Article: *SPOILERS* FFX|X-2 Remaster voice drama leaks out! FFX-3 becoming increasingly likely

Apparently Tidus spots a Blitzball-shaped object and decides to kick around with it. But the ball turns out to be a bomb and it unceremoniously explodes, taking off Tidus's head somehow. Yuna is knocked back by the explosion and the next thing she knows, his decapitated head lands next to her, etched on it the lifeless and frozen gaze of surprise. Yuna, naturally horrified by this particularly gory yet cartoony untimely death, passes out. Later on, she would resurrect Tidus again, and there all the problems between them allegedly begin. Something about Yuna not wanting Tidus to be aware of what the heck he actually is(?).

You know, even though this whole expanded universe stuff is unnecessary, there are some potentially good little places you can run with this:

1) By having the Fayth dream him back when they weren't supposed to, has Tidus's resurrection the first time done some unforeseen damage/adverse effect? That's worth exploring.

2) Has it worsened by Yuna requesting his return a second game, hence the barriers between the Farplane and Spira beginning to substantially blur and totally screw up the metaphysical order of the world?

BUT Nojima just has to make this as difficult to seriously swallow as possible. The alleged events of Tidus's second death just elicits some laughter from me, and I can't take it very seriously. Nor can I take seriously the fact that there's sexual content/references strewn around. Hence why I suggested that FFX-3 should feature Tidus as South Park's Kenny, because at this point, they may as well roll with this fantastic dark piece of humour. Then there's the tween drama edge to the audio drama that in itself sounds utterly insufferable - far from the appealing starting point for any potential FFX-3.

My god they are serious with the head explosion stuff? Haha I would love to see this just to be ultimately confused by it all. They make Tidus sound like a **** who can't figure out what is and isn't a blitzball. Why is there a bomb just sitting there anyway? Ugh this wondrous story has seemed to stroll away from what it truly was all about. Should have stuck with FFX but FFX-2 was good to some people and brought about that happy ending. Just cast aside all of this that's all I can say. It sounds like something I could conjure up on a jokey afternoon haha

I didn't realise that they were going to make a x-3. Like most have you have said (if not pretty much everyone). Not sure how I feel about this. Though I love the first games and have a bit of a craving to find out what happens next, I'm always disappointed when they bring out the sequal because it just never lives up to the amazement of the first game. However, I feel they've slacked a bit with 13, because its just so linear. One of my loves about the game was that it got to a point and you could wonder off and go do optional parts in different towns.
If this is true however, not a massive fan of them breaking up, like someone else said previously, it ruins it for me. she spent two games trying to keep him or running off to find him and now to hear they've broke up? not the happiest about this. However, it would be cool if maybe one of the new characters was a child of theirs? or even lulu and wakkas?

This is gold. SE, after testing the waters with XIII-3, is deciding to have material ready should they decide to go full-steam in making another completely unnecessary sequel. Of course knowing Square Enix and their complete disregard from learning from past mistakes, we will get X-3 sooner than XV with more awkward laughs than you can handle. :awesome:

And I finally heard the whole video, this reeks a lot like ToS: Dawn of the New World. I totally did not waste skipping in the Thunder Plains and getting 100% in X-2 for this. >_>

Last edited:
Am I the only one here who thinks a X-3 would make their year? X is my favourite one, I remember picking up X-2 the day it was put on the shelf and enjoying every single bit of it. I'm a little tired of being so cynical about how Lightning Returns will turn out due to my opinion on Final Fantasy XIII-2. The only real reason I found that game so dull was because of how it compared to the game before it. Let's be honest, Final Fantasy XIII-2 isn't the better game, nor is it one of the best Final Fantasy games of the franchise, but it's still a Final Fantasy.

By the way why, because I avoid reading on when I read the word "Spoilers", why are spoilers even being revealed when the game isn't even concrete? Are these spoilers because they're official and confirmed, or just because they're likely possibilities for the plot? If I just read "They break up" and that's a definite thing, then I'm kinda disappointed.

Let's be honest, Final Fantasy XIII-2 isn't the better game, nor is it one of the best Final Fantasy games of the franchise, but it's still a Final Fantasy.

Just wanted to say let's be honest, Final Fantasy XIII is not the better game ;) XIII-2 was better in pretty much every way imo.

As for an X-3, I'd normally be really excited for it, if not for these 'spoilers' I would love it. But what we've heard so far isn't exactly good :/ in fact it's pretty awful imo. I'd honestly rather pretend it doesn't exist if it's as bad as it sounds.

Just wanted to say let's be honest, Final Fantasy XIII is not the better game ;) XIII-2 was better in pretty much every way imo.

As for an X-3, I'd normally be really excited for it, if not for these 'spoilers' I would love it. But what we've heard so far isn't exactly good :/ in fact it's pretty awful imo. I'd honestly rather pretend it doesn't exist if it's as bad as it sounds.

