Aftermath

Chocobowill

SOLDIER
Gil
What do you think sephiroth will do next? After Advent children, He says he'll never be a memory. And is he capable of coming back...again?

I think he is. As long as people remember him, he can eternally emerge from the lifestream in some way. If any Seph clones still exist, they can aid in hos revival. He is very stubborn, and will continually come back.

Plus, if Jenova can regenerate he probably has that ability too. Not to mention, who knows what powers he gained from the life stream. His only weakness is he's cocky otherwise Cloud wouldn't be able to beat him. So yeah, he can come back.

And is he capable of coming back...again?

You can count on it. SE are sure to milk the FF7 series again so I wouldn't be surprised.

My guess is in some other form but the big finale will be Sephiroth vs Cloud, just like the good old days... again. :ffs:

I'm hoping they do Genesis next. I'm interested in seeing where that goes. And While I agree Sony is doing a lot with FFVII it's not all bad. Crisis Core was a great game and can stand on its own marets. Haven't played Dirge of Cerberus but I still think it was a bad move using a secret char that has little influence on the story. Though I did like Yuffie in CC. I turned CC off after seeing her for the first time in that game till I stopped laughing. Advent Children was a good movie too. Maybe it wont make a top ten list but it's still enjoyable to watch. So I don't have a problem with any of it (outside of DoC) and do hope they continue. FFVII has one of the most interesting worlds of any game I've played.

I'm hoping they do Genesis next. I'm interested in seeing where that goes. And While I agree Sony is doing a lot with FFVII it's not all bad. Crisis Core was a great game and can stand on its own marets. Haven't played Dirge of Cerberus but I still think it was a bad move using a secret char that has little influence on the story. Though I did like Yuffie in CC. I turned CC off after seeing her for the first time in that game till I stopped laughing. Advent Children was a good movie too. Maybe it wont make a top ten list but it's still enjoyable to watch. So I don't have a problem with any of it (outside of DoC) and do hope they continue. FFVII has one of the most interesting worlds of any game I've played.
I agree that they are doing alot with it, but that says something. It a great world and with intriguing characters. And as you i have never played Doc, id liek to for story though.

If they are going to do that it would be awesome if they did some sort of thing where Genesis, Angeal, and Seph all come back and end up merging. Then they can have the part of him that still has honor(Angeal) feeling contradictory to the rest, and play the whole inner turmoil of a villain. I honestly thought Genesis and Angeal were great characters and would love to see them again. Have them start off separate and then after a little more character development on Angeal and Genesis throughout the story they end up merging.

To GameGeeks.

I agree with the world being very interesting, and I believe part of the reason for it is that in FFVII they built up the characters of most of the cast. Every character has scenes that are long and with a good amount of dialog about that specific character and helping you get to know them. Which is something I believe they have failed with in FF8,FF9,FF10. I don't think I got as attached to as many of the characters in any of those games as I did in VII and that's the reason why.

Last edited:
If they are going to do that it would be awesome if they did some sort of thing where Genesis, Angeal, and Seph all come back and end up merging. Then they can have the part of him that still has honor(Angeal) feeling contradictory to the rest, and play the whole inner turmoil of a villain. I honestly thought Genesis and Angeal were great characters and would love to see them again. Have them start off separate and then after a little more character development on Angeal and Genesis throughout the story they end up merging.

To GameGeeks.

I agree with the world being very interesting, and I believe part of the reason for it is that in FFVII they built up the characters of most of the cast. Every character has scenes that are long and with a good amount of dialog about that specific character and helping you get to know them. Which is something I believe they have failed with in FF8,FF9,FF10. I don't think I got as attached to as many of the characters in any of those games as I did in VII and that's the reason why.
Absolutely, The characters grab our attention as well as our hearts, and i would also like to see more of angeal and genisis, maybe make a comeback or something.

I like Angeal, but I think his roll in the story is done. He was meant to be a mentor to Zack and did that very well. Plus I don't thing Angeal would let himself come back. You have to remember what he thought of himself. So his roll is done, but Genesis is still open and they left it off in both CC and DoC (saw the hidden ending on youtube) that they had something more planed for him. I personally wouldn't mind a game from his perspective but with his abilities it'd be difficult. And with the illness he had no longer there he could be as strong as Sephiroth pre-Nebelhiem if not a bit more. But I still think Sephiroth would be the stronger of the two due to the events in FFVII. Might make an interesting twist to have the final final confrontation be between those two though. If something like that ever happened though it'd probably be between Cloud and Sephiroth. Right now I'm of the opinion that CC was just the beginning for Genesis so he'll be back. Hell, after AC Cloud's part in the story might even be coming to an end but I doubt it since he's the most popular character in the series. It wouldn't hurt the progression of the overall story if it did though.

Another confrontation between Cloud and Sephiroth is probably the last direction I would want another FFVII spin off to go in. I think there has been enough of that. They have to do something at least a little different I think.

That's why I said Genesis vs Sephiroth would be a nice twist. I don't see Genesis playing the villain again after CC. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Honestly I hope he doesn't because to me Advent Children was sooo pointless. Then again, that's my opinion, but I really hope not because it's just becoming repetitive.

Sephiroth will do exactly what Cloud wants him to do. I know that sounds stupid, but Sephiroth lives within Clouds mind, and exists only as a memory now. So if Cloud wishes him to be free, than he will be free.

Only Cloud can keep Sephiroth from doing anything, and only Cloud can cause Sephiroth to do anything. I'm probably the only one who understands what I'm trying to say.

Back