[17/01] Japan ranks their favorite female characters from the Final Fantasy series

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am appalled that Larsa did not make it onto this list. She was my favorite female character. :sad3:

Its just a sad pixel wank fest poll for men in japan.

Allow me to correct myself. Its a big sad wank fest for sad men all over the world. Not just Japan.

Now if youl excuse me i have a date with Rikku from ffX and some tentacles.

Serioulsy people that under watter battle isnae easy

I am appalled that Larsa did not make it onto this list. She was my favorite female character. :sad3:

Larsa was male. ;) I made the very same mistake until I read up on his character.

I'm not too surprised by the list either, although I would not place Lightning near the top! :gasp: I personally feel Garnet and Rosa are too far down the list. Both of those ladies are complex characters. Garnet is particularly strong; she's vulnerable, but she overcomes adversity, several times!

I would also place Serah further up. :lew: And what about Beatrix? :sad3:

Allow me to correct myself. Its a big sad wank fest for sad men all over the world. Not just Japan.

haters gonna hate :ahmed:

Larsa was male. ;) I made the very same mistake until I read up on his character.

i'm pretty sure addle was joking, but could you imagine how embarassing that would be

it's just like "man i have to get me some rule 34 of that cute larsa girl"

and then

WHAT THE FUCK, DICKS EVERYWHERE!!! Y U SO FUTA?! Why would you put dicks on every picture of such a cute girl? Unless....

ejzuyc.png

A disgrace that she's in that first spot. She'd be lucky to make my top 10.

And how Serah is above characters like Garnet & Rinoa blows me away. Rosa 17? Really?!

Go home Japan, you're drunk. :|

My Mom nicknamed Larsa "It" because we weren't sure if he was a boy or a girl! XD

Anyway, I don't find lightning that.... Attractive. I do like Garnet and think she should be higher on the list. My personal favorite FF chick is Tifa, so of course I'm gonna say she should be number 1. But Ehh, who cares. I guess people like lightning alot.

I'm glad to see Ashe up there, as modestly placed as she is. I think it's a shame. There is so much more I can talk about for Ashe than I can for "Call me Light", and Ashe is significantly better written.

Team Ashe is recruiting.

YES! Let's start an Ashe group in the clubs!

It is interesting to me how I keep on being drawn back to Final Fantasy XII, after initially putting it down and moving on to other FF titles before coming back to it. Yes, it may be a lot more gameplay than story, but that's not to say that there's no story. There's just a freaking ton of gameplay! And all of it is, in my opinion, excellently done. And the more I go back and replay parts of XII, the more I come to appreciate Ashe as the central piece of the gameplay and story alike. Her character may not be as obvious as, say, Lightning or Yuna (basically two opposite extremes) but part of me likes her the better for it. Ashe is balanced more like a real person. It may not be as immediately emotionally enticing as a more obvious character, but in the long run it makes her much more likeable overall IMO.

Yeah, looking back over the list...Ashe should definitely have snagged one of the top three spots.

Like most people here, I'm surprised they put Lightning as #1 . If anything that rank should go to either Aerith or Yuna in my opinion anyways. Another thing I'm also surprised at is how low Terra is on these rankings. She's at least top 3 in my opinion, especially considering she's the first female protagonist of the Final Fantasy series. It's too bad to see there was no love for Lenna, or Krile, but it's nice to see Faris cracking the top 10.

Oh c'mon guys, have a little love for FFXIII and Lightning. :inlove: Afterall, once upon a time we were all: OMGZ-MY-COPY-ARRIVED

That said...I would've placed Garnet, Yuna, and Tifa in my Top 3.

Mitsuki: "Oh c'mon guys, have a little love for FFXIII and Lightning. :inlove: Afterall, once upon a time we were all: OMGZ-MY-COPY-ARRIVED "

Yeah~... then we played it. :dry:

Then they added a sequel that they themselves asked for.. Now they're adding another which, yet again, they themselves have asked for.

And now they're in a situation where there's no Type-0 localization, no Bravely Default localization, no plans for a Kingdom Hearts+ 1.5 HD collection localization, nothing on FFX HD and definitely nothing on the now 7 year absent Versus XIII.

But it's all good because we have the butch Lightning to play with yet again and a shoddy, money-making ploy in FF: All the Bravest where they've butchered the classic FF style and turned it's game play into a swipe-fest.

---- Sorry, rant over. :olivia:

But to get back on topic, this poll annoys me.. I wish it looked more like this:

1. Tifa

2. Yuna

3. Rosa

4. Garnet

5. Rinoa

6. Terra

7. Lulu

8. Raine

9. Rydia

10. Lightning~ ( What? <.< )

Oh c'mon guys, have a little love for FFXIII and Lightning. :inlove: Afterall, once upon a time we were all: OMGZ-MY-COPY-ARRIVED
That was cruel and unusual trolling, Mits. Nicely done :awesome:

Anyways, interesting, and stuff. This is Japan, where little girls are dressed up like grown women, and effeminate men are dressed up like little girls. You were all expecting a different outcome...why, exactly? To be honest, I'd be more disturbed if Lightning didn't win, because Square Enix are one step away from erecting a solid gold statue of her outside their main offices...in fact, I expect the only reason they don't is so that Toriyama doesn't create a public scandal by riding on it every morning before work...assuming he still works there. He DOES still work there, right?

