Cloud's Character Design: What's your favorite version?

What's your favorite version?

• FFVII - "The Original"

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Crisis Core - "Wannabe SOLDIER"

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Advent Children - "Cloudy Wolf"

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Kingdom Hearts - "Demon-like/Vincent-like"

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

Master Cat

Red Mage
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Chanteru Chandora
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Cloud's Character Design: What's your favorite version?

Cloud Strife has been featured in a variety of games, and as such, his character design has been changed and revamped since the original FFVII game.

In essence, there are four main designs for Cloud, and each alternative design is interesting and unique in it's own way!
((I'm disregarding Amano's slight variation of the original but with white boots))

Which character design or outfit is your favorite of them all? :3

FFVII
(also featured in Dissidia)

FFVIICloud_zps79621381.jpg

FF: Crisis Core

CCCloud_zpsf0a8663a.jpg

FF: Advent Children (also featured in Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts II)

ACCloud_zpsf3b105d3.jpg

cloud-small.jpg

Kingdom Hearts
(also featured in Dissidia)

KHCloud_zpsc337212d.jpg

Last edited:
I still think the original is the best. By all means, the other ones look a little more tidy but they should be, they're far more recent! It comes down to that's who cloud was pictured in the original title, it's also how we remember him at his best (and worse!)

x

FF Advent Children.

Its realistic and up to date and not a pixelated version.

Advent Children. Even if the previous designs were up to date, the hairstyle Cloud has now is much more attractive and it makes him that much more iconic.

Original and Crisis Core.

I prefer the original over all types because it's just the one I grew up with since I was 7, it's hard to brainwash me from that. I also like the Crisis Core outfit, it just looks cute, and "SOLDIER"y, it works.

I really don't mind the Advent Children one either, like Crisis Core, it works. :lew: Only one I'm not too fond of, is the one with the red cloak. Doesn't work for Cloud.

Kingdom Hearts, contrary to what the other person said, it kind of suits Cloud in a strange way. Might also be because that's the first outfit I ever saw Cloud in.

that's probably it. It does look more suited for Cloud in Kingdom hearts, but its a little over the top. such as the black wing, and golden claws that were taken from Vincent.

cloud-small.jpg

Cloud from KH2..not sure if you want to add this, It is a little different from the first KH...

But I am a fan of the Advent Children one.

His hair isn't like perfectly spiked up in so many places that he looks like Sonic doing a spin.
Also the cloth design looks way better In my opinion.

I chose the Crisis Core version because as Six mentioned, it looks pretty darn adorable! x3 I mean, just look at that pose! Smexy. ;D Plus, I think it serves as a reminder of his initial dream/goal in life, which was to become part of SOLDIER.

Of course, I also love the original FFVII outfit 'cause that's like the origin of the Cloud we know and love today~ And the Advent Children outfit is very fitting and suitable for him as well...

I think my least favorite would be the Kingdom Hearts version. It looks very cool, but it has always looked like a Vincent rip-off imo. If Vincent was also featured in KH, they would look like freakin' twins! xD (Which actually might be interesting/cool, but whatever).

Martbot - Thanks for the image! Initially I didn't include the KHII one 'cause it's pretty much the Advent Children version, but I'll add it for more reference material! ;3

I chose Advent Children because the costume just seems a little more realistic to me than the original 7 one, and of course it isn't pixelated.

I voted for the original, although I do like the Kingdom Hearts version. Interesting mix of Cloud and Vincent. :P

How come you posters keep mentioning that the original outfit is pixelated? o_O; I think the concept art for Cloud is more important to look at then the in-game graphics of the outfit. Of course Cloud looks pixelated in the game - FFVII was released when 3D technology was first being implemented in games...

I just don't think that the "outdated" graphics of the game is a good reason to dismiss the original outfit's design, that's all. xD;

Crises Core. :lew: He has a soft, sweet appearance and I really love layered clothing. :hmmm: That's my personal style. :lew: Obviously he's a guy, so it should be a bit different, but Crises Core Cloud is the kind of Cloud I feel I would get along with, who has a positive personality and carries himself in a certain way. The others are a bit bland (apart from KH Cloud) aesthetically speaking.

