FFX: Breaking Taboos

Saga

ice ice baby
Veteran
Gil
KAIYA

The sun beat its gentle morning light down upon the small hut of one Kaiya Iscariot. Laying atop the thin blankets that covered her bed, the young girl stared at the bowl of rich purple dye sat on the table before her. She was known in Besaid for what she was; a young Al Bhed girl who had come to the village a few years ago and started a new life. Kaiya, however, was so much more. From this day forward, she would become a summoner. Yet... as much as she would liked to have taken that role as Kaiya... she would have to take on a new identity. She had named this new person "Akemi". Kaiya smiled, her emerald eyes dancing, spiralling pupils fixed upon the flap that served as the door into her home.

Akemi the Summoner. Kaiya was both nervous and excited. Miku would be here soon to help her dye her hair. The silky kimono she would soon wear lay over a chair near her bed. A long pole like weapon leant against the same chair. Everything was ready. As soon as her hair was done and dried, she and her Guardian, Miku, would enter the temple. They would have to carefully conceal leaving the hut. The less attention they drew before they got to the temple the better. That was the part that scared her the most. If they were noticed leaving Kaiya's hut... that was it.

Yet she could not let her nerves get the better of her. Biting her lip anxiously, she watched the hut door, waiting for Miku to appear.

The dingos growled at the man, who was unsheathing his sword. The sword was massive, though the man held it as if he was used to all his life. The greatsword got all the way through, and was then held diagonal across his body. Vincent Crimsonscar, war veteran of the Sin battles, counted his enemies in less then a second. 3 dingos vs. him, his blade, and his abilities. Poor, poor dingos.

One of the dingos growled and lunged at Vincent, who caught the beast's fangs with a quick parry before tossing the beast to the ground and slashing it in half with a massive overhead swing. He then had to dodge back from a strike from the second one, while the third was circling to his side. "Not good..." Vincent muttered, attempting to back away and keep his vision both at once.

The dingo lunged again, and this time caught Vincent's leg. Vincent, felt the pain, but with a massive amount of effort he cut off the dingo's head and let it's lifeless jaws release his leg before falling to the ground on one knee, shouldering his blade. The third dingo was running away, thankfully. Vincent tenderly felt his shin and winced. "Damn... that hurt..." He carefully took out a piece of scrap cloth and bound it tightly around his shin, stopping the blood flow and clenching his teeth as the cloth gripped his wound harshly.

Vincent stood, keeping most of his weight on his uninjured leg, the right one, and sheathed his sword. "Well, that'll keep them back for a time." He then began to walk/limp his way back to the village.

As the light that filtered through the roof of the hut illuminated the room Miku leapt out of her bed. The nervous energy that had awoken her an hour before finally had an outlet. Miku whizzed around the room gathering everything she thought she would need for the cloister of trials. The rest of her stuff she packed into a bag that she would get when they returned from the temple.
Miku wolfed down some left overs from the previous night and then set off for Kaiya's hut.

Miku travelled the distance quickly. She didn't particularly want to be seen by anyone and luckily it was too early for most of the villagers to be up. It wouldn't be too bad if she were seen entering the hut; nevertheless, she would prefer it if they didn't. Before entering the hut, she looked around her, to her relief she saw no one. She sprang into the hut and almost collided with Kaiya, only just managing to avoid her.

"Hiya Kaiya. Are you sure you don't want to be a brunette? I think a dark brown would suit a summoner."

Kaiya smiled and shook her head.

"Alright, purple it is. Come on then let's get started."

As Miku helped Kaiya dye her hair they talked to help pass the time. Miku stopped paying attention to the conversation for a moment to consider Kaiya's hair, it had quite a few split ends, but it was quite silky and smooth. But not as nice as mine, Miku thought.
Miku looked around for somewhere to clean the dye off her hands, she saw some water in the sink and cleaned her hands off in that. After the dye had come off her hands she wiped them dry on a conveniently placed towel just to the left of the sink. Whilst Miku had been doing that, Kaiya had dried her hair and was ready to go.

