[01/09] Guess what your NOT Seeing at Tokyo Game Show???

Status
Not open for further replies.
people are just hypocrites if you ask me. people complain about XIII's battle system and how they wanted it to be more like the traditional final fantasies. Yet Versus XIII's battle system is like kingdom hearts. doesn't make sense. seems like everyone just wants Versus because of way it looks without even knowing how it will turn out.

lmao you just explained yourself why ppl are looking forward to Versus.
Kingdom hearts has an existing popular battlesystem while FFXIII's battlesystem was new and wasnt well received by everyone.

Common sense. Hypocrits I dont think so. Ppl that look forward to Versus like innovation too GOOD innovations. FFXIII praisers should get it in their thick skulls that FFXIII universe has no good innovations. They are poorly executed and the universe LACKS a lot.

l

Common sense. Hypocrits I dont think so. Ppl that look forward to Versus like innovation too GOOD innovations. FFXIII praisers should get it in their thick skulls that FFXIII universe has no good innovations. They are poorly executed and the universe LACKS a lot.

I beg to differ. The combat system, cinematic action, graphics and other elements were great innovations! It's the story of XIII and XIII-2 that leave me yurning for versus. Versus to me, looks much cleaner cut, and very deep. I'm more excited to excited to explore the worlds and stories in Versus than anything. Hopefully it's story doesn't suffer as much as it's predecessors' did. :T

omg! i'm talking about people being hypocrites, whether the battle system in kh is popular or not. even if it is popular, but if it makes people like it the game because that reason alone, then it's stupid. people should like it for as a FINAL FANTASY game, not tied in with kingdom hearts.

I'm not trying to promote XIII, I've played final fantasy from IV (haven't played X-XII cuz i didn't have a ps2). So i can list plenty of reasons what other series has that makes them good on their own. I just don't like how everyone hates it and compares it to all the old ones (especially VII). It totally ruins the game for what it is.

And like what the dude above me said, there are good things about the game itself. but that all our individual opinion. whether we praise it or not.

This game really is beginning to sound like vaporware. It takes less time to make a numbered FF game than this game is taking.

people are just hypocrites if you ask me. people complain about XIII's battle system and how they wanted it to be more like the traditional final fantasies. Yet Versus XIII's battle system is like kingdom hearts. doesn't make sense. seems like everyone just wants Versus because of way it looks without even knowing how it will turn out.

Both traditional atb and action based battles were enjoyable. But one is action the other isnt. Problem with the system is the fact that they are balanced and allow room to customize and optimization. XIII series hasnt featured that. Paradigm shift COULDVE been really good. It has potential to allow more customization but the game wasnt made for players to enjoy the battle system just enjoy watching the battle.

omg! i'm talking about people being hypocrites, whether the battle system in kh is popular or not. even if it is popular, but if it makes people like it the game because that reason alone, then it's stupid. people should like it for as a FINAL FANTASY game, not tied in with kingdom hearts.

I'm not trying to promote XIII, I've played final fantasy from IV (haven't played X-XII cuz i didn't have a ps2). So i can list plenty of reasons what other series has that makes them good on their own. I just don't like how everyone hates it and compares it to all the old ones (especially VII). It totally ruins the game for what it is.

And like what the dude above me said, there are good things about the game itself. but that all our individual opinion. whether we praise it or not.

This is a thread about Versus. Its not only the battlesystem that interests ppl.
From day one I wanted Versus the most out of the three.

Fantasy based on real life elements.
Darker theme.
World map.
Cool characters.
Stella hottest FF girl ive seen lol.
Dragoon antagonist.

This game was bad ass from the get go. At least the concept.
You are not trying to promote FFXIII but defending it though.
Thats cool you may do so. But dont bash ppl that want Versus. You guys won. You'll get FFXIII-3!

Hope you played FFX btw that is the best FF imo. Havent played FF1 till 6 though.

—___________________________________________--

Wada and his statements wtf! Check out these links. Wada will show Versus when it has tht nostalgic feeling of this is Final Fantasy!

I love these ppls reactions :griin:
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/11818.html
http://gematsu.com/2012/08/square-e...to-give-you-that-nostalgic-this-is-ff-feeling
http://n4g.com/news/1071499/square-...to-give-you-that-nostalgic-this-is-ff-feeling
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/63926734?page=1

Last edited:
Poor Versus XIII fans, always never getting info on it. You poor poor souls.

Lol made me think of this. :wacky:

" This one wants Versus this one wants Final Fantasy X HD and I help them... yes I do. " :britt:

They're first putting all their effort info FFXIV and the Lightning Saga finale."

Shar later added, "He said that we're developing it, so please look forward to next year."

Next year? :wtf: Dear God.... *insert facepalm here*

If they would stop focusing on milking FF13 and Lightning for one moment, then they could at least afford to spare four minutes or even a minute without the "lovely grace" of Lightning. Couldn't they? Couldn't they?! :raye:

It seems like this game is here just to make us keep tuning into Square Enix for updates and giving them attention (or to keep finding out about FF13/Lightning related junk). I am highly disappointed in SE/FF.co. Again.

From day one I wanted Versus the most out of the three.

Me too!

As has been pointed out, FFXIII/XIII-2/Lightning Returns and Versus have different development teams, so the sequels etc to XIII are nothing to do with how long Versus is taking.

In this instance, I wouldn't actually blame LR: FFXIII for the continuing lack of Versus, because I like to think that there is: a) its own team churning it, and b) another developer that's been contracted with the outsourcing churning it too. If Versus is being slowed down in development in any way, shape or form, blame FFXIV 2.0 for that. Last I checked, a huge team of several hundred are working day and night on it. And by "huge team", apparently they relegated people from other projects to work on FFXIV, which is currently considered top priority.