I just love layers, small details and the colours too. :wacky:

Just looks-wise I think the advent children one is best. The costume is much cooler and I think it suits him more than any of the others.
The KH one is very cluttered and over the top, like they just kept adding random things to it. The original one, I wanted to like it but it just looks so dated, look at those pants, I mean, c'mon lmfao. It's like those were his 90's clothes and now he's gotten with the times and got himself a new modern outfit (the Advent Children one)
Crisis core costume is just a bit boring to me but it's not that bad.

that's probably it. It does look more suited for Cloud in Kingdom hearts, but its a little over the top. such as the black wing, and golden claws that were taken from Vincent.
That's why I love it; Vincent is so badass, Cloud cosplays him! Kidding, of course. I just can't help but feel like it suits Cloud better than the other designs (not that the others didn't suit him). I'm going to be honest, my least favorite one up there is the Crisis Core design. I can't help but feel like the red cape is just an icon of Cloud's badassery.

That's why I love it; Vincent is so badass, Cloud cosplays him! Kidding, of course. I just can't help but feel like it suits Cloud better than the other designs (not that the others didn't suit him). I'm going to be honest, my least favorite one up there is the Crisis Core design. I can't help but feel like the red cape is just an icon of Cloud's badassery.

I suppose the Crisis Core outfit appears to be the blandest out of the bunch perhaps 'cause it looks the most realistic? It's not the most unique or creative design, but I like it the most 'cause it's from Cloud's earlier days in SOLIDER! :3 Before he turned into a mako-infused mess and confused his identity with Zack's. It's like his true self before the drama, y'know? ^^

The Kingdom Hearts outfit really does look like Cloud is cosplaying as Vincent. xD Like he stole Vincent's cape and golden claw. And then Vincent said no so Cloud had to get his own special claw. But it's very badass, so it's tolerable, lol.

Clouds more of a simple guy. He's badass by not trying. In KH he's trying. It doesnt suit his personality.

Original by far. AC Cloud had a lot of unnecessary clothing and KH's Cloud was a bit too radical and out there for me. The original just seems a bit more fitting for the world of FF7.

How come you posters keep mentioning that the original outfit is pixelated? o_O; I think the concept art for Cloud is more important to look at then the in-game graphics of the outfit. Of course Cloud looks pixelated in the game - FFVII was released when 3D technology was first being implemented in games...

I just don't think that the "outdated" graphics of the game is a good reason to dismiss the original outfit's design, that's all. xD;

I understand what you're saying but when you say "original FFVII" I immedietely think of my favorite Cloud, the pixelated one. Most of the game is played with you looking at that so that is just how I think of Cloud. Maybe if they re-did the game COUGH: (if Square Enix is watching) COUGH: with better graphics I could learn to love his original outfit. From the picture I must say it looks pretty...plain.

I understand what you're saying but when you say "original FFVII" I immedietely think of my favorite Cloud, the pixelated one. Most of the game is played with you looking at that so that is just how I think of Cloud. Maybe if they re-did the game COUGH: (if Square Enix is watching) COUGH: with better graphics I could learn to love his original outfit. From the picture I must say it looks pretty...plain.

Yeah, I can understand where you're coming from. I guess you can't erase the pixelated 3D horse-hooves-for-hands image of Cloud, huh? xD

The clothes in the original design may be a bit on the plain side (similar navy blue shades, not many layers, pretty similar to a typical soldier/mercenary uniform, etc.), but I think it's how Cloud wears it that speaks volumes to fans. 'cause he looks a lot more confident and strong in his original outfit compared to his Advent Children outfit, in which most of the time he looks more distant, aloof, and not very assertive at all. Not hating on the AC outfit, but that's just my opinion, lol.

I generally like anything Cloud wears~ :ari:

Back