"Wait here Kaiya, I'll see if it's safe for you to come out."

Miku strolled out of the hut and looked around. Although it was later than before there was still no one around.
She called out to Kaiya,

"You can come out now."

Last edited:
Derrin looked out into the sunrise out in the Pier of Luca. He was starting to pack for his journey to find his master, Auron, who disappeared a Decade Ago to parts unknown. The calm sea breeze hit the young ronin's face and the smell was of the salty sea. After the Blitzball tournament, he would leave the seaside port and head deeper into the Spiran Mainland to begin his search anyway.

Getting up, he started walking towards the bar to get himself a drink, to at least get the usual. for Derrin, this was the common place he'd go to, buy himself one or two drinks, then practice his skills against monsters in the Mi'hen Highroad. Today would probably be no different.

Morning on Mount Gagazet:
Inveress swings the massive Spear of Ages in an arc, catching several Grenades off guard. Laughing, he yells out "Lead me to the real beast, you Charlatans!" He follows them toward a cave, and disappears inside.
A light shines inside the cave, and a tumult the likes of which have not rocked Gagazet in years explodes from within. But who has won this battle?
Who has the strength to return victorious.
Only the summoner will know. Only those she is with will see.
Hurry summoner, hurry.

OOC: hope it's okay if i incorporate the origonal Cast in my post, it's only Wakka as i figure i will be an Auroch until the Tournament in Luca.

Standing on the beach of besaid, Stephen gazed out over the Ocean, he had a Blitzball in his hand, he glanced back at the rest of the Auroch's stood behind him "you guys are serious aint you?" Stephen questioned as he turned to face them "yea, we are" replied Botta, "yup, completely Serious ya know" added Wakka Stephen smiled as hestrode over to them "well, i suppose i can put off my retirement for one last tournament" Stephen informed them.

"But on one condition" Stephen began Explaining "This year we win, this year we hammer the Luca goers and take home the cup okay" Stephen announced "so lets DO THIS!!"

Choosing a scarlet dress as bright as a raging fire, Ariadne Kazami clicked theblue sholder clasp and golden waist clasp tight. She let her chocolate brown hair stay loose, the complex hairband on her head keeping it in place. It was of Al Bhed design, and although Ariadne was not an Al Bhed, it fitted the purpose, so she wore it. It was a complex, electric blue material, a thin flower bonding the two ghalves and connecting to a second, golden hair band, laced with sapphire blue and tiny spheres of crimson. The golden material stretched out of her hair and into the air, like a blooming flower.

Dressed, she selected a long staff , studded with emeralds, the head made of silver formed into a circular symbol, the hilt rose pink..

Hunting time.

After his 'pep talk' to the Aurochs Stephen looked at Wakka "hey, I'm going to head back to Village" he informed him "Don't worry about my training, im a good enough player, just get these guys into shape" he asked politely causing wakka to smile "I will do ya" he replied as he saw Stephen turn and jog off towards town.

at a gentle jog Stephen was happily making his way back to town when he saw a Helm and Zu charging towards him, Stephen smiled at this and sped up, turning his jog into a sprint, as hegot closer he jumped, slammed his right foot on the Helms head and kicked off upwards, he when up and over the Zu, and as he touched down with his feet he rolled forward, getting back to his feet at the end of the roll and continued running.

"Lyrian sign my Blitzball"
"Lyrian can I have an autograph for my friend, and another one for me!!"

Lyrian Arces, star player of the blitzball championship winning Luca Goers was popular as usual outside the stadium, after bringing the cup home for his team the year before with an outstanding last minute goal he had become not only the new team captain, but a favourite of Blitzball fans everywhere, Goers supporters or not.

Lyrian looked at the crowd spread before him and flexed his hand, making sure the man following him had at least a couple of spare pens, he only wanted to go from his hotel to the training pool in order to make sure he was ready for the upcoming game, did he REALLY have to cope with thisevery time he wanted to move around outside.

Then again the alternative was to be left alone with his thoughts, and he knew that was not what he wanted. Since Sin's minions had taken his family away from him he had spent every moment he could training to be a Blitzball player for his home team, the Luca Goers, and when he was successful said it was in honour of the memories of his wife and child.

