A Story of A Love... A CloudxAerith Club

Ohh, a new member! Welcome PrincessPyrefly! Why don't you tell us why you like CloudxAerith so much!

And if you can, take a whirl at answering this question;
What is your favorite fanfiction for Cloud and Aerith and Why?

I actually haven't read much CloudxAerith fanfiction... I did read one on deviant art where Cloud talks about how much he misses Aerith. I think it was written before Advent Children was released because it had Cloud living in Aerith's church and Tifa living with Barret in Kalm. It was a very long time ago but I can try to find it.

I'm not on the list :rage:

Add me to the list :rage:

edit* can't say Ive read any fan fics, but if anyone can point me in the direction of any good ones I guess I could give them a read

A P P E A R A N C E S .

M I N O R . A P P E A R A N C E S & P A R A L L E L S
Flower Girl: "He's handsome, but he's not exactly Mr. Personality..."
Weimar, Pluto Knight VII: "To have the chance to meet a pretty flower girl like you in a destroyed city... I'm the luckiest guy in the world!"
On the wall of a weapons shop in this game, a Buster Sword is shown on display. When Zidane sees it, he says, "I remember a guy with spiky hair who carried something like this."
In another part of Final Fantasy IX, a soldier and a flower girl who greatly resemble Cloud and Aerith can be found right outside a church in Alexandria, which is interesting since Cloud and Aerith first got to know one another in Aerith's church. The soldier, named Pluto Knight VII (as in FFVII), says that he's very lucky to meet such a beautiful flower girl in a destroyed city, which may be a reference to Midgar being destroyed at the end of Final Fantasy VII. The flower girl says, "He's cute, but he isn't exactly Mr. Personality." Since Cloud's not the most personable guy in the world, her remark fits Cloud perfectly.
There are no cameos or references to Tifa in Final Fantasy IX."
Final Fantasy V (PSX version)
On the menu at the start of the game, characters from FFV cross the screen. But there is a small possibility that a sprite of Cloud will walk by. Apart from this, Cloud does not appear in the main game.

Final Fantasy X-2
In the Gullwings, the group the main character Yuna is a member of, there is a young boy called Shinra. His name suggests a connection with the Shinra Company, and he's researching a method to use the "life force that flows through our planet" as energy. The results of this can't be seen in FFX-2, but maybe someday his descendants will form a "company that supplies energy from the planet"?

This scene with Shinra can be seen in the end part of the game. There's something similar to the Lifestream in this world as well. Nomura even stated that the two worlds are tied together.

Final Fantasy XI: Rise of Zilart
If you defeat the dark Avatar Fenrir, you can choose the reward you want out of several choices. One of these is an "Ancient's Key" item. On its own the item serves no purpose, but if you defeat the other Avatars and collect other items of the same kind, you can trade those in for the Summoner's strongest armor.As well as the Ancient's Key, you can collect other items named after key items from the FF series.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
In a town called Marr's Pass, as the story progresses the couple who run the inn will have some children. They will have a total of 3 children, named Clou-Mid, Squal-Mid and Zida-Mid... in other words, parodies of the names of the heroes from FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX (Cloud, Squall and Zidane, respectively).

Parasite Eve
On the screen where you choose the area you want to search, in the entrance of the subway, there's a billboard with an image of Cloud and Aerith sitting.

Parasite Eve 2
Written on the white board in the research facility are the names of a vaccine program, the "Cloud Anti-virus", and a computer magazine called "Aeris September issue".
In the September issue of Aeris magazine, there's a hint for the password.

Hanjuku Heroes vs 3D
Features generals named Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie and Sephiroth. However, the only similarities they have to the FFVII characters are the names and gender.
The one in the middle of the screen riding the black horse is General Aerith. Incidentally, one of her hobbies is gardening.

Last edited:
I don't really read fanfiction, so I can't comment on that. As for songs that remind me of Cloud and Aerith, it has to be Fleetwood Macs Crystal! The lyrics are so pretty -

[SIZE=+2]Do you always trust your first, initial feeling?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Special knowledge holds truth, bears believing[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]I turned around[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]And the water was closing all around[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Like a glove[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Like the love[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]That had finally, finally found me[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Then I knew[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]In the crystalline knowledge of you[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Drove me through the mountains[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Through the crystal-like and clear water fountain[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Drove me like a magnet[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]To the sea[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]To the sea, yeah[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]How the faces of love have changed, turning the pages[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]And I have changed, oh, but you, you remain ageless[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]I turned around[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]And the water was closing all around[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Like a glove[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Like the love[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]That had finally, finally found me[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Then I knew[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]In the crystalline knowledge of you[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Drove me through the mountains[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Through the crystal-like and clear water fountain[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Drove me like a magnet[/SIZE]

Il have a poper scour through when Im not hungover :ryan:

Ive got Cloud and Aerith figures as well, we're all such nerds :8F:

I have my Cloud and Aerith figures too, Kelly. I made them play kissy-face :mokken:

Well, not really, they're still in boxes. BUT I SHALL.