Lightning is, like, the Lady Gaga of Square Enix. We're one step away from song parodies and breakfast cereals (or not, if you ever read my script, which has her singing Disney songs...or will do, if I ever finish it) so it's not surprising she got more PR from an obviously rigged poll she probably shouldn't even have been in, given that she has testosterone levels that would put the whole cast of DBZ to shame - which is why there is another film coming, in case you were wondering - and has the personality of a spoon. Hope has the personality of a dish, just in case you were thinking "But the dish ran away with the spoon!" which I am sure you were.

Invalid results. Next!

Lightning is, like, the Lady Gaga of Square Enix. We're one step away from song parodies and breakfast cereals (or not, if you ever read my script, which has her singing Disney songs...or will do, if I ever finish it) so it's not surprising she got more PR from an obviously rigged poll she probably shouldn't even have been in, given that she has testosterone levels that would put the whole cast of DBZ to shame - which is why there is another film coming, in case you were wondering - and has the personality of a spoon. Hope has the personality of a dish, just in case you were thinking "But the dish ran away with the spoon!" which I am sure you were.

Invalid results. Next!

Haters gonna hate :trollita:

Mod edit: @Artemisia
Hi there, I just want to remind you that short posts that do not contribute to the thread can be considered as spam. It is okay to debate as long as you remain on-topic and that your points are well elaborated and polite. Thanks for your cooperation =) @Lumina
I would appreciate it if you do not reply harshly. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmm the only way this would make sense is if in this poll only owners that registered their FFXIII or XIII-2 copy would be allowed to vote, that or Toriyama has multiple accounts (Or Godly privileges that allow him to vote at many times as he wants) otherwise JP is crazy no wonder Toriyama still has a Job.

My im surprised more in the FF males poll with Bartz beating Cecil of FF4 and getting N°5 there but in a good way, however Noctis at first? Seryously?

@C i d - I probably wouldn't have even noticed that if you hadn't drawn my attention to it. Stop starting fires and then putting them out before they've had a chance to get started, it's not fair :hmph:

Artemisia said:
Haters gonna hate :trollita:
5pQB3CX.gif

[That's the nice version of my reaction to your...lackluster post. Use your imagination for the proper version. Or PM me; I'll be more than happy to give it to you in private; I'm sure you'd enjoy it~]

Anyways, back on topic...

I wonder how they went about gathering the data for this...assuming, of course, that they bothered. Pretty big assumption, but there we go. One has to wonder HOW you get results like this, if they're real.

I also wonder what the results would be if they tried it in Western territories. I'd like to say I think we have a little more sense than the Japanese do when it comes to popularity contests, but we give perfect scores to things like Call of Duty in our media, so who am I kidding there? Still, I doubt the shemale to end all shemales would actually win a poll here...mostly because marketing for her hasn't involved excess amounts of cosplay or long TV commercials telling us how wonderful FFXIII is. I think Western TV learned the hard way after that awful My Hands advert for FFXIII...

Hi there, I just want to remind you that short posts that do not contribute to the thread can be considered as spam. It is okay to debate as long as you remain on-topic and that your points are well elaborated and polite. Thanks for your cooperation =) @Lumina
I would appreciate it if you do not reply harshly. Thanks!

Apologies, I should have elaborated on why I posted that, but I was squeezing it into the last minute of my lunch break, forgive me.

[That's the nice version of my reaction to your...lackluster post. Use your imagination for the proper version. Or PM me; I'll be more than happy to give it to you in private; I'm sure you'd enjoy it~]

No need to take offense, I was not targeting your opinion of Lightning, in fact I share many of your sentiments...The attitude of Square Enix seems to be "haters gonna hate" when it comes to Lightning. They love her and want the world to know that they love her, regardless of how fans may feel. They made a similar fuss over Cloud with the FFVII compilation. The love of Lightning seems to be a residual carry-over from the Cloud-loving a couple of years back, seeing as though she was designed to be his female counterpart.

No need to take offense, I was not targeting your opinion of Lightning, in fact I share many of your sentiments...The attitude of Square Enix seems to be "haters gonna hate" when it comes to Lightning. They love her and want the world to know that they love her, regardless of how fans may feel.

This so much ^

It's like. We love Lightning and if you don't then... tough shit.
:jtc:

Okay, I know I'm late but... Lightning was ranked #1 ? o_O; Definitely seems like a ploy to justify FFXIII:LR. >.> Also, I'm a little upset that Rikku is only #13, but she's more of a supporting character than a lead female, so it makes sense I suppose.

Glad to see my other favs in the top 5 and top 10! (#4 Tifa, #7 Serah, #8 Garnet). I would've loved to take part in this voting, but I don't live in Japan. >.>;

I'd love to see a U.S. or EUR version of this poll! xD See how skewed it might be! (ex. Lightning - #deadlast , lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back