Blitzball - Epic Or Dull?

• Epic

Votes: 93 52.8%
  • Dull

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 14 8.0%

• Total voters
I voted epic. I used to absolutely adore it, and I'd usually have a game or two for every save point I'd come across. It becomes really, really easy as you progress. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that once you have won your first game, it is very difficult to actually lose a game (apart from your first two or three meetings with the Psyches). I found myself scoring a goal, then sitting behind the goalkeeper with the ball as I read a book or something.

That's only nowadays though, back in the day I used to love it. I must have played the game to the point of acquiring the Jupiter sigil four times now, plus once for a friend (I got her the Jupiter Sigil, and she did the Butterfly Catcher and Lightning Dodger). As a result, I'm a little burnt with Blitzball.

iiits AMAZING the idea of special skills an such rocks, great fun game.

FAR too easy though, then tidus learns jecht shot... score difference+++++++++++++++++

I hated blitzball.
I got a little into at one point, maybe, but not much.
That was getting wakka's overdrive/weapon ( forgot which)
After I got it I never played it again that's for sure =3

I liked blitzball to a point. when it got to the point where i had max stats in the game and the jupiter sigle still wasn't showing up as a prize i got a little pissed and that made me hate blitzball with a passion.

I liked blitzball to a point. when it got to the point where i had max stats in the game and the jupiter sigle still wasn't showing up as a prize i got a little pissed and that made me hate blitzball with a passion.

I had the same issue, the JUPITER SIGIL would just not appear , it pissed me off, unbelievable, then I thought hey let me reset the thing and see what happens.

Whaddya know there it was - Jupiter Sigil :)

nah not booring.
I won 200 straight games once I mastered it.

I still prefer the triple triad though.

I have never enjoyed playing blitzball. I find it to be rather boring, plus I'm not huge on mini-games in FF in general. I tend to stick to the story-line and good side-quests. Blitzball is definitely my least favorite mini-game in all the FF series (and I adore X).

I don't really know, I have had mixed feelings about Blitzball in the past. I usually only play it for Wakka's overdrives + the crest for his Ultimate Weapon. Other than that, I never really play Blitzball.

Would have been more fun if it was multiplayer. :wacky:

Anyone who says it's dull is obviously lying to themselves. Blitzball is frackin' great. Next to Tetra Master it's easily the best minigame in the series. I'd love for a console title to be made out of it, I'd buy the hell out of it.

I voted Epic
It's really fun once you get the hang of it. You are unbeatable,well most of the time once Tidus has that Jecht Shot. And you should be unbeatable once Tidus has the Jecht Shot 2. I remember that my Tidus is already Lv99 while all the other players are just Lv50-55.

not neccasary you only need to play one game.............but if you want Wakka's ultimate weapon you need to come first in the 5th season which means you have to play like 50 games...........good luck if your going for it though!.............

:sleep:

Once you get a good, and solid team, then Blitzball is quite fun and epic. The kind of team I'm talking about is with some good speed, Tidus, Brother, good catching ability, Keepa as golie, and some knowledge of what to do. As stated above, if you want Wakka's ultimate weapon, then blitzball is a must. To me personally, I loved it, and would play it night in and night out lol.

Went for epic.

When I stay months without playing blitz and I start playing it again, I find it very addictive and it's probably the only thing I do in the game for 5, 6 days. But after that, the addiction feeling disappears and I just get sick with the thought of another blitz game. That's when it becomes dull.

But for the fun it can give you, I believe it's more epic than dull.

Epic.

I spent so much time playing blitzball I kind of lost track of the storyline. It just gets so addictive. I don't know of any other FF mini-game that I've had as much fun with as blitzball.

Dull. It tried too hard to be basketball and Soccer. :mokken:

I think I was the only one who couldn't play this game in my family, my sister is awesome at it and STILL spends at least 30 minutes in a match. I personally cheat to win it by going behind the net and causing everyone to spin around.

My point is I didn't like it, it was frustrating and boring :gasp:

Didn't care much for Blitzball. If you had more actual control instead of a turn based system, it would've been less boring. It was more like one of those things to do when you want to take a break from training. All though turning off the game was much more rewarding.

Really I don't know what the fuus is................Epic or Dull

you either love it or hate it...........

If you love it play it until you get bored

Hate it .........Just bare one game during the story

Once you get a good, and solid team, then Blitzball is quite fun and epic. The kind of team I'm talking about is with some good speed, Tidus, Brother, good catching ability, Keepa as golie, and some knowledge of what to do. As stated above, if you want Wakka's ultimate weapon, then blitzball is a must. To me personally, I loved it, and would play it night in and night out lol.

I agree with all of this post, except Keepa as goalie and having Brother. Lmfao, Keepa is a fat piece of shit and one of the worst goalies on the game. Get either Jumal or the goalie off of the Al-Bhed Psyches, Nimrook I believe is his name, I could be wrong. Tidus and Wakka as your front 2. For center you could use one of the Ronzo fangs, Zev I think, Cid, or stick with Letty. For defense it is hands down Zalitz and Kyou. These 2 are absolute fucking beast of players, and are great on defense. Then either Nimrook or Jumal as goalie and you're set. This is what I use, and I have yet to lose a game or even tie like ever lol, and yes I am including the Luca game the 1st time as well. I beat them 2-1 on my 1st ever time playing this game.

And I voted epic, my favorite sidequest of any game :)

Back