R O M A N T I C . Q U O T E S

R O M A N T I C . Q U O T E S

“How could I ask you to go along when I knew it might be dangerous?”-Cloud
[SIZE=-2][/SIZE]
Aerith: "Cloud, are you there?"
Cloud: "Aerith!? You safe?"
Aerith: "Yeah, I'm all right."
Aerith: "I knew that Cloud would come for me."
Cloud: "Hey, I'm your bodyguard, right?"--In the jail of the Shinra building
[SIZE=-2][/SIZE]
Aerith: "I'm... alone... I'm all alone now..."
Cloud: "But I'm... we're here for you, right?"
Aerith: "I know. I know, but... I am the only... Cetra."
Cloud: "Does that mean we can't help?"--In Cosmo Canyon
[SIZE=-2][/SIZE]
Cloud "Aerith is gone."
Cloud "Aerith will no longer talk, no longer laugh, cry... or get angry..."
(Cloud holds her body close to his own and bows his head close to hers.)
(Cloud's shoulders start heaving as though he is crying.)
Cloud "What about us... what are WE supposed to do?"
(He gently rests her on the floor.)
Cloud "What about my pain?"
(He trembles.)
Cloud "My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My eyes are burning!"
--Aerith's death / Cloud's speech
[SIZE=-2][/SIZE]
Cait Sith "Now, what should I predict?"
(Aerith claps her hands, then stands over by Cloud)
Aerith "Hmm, let's see how compatible Cloud and I are!"
Cait Sith "Looks good. You are perfect for each other!"
Cait Sith "Aerith's star and Cloud's star! They show a great future!"
Cait Sith "Cloud, I'll be your matchmaker, preacher... I'll do whatever you want me to!"
Cait Sith "You just call me when it all happens!" --TEMPLE OF THE ANCIENTS
[SIZE=-2][/SIZE]
(Cloud looks down)
Cloud "I remember Aerith a lot."
Cloud "No... not that. You haven't remembered. You haven't forgotten."
Cloud "That's not it... How would you say it..."
Cloud "Aerith was right there all along. Right by our side."
Cloud "She was so close, we couldn't see her."
Cloud "What Aerith did... The words she left behind..." --In Cosmo Canyon
[SIZE=-2][/SIZE]
Cloud "...I think I'm beginning to understand."
Cloud "An answer from the Planet..."
Cloud "the Promised Land..."
Cloud "I think I can meet her... there." -The ending of the Game

Last edited:
I thought so too, the themes of water and the "you remain ageless" line :gasp:

I need to grab the rest of the FFVII cast... but I have my Cloud and Aerith, so I'm happy :wacky:

I wont take mine out of the boxes either xD

I really want a Yuffie and a Reno, Ive not seen them since, i really should of bought them when I had the chance, but i simply HAD to have Cloud and Aerith (gor a sephy as well)

If Im feeling creative, which i am, but drawing people is hard for me :sad3: i might try and knock out some fan art (read, probably wont, but the intention is there :8F:)

F F V I I . 1 0 t h . A n n i v e r s a r y . U l t i m a n i a .

F F V I I . 1 0 t h . A n n i v e r s a r y . U l t i m a n i a .
all quotes in the following post are from the OFFICIAL FFVII10th ANNIVERSARY ULTIMANIA.

Aerith's profile:
Even though Aerith perceived that Cloud had lost sight of his true self, she still has great affection for him.

Although in the beginning, Aerith felt close to Cloud because he behaves like Zack, her interest in Cloud himself grows and is attracted to him. (p. 31)

Trivia 1: It’s tough being the popular guy?
Despite his cold behavior in several scenes, Cloud is essentially popular with members of the opposite sex. In addition to FFVII’s heroines Tifa and Aerith both having feelings for him, AVALANCHE’s Jessie and young Priscilla in Junon both also fall for Cloud soon after they meet him. Even though it’s the pitiable aspects of Cloud that stand out, perhaps weaknesses such as those also win over a woman’s heart.

Cloud's character profile
[FFVII] Both Aerith, who is forthright, and Tifa, who is demure, have feelings for Cloud but he is none the wiser to them.

WAITING FOR MORE>>>

Last edited:
Here is a great music video with lots of CxA fanart. I got a little teary watching it.

So why do you prefer Cloud x Aerith to Cloud x Tifa?

I never liked the Cloud x Tifa pairing at all. For one, Tifa's character annoyed me in the game. She was way too clingy and some how made her self out to be a damsel when her character should not have been one. I also do not think Cloud and Tifa are compatible. I was forever turned off by their relationship when it was revealed that Tifa lied to Cloud about his past. And it really did not make any sense why she wouldn't tell Cloud about his past because it ended up causing more problems later in the game. It came off like she did not tell him because she thought that she would have a better chance at starting a relationship with him. (LOLz, he's a hero, ooh if I make him believe that we were childhood friends maybe he'll fall in love with me! Can't tell him how I really treated him!)

And I didn't really find the well scene that romantic because she basically ignored Cloud until he told her that he was going off to join soldier, and then she wanted him to save her IF he became a hero. Their relationship just seems very shallow.

