Another Teacher Deems American Flag Offensive

You gotta ask yourself, why did that error of judgment even occur--about the American flag of all things.

Because people are dumb?

Princess Bubblegum said:
Gee, I hope I can tell a person flying another flag in our country on the 4th of July, that it's offensive.

Watch how fast I get deemed a "racist."

Ironically, much like Cinco de Mayo, not all that much actually happened on the 4th of July. We declared our independence on July 2nd, and the Declaration was signed on August 2nd. The 4th of July was just when Congress stopped revising and debating the Declaration.

Anyway, much like telling a person they can't wear a t-shirt with an American flag motif is dumb, telling a person they can't fly a flag that symbolizes their ethnic heritage (which is still their heritage, regardless of the date) is dumb. It was a dumb mistake. It's not that big of a deal. The slippery slope has no power here.

Even if all of it is wrong to that teacher or anyone else -- Said TEACHER had no right to try and cram their beliefs down that kids throat by saying it was offensive ;)

I am all for being proud of your own beliefs but seriously some doesn't think the same as you? Get over it. Move on.

“She had drawn the flag and was sketching the letters, ‘God bless America,’ when the teacher confronted her,” Hathaway told FOX. “She said, ‘You can’t draw that – that’s offensive.’”

Even more striking, another student in the same art class drew a picture of President Obama and was praised by the teacher.

~ And to make that kid go through that? -__-

Back