So he continued to play the sport, becoming one of Spira's best known and most successful players, and now, he thought, "look what I get to wake up t every morning"

He finished making his way through the crowd and climbed the steps to the stadium where he was going to train before turning to the audience and taking a deep bow.

"It's good to know I have so many great fans, and i hope to see you all at the next game!"

With that he headed inside and began training....

From the sandy Citadel of Home, Hiran Iscariot saw on all fours, crawling over to a fiend, trying to sneak up on it before it discovered him. Fiends had a line and this fellow had crossed it, entering into Home Territory.

Motioning his hand to his friend, Ayre Kinesis he whispered to him in Al Bhed "Yona! Drana ed ec! Mad sa chayg ib uh ed yht dyga lyna uv ed. E fuh'd haat ramb vun drec faygmehk!"

Slowly crawling around a nearby dune Hiran approached the fiend, a baby Zu, hardly a threat at it's age. pouncing down on the Zu Hiran drew one of his pistols and fired at the baby. As the baby died it let out a death scream, ear piercing as it dissolved into pyreflies. Landing on the ground, Hiran looked up to Ayre with his pistol on his right shoulder "Caa? Hudrehk du ed!"

Almost in response to this, Hiran was quickly surrounded by 3 adult Zus, pulling out his second pistol he pointed them at different Zus, trying to defend himself when the 3 Zus' wings began to glow "Ur... Cred"

KAIYA

Styling her now purple hair, Kaiya smiled softly. So far, so good. Changing into her new summoner garb, she smoothed out the creased, pulled her hair away from her face and left her fringe to cover her eyes enough that the spiraling pupils and emerald green of them was not noticeable. Upon hearing the all clear from Miku, Kaiya moved out of the hut.

"Miku, my name is Akemi from now on," she said in a barely audible whisper that was meant for her guardians' ears only. "I just hope this works..." she said even quieter, chewing her lip thoughtfully.

Walking gracefully into the center of the village, Akemi took measured steps towards the stairs leading up to the temple. Her stomach was in knots. What if they were caught? Fiddling with her staff like weapon, the young summoner took a deep breath. Stopping before the doors, a small smile lit up her face.

The old man by the door looked her over, his wise eyes twinkling as they met hers. For one brief second, Akemi's heart stopped in her chest. But he did not keep the eye contact for long. With a respectful inclination of his head, the old man spoke.

"Welcome, Summoner, to the Temple of Besaid."

OOC: Sorry that I was late. T-T
---
"And next time don't bother theese people with your nonsence scam."

A man was lying on the ground with a scared look on his face. It seemed that many people was looking towards that man. A woman was seen standing over him with a angry look. Her red scarlet hair was blowing in the wind and her green emerald eyes where almost shining like a gemstone. The man started to crawl away and threw a bag of Gil next to her feet.

"I..I..I'm sorry ma'am."

The woman bent down and picked up the bag of Gil and turned to and elderly couple and placed it in their hands with a caring smile.

"Here you go. I am sorry for what he tried to do. He and a few others have been trying to scam kind elderly people."

The elderly couple looked at her, being uthermost greatful for her deeds they gave her a few Gil as a reward. Taking them as it would be rude to not take a small gift of a few Gil she smiled and walked away from them.

"What is your name?"

The elderly couple asked as the woman was walking. She turned around with a embarrased look on her face as she never actually said her name.

"It's Maylene, Maylene Morcan."

She then walked towards the Luca Docks to get a good view on the sea. She always seemed to enjoy the view of the sea as it made her think of traveling. She seemed like the thought of travel alot due to her never being able to go further then the Mi'hen Highroad. She then looked at her right hand that she used to beat the guy that tried to scam the nice old couple as her wrist was red and swollen.

"Gah.. all this training with my rods have made my fists weak."

She sighed quietly and placed herself next to a wall with her head resting against it looking at the boats and the sea.

