Gil
Man, I never thought I'd see the day where
I go to TMZ and see that Billy Mays, the guy
that screams at us via commercial, would be
dead. YOU WERE A CHAMP, BILLY.

bmays-273x300.png

I blame Vince Offer, the ShamWow guy. :C
And he died the same way Michael Jackson
died. Alone, in his bed. Age of 50. Yeesh.

I'll miss him SCREAMING. <//3

I heard about this a today too *checks time* er, yesterday more accurately.

I was really surprised. He was the poster boy for overly preppy advert guy, but he was a familiar face. I still remember the first time I saw him when Oxy Clean came out. Such a shame. I knew it was just his job, but he had a nice smile.

And he was only 50? Never mind being such a young age to die in this day and age, but he didn't even look like he was 50 o_O

I cried like a little bitch and splashed Oxyclean in my eyes just for this motherfucker. This eccentric, shouting pitchman will be missed.

Any more one line posts will be deleted. Post length etc etc, you should all know better too.

I believe this is a post count area, a picture ain't a post -__-

I know the guy, but he was never on here.

EDIT;; a six liner post at least has some effort put into it.

Well I counted, over and over, and I believe I'm in the clear for now. It's not like a lot of people have a lot to say about the guy. Did anyone do a biography about him? Were the paparazzi's after him? No. Any terrible rumors? No. He was loud, and everyone knew of him, but probably discovered his name only through the title of this thread. He was a very convincing and audible announcer, and he will be missed, etc etc. :jtc:

So a nice, one-lined post with more to say than a 6-lined post filled with useless crap and less to offer gets deleted?
There's a distinction between short posts and spam. All the short posts have been more or less spam.
If the short posts were of good quality and could not be expanded upon then they are perfectly acceptable.
If you have any more to contribute to the discussion of short posts versus spam, please PM who so ever you wish to discuss it with.

I believe this is a post count area, a picture ain't a post -__-

I know the guy, but he was never on here.

EDIT;; a six liner post at least has some effort put into it.
So you're saying that post count is favored over actual communication/humor/etc.? Fucking stupid if you ask me, considering a one-lined post "noncontributing" even when it conveys active communication and understanding is ridiculous. If I were to say "lol" and end it at that, I could see why that would be frowned upon, but if I were to say:

"Billy Mays was one of my favorite pitchmen. I'm gonna miss that fucker D:"

Is that really horrible? What if my alternative was

"Billy Mays was a great man. Here is an unnecessarily long explanation as to why he was important, and why I will miss him, because I have to explain all my deepest most inner thoughts to people over a message board because if not my precious post count will be worthless and this is much better than a simple, logical, one-lined post that does the job, right?"

I don't really get it. A well-crafted one-lined post shouldn't be a big deal, especially in a general chat section of a forum. :\

EDIT: Posted after Violent Femme didn't see post and so on

I couldn't believe he died, me and my bro used to make fun of his shouting through the TV. He made you feel as if you were gonna die if you didn't buy the shit. The products always worked well though. R.I.P, man. D: Now we're stuck with the scamwow douchebag.

Last edited:
Dude just wtf is going on here? Did Billy Mays have some health issues like Farrah and Mike did? Only 50 years old too? Seriously, what the hell is going on here. I'm kinda freaked out that celebs are just randomly dying.

I find the freaky part of it all the fact they are all dying at relatively the same age o_O

conspiricy theories galore methinks, this is some really screwed up shiz atm and it makes you wonder, who the heck is going to bite the bullet next? ><

Back