A sequel that's a prequel?

darkmast508

cloud lover & cid fan
Gil
Hey, I was thinking of making a game that places you as one of the last Cetra (No, not Aerith. Ancient times.) trying to survive against whatever Jenova has unleashed. what do you think of this short snippet of an idea?

I don't think it's too far off, seeing as that SquareEnix has basically whored this game to smithereens. I can see this happening in the future. =]

I think we should make a petition that says: PLEASE NO MORE!!!! and send it to SE.

the game has had way too much done about it already, stop tearing the excellent story apart before you realise there's nothing left.

Yeah, but, I've noticed that they barely scratch the surface about the Cetra.

Alright, yeah, we don't want Square to be whoring out FFVII and such, but can guys be a little more elaborate in your posts? This topic is getting to be too spammy. This is just a small warning.

Thank you

Thanks Cerridwen, I was getting fed up of "Don't Wh0re this game 2 much or it will get boring."

SE wouldn't take that route. The story you're suggesting doesn't have the appropriate market value to be produced.

I agree with Juneau. Petitions are the way to go. To date, I think there's been;
Final Fantasy 7: AC
Final Fantasy 7: CC
Final Fantasy 7: BC (Japan Mobile)
Final Fantasy 7: Snowboarding (Japan Mobile)
And there's Chocobo Racing, which was released about 3 minutes before FFVIII. But that's just a general spin-off.

It is getting abit ridiculous, I don't know what's coming out on what platform, wether it will be released over here, then am I gunna be dissapointed in it? I really don't think there should be any more sequels or prequels (though I wouldn't argue with a remake ;) )

Final Fantasy 7: AC
Final Fantasy 7: CC
Final Fantasy 7: BC (Japan Mobile)
Final Fantasy 7: Snowboarding (Japan Mobile)

Dirge of Cerberus too.

Ok I will elaborate a bit.

Fist if they do make another sequel, why can't it be a sequel/ prequel to some other FF game.
It's like the other game aren't forth it. I know some people don't want to see more spin offs of any FF, but personally I wouldn't mind a prequel to say FFVIII or maybe FFVI. Just my thoughts :)

AC: Kicked ass
BC: Never played
CC: Cant wait for
DC: Sucked
FFVII: Best of them all.

This new game idea of yours may work. But SqEnix is runnin out of crap to play on. FFVII is the best FF of them all in my book. But they are putting way to much strain on the game itself.

I mean there could be a possible 26 games. One for each letter of the Alphabet.

I did hear of something called Eturnal Crisis. But I heard of it once or twice. I havent seen anything about it since. So if it was gonna happen I guess they scrapped the project.

In response to darmast508's post
SE wouldn't take that route
Yes they would, they have 'whored' every possibility of FFVII they can think of so far and will continue to till every bit of cash is drained from it. Square Enix are not preserving the FFVII story. They are exploiting it!!!!

It would definitely give us more ideas about the Cetra's backgrounds, but I honestly think it's not necessary. I'm fine with how everything turned out. A little bit of detail here and there, not so much to this and that, etc. I mean, the only thing they can really do is explain the backstory of the Cetra...but making another game based solely on that? That's a little too much (not to mention pointless), don't you think?

...Not even going to the whole SE whoring FF games...

Last edited:
Back