"Yona! Drana ed ec! Mad sa chayg ib uh ed yht dyga lyna uv ed. E fuh'd haat ramb vun drec faygmehk!"

Ayre considered relaying the old cliché about Mama Zuus and Baby Zuus. But, of course, this was Hiran he was with. And Hiran had a tendency to not listen. So Ayre waited and watched as his friend approached the bird and dispatched it.

"Caa? Hudrehk du ed!"

Ayre gave a wry grin. He wasn't looking at Hiran, but directly behind the gunman, where he could see the three Zuus materializing from the desert dunes.

"Ur... Cred"

Ayre calmly drew his bow and nocked an arrow. "Uha uv draca tyoc, Hiran. Uha uv draca tyoc oui femm maynh du vekrd fedr ouin seht yc famm yc oui vekrd fedr ouin becdumc." Ayre assessed the situation quickly. The two of them would not be able to fight three Zuus on their own, especially considering the Zuus had the jump on them. Making up his mind, he unnocked the arrow and threw it point down into the sand so the shaft stuck up within reach. He did the same with a second arrow, then drew a third, which he nocked.

"Uh so syng, fa clyddan yht cabynyda dras. Dra uha fru tnyfc dfu Zuus yjuetc draen yddylgc ihdem dra uha fru kadc uha tecbydlrac uv dra veaht yht nadinhc du ramb." Ayre fired an arrow at the first Zuu. In a twinkling, he grabbed one of the arrows in the sand, nocked it, and fired at the second aerial fiend, then the third. All three struck the Zuus in their shoulder areas with preternatural accuracy. Then Ayre shouted "SYNG!" and ran as quick as he could through the sands to his right.

He could only hope two Zuus followed him. If they went after Hiran, he couldn't be sure that the gunner wouldn't turn and fight them both before Ayre dispatched of his fiend.

After finishing his drink, Derrin paid the bartender 20 Gil for it. The bartender responded by saying, "Thank you, come again." before Derrin walked out.

On the way to Mi'hen Highroad, he came across the Docks where he would meditate in the mornings, on the way he saw a woman with red hair and emerald eyes. Derrin noticed her for a second before walking off to the Highroad.

Heading up the stairs and into the Highroad, he was going to at least fight a few fiends before heading back.

Lyrian spent most of his practice time passing and shooting at goal with his team. He was impressed with the improvments the team had made over recent days and praised them repeatedly throughout the session.

"Well done guys! We know that cup is ours this year!"

As Lyrian left the artificially suspended water he headed towards the stadium entrance. Every time he practiced he felt that unusual sensation of not actually being wet after getting out. Before he had reached the entrance and the few hardcore fans who were still waiting outside he decided he would go down to the beach next to the docks, and go for a swim.

After getting past the few fans by signing whatever they thrust at him he walked through the streets for several minutes waving to excited groups of people and allowing others to have photos. The route he took was not a long one and before he knew it he had reached the beach.

He took his shoes off and threw them on the ground before wading into the sea. He got in to his waist before turning to look at the shore. He noticed a woman with unusually red hair standing on the dock apparently examining her hand, however this was no time to get into an awkward or unneccessary conversation, he was here to swim and relax, clear his mind for the upcoming game and go over a few strategies, whilst ejoying the feel of the water.

With that he lay back in the ocean swell and allowed his mind to wander...

As Stephen reached the village, he looked around and saw a new summoner heading for the Temple. "Hmmmmm??" he muttered to himself as he walked to the center of the village. "a new summoner, thats strange" he muttered to himself before shaking his head "ah screw it" Stephen muttered before heading to the crusaders tent, where he spent most of his free time, lying on the bed he owns inside.

As he was lay perfectly Still, Stephen was lost in thought about the up comming Blitzball tournament, it was only his second since he became captain of the Aurochs, and it was also going to be his last, wow it sucked for the rest of the guys, and Stephen hated the fact that he was leaving them, but he had to, it was his time to leave the game and search for something else to do with his life.

"Miku, my name is Akemi from now on,"

"Okay... Akemi."

