What are you currently reading?

Howl

Co___okies!!!
Veteran
Gil
I did a forum search, and realized that this thread (supposedly) doesn't exist yet. If a moderator could (pweeease) pin this...

Just as the thread title says...

What book are you currently reading?
What's the last book you finished reading?
What's books do you plan on reading?

Currently reading:

Beowulf
I tried reading this book when I was younger, but it was much harder to understand (since I wasn't into Norse mythology back then). I'm really enjoying the gothic/morbid setting of this book.

Last book I read:
Jurrasic Park
A friend recommended that I read this book. I'm not usually into science fiction, but this was a great book; maybe better than the movie.

Plan on reading:
Kushiel's Dart
I always seem to run across this book in the fantasy section at barnes and noble. I've seen this book laying on the shelf for the last 5 years, so I finally just decided to pick it up. It's taken me so long to give in and purchase this book that the author has already written two sequel books. XD

I'm currently reading he secret hour.

Really good book, but i'm slightly pissed off with it coz it has missed out on soooooo many commas. But other than that, really good

Currently Reading - My Swordhand Is Singing. By Marcus Sedgwick. It's quite an interesting book, despite the fact i've not read much yet, i can tell it's gonna be really, really dark.

Last book i read - Hobsons choice, it was for school, and i think it is officially the most boring book alive. Plus points though, as the retard english teacher actually let us read it ourselves instead of reading it to us.

Next book i plan on reading - I'll probably reread Harry Potter 7, as i need to refresh my memory on it. Then i'll probably read the series in reverse order xD

I have never really gotten into the Harry Potter books. I would probably love them, but I've never been tempted enough to pick up the entire collection. So far, I've only read book 1. XD

@ Darkstar
I know what you mean. I'm not sure how some authors get away with it, but a lot of books that I've read have really screwy punctuation; sentences that run on for half a page and whatnot. =S

Currently reading - Bones To Ashes by Kathy Reichs. A crime fiction novel set in Canada, I'm debating wether to actually finish this book or not because it's peppered with French. Every chapter seems to contain at least 3 French words or phrases and it's very off-putting.

Last book I read - Dexter In The Dark by Jeff Lindsay. Another crime fiction novel, you've probably seen the show Dexter on FX that was an adaptation of Jeff Lindsay's Dexter series. The books are very well written and the Dexter character is pretty amusing at times.

Plan on reading - The Skein Of Lament by Chris Wooding. I've read a few chapters but I got distracted by the above crime fiction novels. The Skein Of Lament is the second part of a fantasy trilogy called The Braided Path written by Chris Wooding. They're great books and very well written, Wooding's very extensive vocabulary mixed with his vivid imagination really sucks you in.

What book are you currently reading?
Eldest. Only read really when im bored so ive been at this for about 6 months and im on the 122nd page :D
What's the last book you finished reading?

Eragon lol about a year ago :D
What's books do you plan on reading?

I plan on reading a book thats about Fantasy. I would hope to find a good one soon :D

I read books about ten at a time.

Right now I am reading - The Color Purple, Slam, High Fidelity, The Lovely Bones, Memoirs of a Geisha, Anita and Me, and some others =P

Currently finished reading In the Forest by Edna O'Brien, had to for English. >_<

Want to read - The Bell Jar

Currently reading:

Beowulf

Beowulf is a great read. I just started reading it again actually. XD

Last book I read:
Jurrasic Park

Another great read. And yes, I thought it was much better than the movie (loved the movie though). I also recommend Timeline and Prey, two other books by Michael Crichton. Oh, and Eaters of the Dead/The Thirteenth Warrior, which is actually a retelling of Beowulf.

Currently Reading:
The Philosopher's Stone
I've recently become fascinated by Alchemy and I read that this was a good place to start. I'm only about a chapter into it but it's really interesting so far.

Last Read:
The Mists of Avalon
A retelling of the Arthurian legend but from the point of Morgaine le Fay. I really enjoyed this as I am very fascinated by druidry and myth.

Next Reading:
The Princess Bride
I've always loved the movie and I've wanted to read the book for a long time.

