Help Am I underleveled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gil
Hello

*Spoilers*

I'm just wondering if I'm at a good level for advancing through the game. Right now, I'm collecting the huge materia, I'm getting the (supposedly) last one in Junon. I've saved my game inside the mako reactor and I'm ready to proceed further.

Cloud is level 43
Cid is 41
The rest is either 38, 39 or 40

I died just once in the entire game as of now, but for some bosses in disc 2 I got extremely lucky (because I had an item by chance that made me absorb an attack so I could get healed easily). That's why I'm worried.

Weapon was about to destroy me, His attacks are amazingly powerful. I had only 1 character left with yellow HP and Weapon flies away? :S Got VERY lucky there too.

My materia isn't that great either. I only got 1 3-spell (Fire3). Don't have any special combos except for All + Cure2, All + Life1 and some offensive spells.

Thanks in advance.

Your not too far behind, would recommend maybe making Cloud level 48/ 47
But you need to catch the others up who have fallen behind- to level 45/ 46..

Are you up to the Underwater Rector in Junon...?

If you are the party members who are under level 40 are seriously going to get pwned when the upcoming boss comes along.

Your materia should be fine during the rector because think that the upcoming boss that your going to face heals lighting spells and think Ice/ Earth does hardly anything..

Just make sure that Cloud and maybe another party member has Level 3 limit breaks learnt and you should be fine during the Rector..

For Materia wise later in the game you will need Haste and Esuna learnt definitely..

Hope it helps ! & Good luck !

Thank you. :)

Do you think level 50 characters will be enough to beat the final boss (if I learn the recommended materia)?

Thank you. :)

Do you think level 50 characters will be enough to beat the final boss (if I learn the recommended materia)?

..To be truthful wouldn't have a clue because haven't got up to the Final Cave yet..
Got up to Sephy's Final Cave but never was brave enough to head down there..

Sephiroth really truly scares the wits out of me...

But when playing other Final Fantasy games for the Final Boss your top team at level 60 was the main trick/ rule.. Recommend everybody being around level 55/ 56 and your main three at level 60...

Maybe upgrade your level 2 Cure - To level 3 Cure
And Life - To Life 2...

Not stuck or anything... Just not brave enough to head down Sephiroth's cave...
>___> ''

FF7 is a game that you dont really have to be high leveled to beat. All you have to have, are the right combinations of Materia and equipment, and you'll be fine. First off, get yourself a few HP pluses either from Mideel or Cosmo Canyon. This should offset the negative side effect of equiping higher level Materia. Secondly, the only real piece of Materia that you need to get through the game, is the Enemy Skill Materia. This little yellow piece of Materia has everything you can imagine; Haste, Wall, healing spells, ressurection spells, status repair spells, elemental spells, non-elemental spells, strong single target spells, status inflicting spells, and MP recouperation spells.

That along with any of your favorite summons, magic, or command Materia should make the game a lot easier.

Oh, and P.S., it doesn't hurt to get a little higher leveled. At the point of the game you're in, the forest around Mideel is great for that. Just make sure your party members have either a Ribbon, or a Headband equiped so that they're immune to sleep, and spend about an hour there taking out the hordes of forest dwellers.

Thank you, both of you. :) Right now, I'm at the cave of Sephiroth and I've faced him (but failed).

The bosses were relatively easy, it's just the final stage that kicked my butt. Right now Cloud is 56, the rest is 50...

I tried training in the cave itself. While the monsters aren't too bad, the experience is still a bit slow thanks to the L4 Death, Ultima of that Dragon and other OHKO moves. Those are making me crazy. I'll try the forests around Mideel. Hopefully some better luck.

I did it, I beat the game. :)

The ending was very satisfying, although I did need some help. Thanks for that. :)

You're in the FInal Cave already? Had I known that I would've told you to level up there instead.

To avoid the instant death attacks, equip a Safety Bit on each one of your characters, you can buy them in Rocket Town. Secondly, equip the Steal Materia, and the Sneak Glove if you have it, and take the left path (from your point of view, not Cloud's) and then take the top path. You're going to run into a lot of enemies here called Magic Pots. Each one of these gives you 8000 exp., & 1000 AP each & they usually show up in groups of two. The catch here, is that you gotta give each one of them an Elixir before you can damage them. And unless you got the W-Item Materia, you're gonna have to steal Elixirs from the Master Tonberries, or the kid & mule monster combo that also show up in this area (I think the mule has the elixir, but I dont remember clearly). If you can get the EXP plus Materia from the Golden Saucer, Cloud's Apocolypse sword and Cid's Scimitar, you'll be leveling up and mastering Materia left and right.

Other enemies you'll meet here, are the flying eyeball monster that provide 1000 exp. & 100 AP each, and these three little balls called Movers, they provide you no exp., but give you 2400 AP everytime they show up. None of the enemies in this area use instant death on you, so feel free to equip any accsessory you want.

Last edited:
well at that point of the game my guys were about lvl 50 so i would say you are fine where you are =]

calis1000k.png
[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back