With Cloud and Aerith, I thought their relationship was much sweeter. I loved that Cloud only smiled with her and he continued to think about her even after she died. And I always found it sweet that Cloud was a badass hero (yes he wasn't Zack, but he still defeated Sephiroth when Zack couldn't) yet he loved a gentle flower girl :)

I agree with some of what you said. I really do. But lets try to focus on the positives for Cloud and Aerith rather than the negatives in Cloud and Tifa. I couldn't agree more with some of what you said, though xD

And if we have to say something lets put it in spoilers just in case. :3

Also...
And I always found it sweet that Cloud was a badass hero (yes he wasn't Zack, but he still defeated Sephiroth when Zack couldn't) yet he loved a gentle flower girl
smile1.gif
Me too! It's one of my favorite parts in their love story!

I just prefer the tragic romance aspect to Cloud and Aerith, the alternative is just too boring for me. I'm a good old romantic at heart!

F F V I I . U l t i m a n i a . O m e g a

F F V I I . U l t i m a n i a . O m e g a
Provided by: Chibica on the CxA forums.

Page 180, the marked part
The origin of the saying “Not interests.”
"In the scene when the young Cloud explains his mental state by saying “I used to think people around me are foolish”, surprisingly, he shows the posture of shrugging his shoulders. If we consider this, the part of his coolness that keeps him away from the surroundings and the part of his asserting “Not interests” all have nothing to do with the influence of Jenova cells, they belong to the real Cloud’s personality."

Page 156, the marked part
“So you won’t have a breakdown..”
Aerith appears in Cloud’s dream, she seems to console him with such advice. This line can infer that Aerith has seen through the essence of Cloud.

Page120, the marked one
The fortune telling with deep meaning.
Cait Sith’s divination about the direction toward Sephiroth turns out three consequences. Disregard the previous two, the noticeable one is the third result which becomes the chance for him to follow the party—“What you’re looking for would be yours, but you’ll lose something very dear.
As the storyline moves on to the event of Forgotten City, the “something very dear” can be read as losing Aerith, and it also hint the event of Cloud’s reaching his self breakdown when the story goes to the Northern Crater.

Page 157, the marked one
Grief is what’s left the friends.
After the battle with Jenova LIFE, the party members leave that place without a word. At this moment, what they behave has slight difference. We can see that everyone grieves for Aerith respectively, and the look that worries about Cloud.
(Caption beside the screen of Cloud holding Aerith's body)
"Cloud: holding Aerith's lifeless body tightly in his arms"

Omega Page 151, the marked tidbit explaining CS's last fortune telling.
The last fortune telling from Cat Sith No. 1.
After solving the puzzle about Cat Sith's replaceable body, he tells one last fortune of Cloud and Aerith's affinity.

The result of it turns out "Aerith-san's star and Cloud-san's star! They promise a great future!" After that, it will become a sad prediction if we get to know what would happen afterward. But if we can catch the meaning of the "future" from another angle, we can see hope.....perhaps.
Caption:
Cat Sith's lines which seem to expect Cloud and Aerith's wedding now makes it more painful.

Last edited:
Sky & Earth's Library

2lupb46.jpg

Title: Seven
By: arcanioque
Rating: T
Summary: They had kissed, quite a few times.

Summary: Cloud teaches Aerith how to play the game of pool.

Summary: Aerith isn't really fond of mornings... especially when it means waking up and leaving Cloud's arms.

Summary: Aerith has a special day with Cloud...

Summary: Aeris sleepwalking leads her into an embarassing situation...Cloud's there though.

Summary: I start to blush... two moments set in game when both Cloud and Aerith go through a blushing moment.

Summary: Cloud and Aerith visit a Carnival all to themselves...

Summary: A depressing Zack/Aerith short fic. Zack/Aerith Zack/Cissnei hint of Cloud x Aerith.

Summary: An in game fic that takes place directly before the Temple of The Ancients

Summary: Inspired by a CloudxAerith pic I decided to write this in-game fanfic where Avalanche stops at a field to rest for a while. This is kinda fluffy, but has some cuss words.

Summary: A one shot of Aerith's death. I tried to go more in depth with what Cloud was feeling during all this.

Summary: A Clouderith oneshot. Cloud asks Aerith a very important question.

Summary: N/A

5yb7l.jpg

Title: The Date
By: The Flower Girl
Rating: M
Summary: Cloud/Aeris, in the gondola. An obvious missing scene of sorts.

Summary: Aerith ressurects herself but what she doesnt know everything has a price.

Summary: Aerith wants to be sexy. She asks her best friends to help her on this journey.
Will Aerith finally be seen as sexy? Or will she be stuck with the innocent card forever?

Summary: Aerith comes to Cloud's room with things on her mind.

Summary: Aerith pays Cloud a visit from the afterlife.

Summary:Cloud comes to Aeris’ room, needing something from her. Her conscience is clear but his is another matter.

Summary: Aerith says Cloud needs to relax once in a while, an innocent massage turns to something far more... Which leads to an interruption.

Summary: Aerith says Cloud needs to relax once in a while, an innocent massage turns to something far more...

Summary:After the Gold Saucer date, Cloud decides to pay Aerith a visit to her bedroom...

Last edited:
Back