Wish granted. =)

Let's see...currently reading The Outsider. Something about the Amish culture. That really caught my eye when I saw it at a local public library since I've only came across one Amish family so far here in Ohio, and I think it's kinda interesting with how they live life.

Last book I read...was Elmo Says Achoo. That was last night, actually. xD My daughter loves Elmo...

Not sure what I plan to read. I usually go to the library and take my pick there. I don't have anything planned out for these sorta things.

Beowulf is a great read. I just started reading it again actually. XD

Another great read. And yes, I thought it was much better than the movie (loved the movie though). I also recommend Timeline and Prey, two other books by Michael Crichton. Oh, and Eaters of the Dead/The Thirteenth Warrior, which is actually a retelling of Beowulf.

I remember watching the movie The Thirteenth Warrior quite a while back. I love morbid/gothic movies like that. I never realized that it was a different interpretation of Beowulf though. o.0
Currently Reading:
The Philosopher's Stone
I've recently become fascinated by Alchemy and I read that this was a good place to start. I'm only about a chapter into it but it's really interesting so far.
I know you can't be talking about Harry Potter. XD
I love alchemy as well, especially when it's botched in with science fiction or fantasy. ^.^
Next Reading:
The Princess Bride
I've always loved the movie and I've wanted to read the book for a long time.
I almost bought this book a few weeks ago. Almost...but I didn't like the summary on the back. Maybe I should read it anyway. I've never seen the movie though. ^.^

Well, I'm starting to read the "Vampire Knight" manga series...

We're talking about real literature here, not "books" comprised of pictures and little speech bubbles.

I remember watching the movie The Thirteenth Warrior quite a while back. I love morbid/gothic movies like that. I never realized that it was a different interpretation of Beowulf though. o.0

Way to add something to the the topic. Beowulf isn't gothic, nor is it particularly morbid. As a matter of fact, the entire word "gothic" doesn't mean dark or mythical or anything in the first place. It's a type of architecture.

I almost bought this book a few weeks ago. Almost...but I didn't like the summary on the back. Maybe I should read it anyway. I've never seen the movie though. ^.^
Any reader knows you don't go by stuff on the back of the book, same goes for videogames and movies. The movie itself is great, the book is greater.

As for what I am currently reading, I've finally started on I Am Legend. I keep getting distracted, but I definitely plan on finishing it before I see the movie. Afterwards I plan to tackle The Odyssey.

Last edited:
Currently and about to finish Ian Irvine's Tetrarch for the second time, one of my favourite authors atm even if his last book was a bit poor. Bought his latest book the other day so will start that when I'm done with this one.

I'm reading Endimion the sequel to Hiperion. It's a sience fiction novel similar to star wars but more philosophical. If you have time read it.

666 Satan by Seishi Kishimoto again. So much better than Naruto... If Naruto were made by Seishi instead of Masashi, Naruto would already be certified classic, because Seishi knows the right way to develop his characters while still keeping tabs on villains and plot.

666 Satan by Seishi Kishimoto again. So much better than Naruto... If Naruto were made by Seishi instead of Masashi, Naruto would already be certified classic, because Seishi knows the right way to develop his characters while still keeping tabs on villains and plot.

*sigh*

A winrar is you! Again, we are talking about books here, not pretty pictures with speech bubbles.

I'm also trying to get through So, You Wanna Be a Pirate? Here's How! It's by the two guys who came up with Talk Like a Pirate Day (and they thought it up before PotC too).

I'm also on the first page of the book 'Chineese Cinderella' and it says there that it's a true story...

I consider Manga books, and they're published as books. :P

Also, I know a number that have better plots than some books I've read...

Also, currently reading 'The Gunslinger' by Stephen King.

I consider Manga books, and they're published as books. :P

We don't. And there's a completely separate board on here for animu/manga anyway.

Also, currently reading 'The Gunslinger' by Stephen King.

Shoulda put that instead. God, I just realized I have about three more Star Wars novels I have to read too. People do so much better with Star Wars when they control most of it and Lucas has limited say...I think I'm somewhere in the middle of one of Kevin J. Anderson's books, but I'll probably just start over on it. I finally finished a few chapters in I Am Legend today, so maybe I can start soon.

Back