Hehe, okay okay, I should have said it was my opinion. I hope the spoilers aren't too bad, I loved the story in X and X-2 in every way, so I'm hoping this doesn't do the typical thing that third-installments do and wreck it. (I really wanted to make a Wreck-It-Ralph pun then but nothing came to mind.)

Hehe, okay okay, I should have said it was my opinion. I hope the spoilers aren't too bad, I loved the story in X and X-2 in every way, so I'm hoping this doesn't do the typical thing that third-installments do and wreck it. (I really wanted to make a Wreck-It-Ralph pun then but nothing came to mind.)

Haha it's okay :P I hope so too. X is my favourite of all the FF games, possibly my favourite game full stop. So I'd honestly love to see more of the world and characters, but only if it's done right, which so far this doesn't sound like it is. I'll reserve judgement till we get more concrete information though, since for all we know we might not even be getting another X game at all.

i dont know whether or not it has been posted by anyone yet but there was a video on youtube posted on 31 december 2013 of the audio story japanese version but with full english subtitles, iv watched the whole thing and it does explain things a little better than what iv read in this article and some of the comments, heres the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJd3Tfu5ulY

I am sorry for the bump. This is chock full of spoilers so I am glad I never read this the last time I was here. Now that I have finally seen the drama myself, I can finally give my thoughts on the overall subject of FFX.

First off, I would just like to say that Square Enix WOULD MAKE A FINAL FANTASY X-3 even if they said they would not. It makes ZERO sense to end FFX: Will on a cliffhanger like that. Personally, I was not too keen on the drama and I thought it was pretty WTF. Even after reading the FFX novel, it is a bit confusing.

So anyway, here is what I have to say about all this.

-Chuami is quite literally a bitch and I truly mean that. JUDGING Lulu by her breast size and not her personality/position as a mayor is downright idiotic. Chuami reminds me of those girls that like to try to be cool by opening their big fucking mouths and spouting some bullshit. Chuami apparently is Auron's daughter. HAH! Who would have thought that Auron would have ever had a daughter? LULU even says that Auron is the type who WOULD tell people if he had any people/children close to him. Square Enix have quite literally fucked up on introducing her during the whole series and as far as I am concerned, she is just a random character who appeared out of nowhere. This is coming from someone who loves Final Fantasy X's story.

-After playing FFX HD and then getting 100% in FFX-2, which then lead to Yuna, Rikku, and Paine climbing Iuticyr Tower and beating the absolute crap out of Major Numerus, I must say that Yuna went through one hell of a journey. She ends up having a fight with Rikku, because Rikku wants to spend time with her more than ever, and after abandoning the Gullwings it seems to be tough on Yuna.

I think the series is best played like this if you want the full gist of it: FFX, FFX: Eternal Calm, FFX-2 (Make sure to get 100 percent), FFX-2 last Mission, FFX: Price of Eternity, and then watch the audio drama FFX: Will.

If you do all of the following, you know what Yuna begins to feel and this is evident in Last Mission where she begins to tell Rikku that her love life with Tidus is none of her business. Rikku really starts to move away from Yuna and we know that Paine, Yuna and Rikku will never see each other like they constantly have.

Paine begins to remember her times with Crimson Squad, and Rikku insists that Paine only cares about herself. Last mission, to me is the crux of FF X-2. It was my first time playing it and it was totally worth it despite the difficulty of it.

So let us go back to the actual novel and drama for the moment.

Here are my thoughts on things:

-Kurgrum and Chuami are mysterious characters and HAVE never been show properly. This can use a fix in a potential FFX-3

-The general thoughts I have of Yuna and Tidus splitting up revolve around deception. Yuna says she is in love with someone else and to me I think that "someone" is Tidus, but the one she knew from FFX. Unfortunately, I had one bit of the novel spoiled for me by a certain person, but it appears that Tidus did indeed lose his head because he thought the object he saw was a blitzball. It sure goes back to the quote "I want to be a blitzball when I grow up". Tidus is killed on this Uncharted island but his feelings for Yuna remain even more prior to death. He appears to find Yuna's hair arousing and he even feels sexual feelings when she is wearing a swimsuit. Oh and in case you people have not noticed, this story is actually canon. The story is not some big bad fanfiction that the writers had in mind.

Continuing from the cabin, Tidus eventually dies by a blitzball bomb, and his head rolls next To Yuna, which ends up in Yuna being seriously horrified. We now find out of an unknown unsent in the novel who tells Yuna to bring Tidus back by "sex" (this is seriously implied) So Yuna does do this and Tidus is somehow alive again.

I was a bit confused with this sex method and still pretty much am. Anyway, there is someone named Ifarnal (he appears to be the main villain who brought back the dead in the drama) but it is impossible to tell who he is with the limited info. Honestly, he could probably be similar to Trema in some regard.