Miku stood still as Kaiya started walking towards the temple. After a couple of steps Miku began to follow after her, her arms loosely crossed and her shoulders back, pacing slowly without using any energy.

When Kaiya arrived at the temple and the man came up to her, Miku stood a couple of steps behind Kaiya and slightly to her right, so that if something were to go wrong she could skewer the old man with one of her swords. Her arms were uncrossed now, her right hand was by her right hip, it was resting ever so slightly on the handle of her blade. Her left hand was behind her head as she tried to look as innocent as possible.

After a couple of seconds of nervousness, the man said,

"Welcome, Summoner, to the Temple of Besaid."

Miku took a step closer and said to Kaiya,

"Come on Akemi, let's go."

"Come on Akemi, let's go."

Kaiya nodded, striding into the temple at a respectively slow pace so as not to seem in a rush. Upon approaching the stairs leading up, the summoner paused for a moment. Gathering herself, the girl took the steps one at a time, safe in the knowledge that her Guardian would not be far behind her. The guards at the top of the stairs parted, allowing Kaiya to enter the first rooom of the Cloister of Trials.

Staring at the wall for a moment, Kaiya finally moved towards it and reached out one hand. Touching her palm to the glyph that was etched upon the wall, recoiling slightly as light reverberated outwards from it. She then moved to the right and touched her hand to the similiar glyph that glowed there. As the wall vanished, revealing a set of steps leading downwards, Kaiya turned to face her Guardian.

"I guess this is where the fun starts."

With a small smile, the summoner moved down the stairs until she came across a recess in the wall with a sphere sitting within it. Removing it, she hefted it lightly in her hand.

"Probably going to need this..."

(I'm a bit rusty on the layout of the temples, so bear with me. >.<)

Stephen was stood in the center of town, looking around, he saw a couple of crusaders Striding over to him. "ahhh crap" Stephen muttered as he looked at his hands, his gloves were on, and they were tightened "perfect" he announced, as he cracked his knuckles. Nodding he smiled "gentlemen" he announced as his hands tightened into fists.

"Hownam" the leader announced as he reached for his sword "listen, we are sick of having you in our village, and now that you are quitting the Aurochs, we don't need you here, you will be leaving on the Boat tomorrow" he added "are you three goons gonna make me?" the two in the back pulled there swords "were taking him down" one of them announced as the two men charged "no don't" the leader announced but it was to late.

Stephen leant backwards as the first swung his sword avoiding the attack he then palmed the blade upwards and slammed the side of his palm into the man's throat, knocking him down to one knee who was heaving trying to catch his breath. Stephen then turned to the other man who launched his spear towards Stephen in a lunge, Stephen parried the attack and spun a couple of times putting him up close to the second man, Bringing his knee up violently into the man's Stomach, taking him off his feet. The man slammed to the floor and couldn't move.

Stephen turned to face the leader "wanna go?" the leader drew his sword and attacked with a vertically downwards over his head towards Stephen, Stephen slammed his two hands together, catching the blade between his palms. Stephen smiled as both of his arms tensed up and the sword began to bend and after a couple of seconds the blade snapped. Stephen then grabbed the man with both of his hands and head-butted him knocking him out.

Stephen looked at the three men rolling around on the floor in agony. "to easy" Stephen announced before Striding off towards the temple.

The first pair of fiends approaches in Derrin's direction. a pair of Dual Horns. Drawing one of his swords and getting into a Battle Stance, the closest Dual Horn charged at the Samurai, ready to Gore him. Derrin moved away as soon as the Dual Horn was about to knock him upwards, the second he sidestepped, Derrin quickly stabbed his blade through the thick skin of the fiend, and letting momentum deal the rest of the damage for him.

While he saw the first fiend go down and burst into pyreflies, he turned his attention to the second Dual Horn, which came out of nowhere and clawed him in free arm. In retaliation, Derrin brought the katana down on the Dual Horn, piercing it's tough armor and into the brain. The Fiend instantly burst into pyreflies as Derrin put's the katana back in his sheath and examined his bloodied arm.

"Looks like it's time to head back." Derrin thought, and that is what he did.

Back