I want to bring up my thoughts on Ifarnal (Sources call him by that name, so I am going to use it) Ifarnal is what causes this drama to be one huge clusterfuck. He brings back the dead, and the farplane goes corrupt (Tidus might also have something to do with this). Perhaps his revival at the end of FFX-2 has an effect on the Farplane, but we could not identify this as fact.

Now, with Sin coming back, it must mean Ifarnal wants revenge of some sort. Upon watching the drama we learn that the farplane goes haywire, Tidus is feeling terrible because of his injury, Kurgrum is in love with Yuna, Chuami is a new bitch, Yuna uses deception to tell Tidus she is in love with someone else, etc. Tidus still loves Yuna and this is evident when he felt turned on by her swimsuit and hair in FFX: Price of Eternity. So it is IMPOSSIBLE for Yuna to love Kurgrum back because there was no INDICATION of that whatsoever in the drama, nor the novel, even if Kurgrum wants Yuna to return her love.

I know this all sounds like fanficition, but I had no choice to make sense of it because I did not want FFX to die a horrible death in my mind.

I am more concerned about how Yuna will defeat Sin without some power of love bullshit. Yuna does not have Aeons, nor does she have much on her side to beat Sin again.

However, I have a couple of questions before I end this long post. Was Chuami this bitchy? I can understand Yevon killing her mother but claiming she is the supposed daughter of Auron is stupid. I felt like smashing a rock against her head when she called out Lulu on her breasts.

On the drama itself: I would dismiss it as a dream, but SE would not do that because they clearly meant it be deeper. As for Yuna’s character, it seems she just cannot be without Tidus and she feels hopeless when she is not by his side. In Last mission, it was Rikku and Paine who encouraged her to move forward, in the novel when Tidus dies she uses the sex fayth method to bring him back. As for Chuami, I cannot forgive SE for making this character. She is stuck up, straight up sounds like the leader of a clique, has no manners, calls out other people's private business, etc. I think that nobody honestly likes Chuami. Wakka hated her, Yuna felt she was a brat, and Kurgrum did not like how she approached Yuna.

Some final thoughts on the whole thing: FFX-3 is worrisome because it can just be another FFX with some new characters. Think about it, this drama said fuck off to FFX and called FFX-2 a bad dream. Now that Yuna is getting ready to set sail and defeat Sin again, she does not have many options. I honestly do not see where this will go unless they somehow bring Auron, Jecht, and even Braska in the party as unsent. Since all of the Farplane is going haywire, it is only logical to assume that Seymour and most characters will be back to make the story interesting. As much as I love FFX, I really do not want SE to ruin the characters or story. I mean it is good to see that Yuna's new look is more elegant than girly girl as of right now.

Tidus not being himself is a result of his injury, and the sex fayth method Yuna performed on his soul so I would say it is a double dilemma. Sheesh, Seymour sure was right when he said Spira is a never-ending spiral of death. Yuna keeps on losing people dear to her, she cannot do anything about it, and it is only going to get worse.

Finally, I want to express my thoughts on Tidus’s character in the novel and drama respectively. SE use sexual thoughts, which mean Tidus is more than looking to knock Yuna up, and probably wants to love her forever. I just question why Tidus now believes Yuna loves somebody else, when the answer should be obvious. The only answer I can think of is when Yuna had/performed sex on Tidus’s soul, he lost his memory, and this is somewhat explained in FFX: Price of Eternity.

If Tidus TRULY lost his memory, he should not know Yuna. Memory loss also explains why he talks to that other friend he has more often. Tidus is still shown to be pathetic and tiresome. He reminds me of an adult who does not know how to handle his own partner even if he truly wants to be able to love her. Lulu agrees that Tidus is hopeless and is most likely blinded by Yuna, that he cannot handle the fact even embracing her would get him aroused.

Well, those are my thoughts overall on the damn thing. It disappointed me, but at the same time, I am glad Yuna has a look similar to FFX, because I hated her girly girl style. I can now see why everyone was so riled up about the drama now, but personally I felt it was better to wait and try and put pieces together.

I think at best we might see FF X-3 in a number of years, because priority is still going to FFXV and KH III now. Then again, Square Enix just announced Type-0 HD for Xbox one and PS4 so you never know what they will pull.

Square Enix have without a doubt managed to piss of a lot of FFX fans. I am still neutral on this thing.

There are some good responses and some disappointing responses in this thread so I am glad I had some reading to do before posting my thoughts.

No, please GOD, no. No, the can't possibly have the audacity to break up Tidus and Yuna. If they do such a thing, I will put the nail in the coffin of hate I have for Square at present. But as Palutena said, it would be weird for them to end the story of X with Will. I don't have any faith in what this MAY turn out to be, but I am not happy with how it appears to start out. But of course, I will buy it and see it through to the end, as always.

I wouldn't be mad if this turned out to be some sort of fan-fiction they were playing around with and they revealed that they weren't serious at all.

Back