Short notes version: If FFXIV 1.0 hadn't messed up like it did, they wouldn't need to spend all this manpower on it.

I am laughing at the sheer, exaggerated hatred for SE online for not showing Versus at TGS. God, and I thought I was a whiny, bitchy pessimist. :rofl: Versus is serious business, obviously, not to mention we obviously know it will be the best game ever, right? I mean, they're spending so much time on it and we just know it will be amazing because they always say it is - even though we know barely anything about it, and all this hype a bit unfounded so far. I mean, I can live without it for now, because it helps if one treats the game as being cancelled until they decide to show more.

Alright FFXIII did infact delay Versus!
FFXIII-2 and FFXIII-3 you guys might be right.

Funny thing is though FFXIII-2 and FFXIII-3 can be developed and released within 2 years. Versus only fullddevelopment in 2011 meaning before tht they didnt do shit.

I agree FFXIV might be another reason but I thought they had their own team as well? They made half of the team of FFXIII versus help on FFXIII so why cant they move over half of FFXIII team to help on Versus?

I cant see SE release Versus before FFXIII-2 so tht means that SE planned it all along since the day they found out they had a lot of leftovers from FFXIII when it was finished. Freeking scheme. That could probably explain why they had that nova nobula crystallius bullshit event when they announced name change of Type0 and FFXIII-2. Even 2 measly mill sales couldnt prevent FFXIII-3.

Directly or indirectly FFXIII is Versus's main obstacle. Simply put.

So 2013 -2014 Versus should be released?

All versus "fans" (How can you be fan of a game that doesnt exist?)should had spected this already! SE are doing this because If (Aand a BIG if) Versus comes out people would not care for them at all anymore, lets first finish the lightning Trilogy so we can focus on other games (Namely Versus) later after we have lost all our fans is Se aproach since this gen started.

ALL OF YOU WHO DARE TO DOUBT SQUARENIX IMCOMPETENCE, BEHOLD!

In this instance, I wouldn't actually blame LR: FFXIII for the continuing lack of Versus, because I like to think that there is: a) its own team churning it, and b) another developer that's been contracted with the outsourcing churning it too. If Versus is being slowed down in development in any way, shape or form, blame FFXIV 2.0 for that. Last I checked, a huge team of several hundred are working day and night on it. And by "huge team", apparently they relegated people from other projects to work on FFXIV, which is currently considered top priority.

Short notes version: If FFXIV 1.0 hadn't messed up like it did, they wouldn't need to spend all this manpower on it.

I am laughing at the sheer, exaggerated hatred for SE online for not showing Versus at TGS. God, and I thought I was a whiny, bitchy pessimist. :rofl: Versus is serious business, obviously, not to mention we obviously know it will be the best game ever, right? I mean, they're spending so much time on it and we just know it will be amazing because they always say it is - even though we know barely anything about it, and all this hype a bit unfounded so far. I mean, I can live without it for now, because it helps if one treats the game as being cancelled until they decide to show more.

Actually, the development team for Versus is the same team as for Fabula Nova Crystallis. Basically the only difference was different directors and maybe others who helped on concept.

Fabula Nova Crystallis is lead by Square Enix 1st development department. and ffXIV is lead by 3rd development department.

and even then if FFXIV was using part of 1st development department, i HIGHLY doubt that FFXIV is responsible for the delay of Versus. The blame has to be with the Lightning series. It can't fall in any other. Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance and Dissidia 012 may hold a little of the blame aswell seeing as how those games released quickly aswell but not as much as XIII is.

Again, Square Enix "WANTS" XIII to be remembered as a success. And technically it is one but not a worldwide success as the only ones who didn't have to level with it were the eastern players I can't blame them for pushing it this far though. They promoted FFXIII to the point where it lead to a documentary of Final Fantasy XIII. I can only blame them for not really trying so hard on the first so that XIII-2 wouldn't be made to what FF fans call "what the original should've had" and maybe not push for another game.

I believe Versus NEEDS to be made, they have not developed any action RPGs on the PS3. If they manage to do so, the development for future action RPGs would be quicker just like XIII-2 and apparently Lightning Returns. Plus i remember back that they were thinking of making FFXV an action RPG. I personally wish the series to move on. But not even the Fabula Nova Crystallis series is moving along, just the "lightning trilogy" which, yes i know is part of FNC, but a small point.

Why did I click on it, I knew it... why did I click on it... ._.

Oh well, I'm done.

I just hate having Lightning's Saga so fervently pushed. Instead of releasing FF-XIII-2, they could have waited for FFXIII-3 instead.

Is anyone really surprised by this? I mean, really? Square Enix have made it a point of being as anticlimactic and mysterious as possible with Versus, likely to keep those fans who despise FFXIII from wandering too far. Keep something hanging over their heads so that people don't just give up on the company, as many have been inclined to do, given their recent performance.

I still don't understand where the hype for Versus XIII comes from, when there is no substantial data to get excited about. The trailers pretty, yes. FFXIII's trailers were pretty, and look at how THAT turned out. If you liked XIII, good for you, but I see several people who regard FFXIII as shit getting excited for Versus, despite the fact that they have exactly as much data on Versus as they did about FFXIII in the early stages. You'd think people would learn to not get their hopes up just because something looks pretty.

If Versus ever did come out, people would probably up complaining about the end result anyway.

I am not so sure. I mean, I'm sure someone somewhere is always going to be complaining about something, but I am not so sure that it is going to turn out so bad.

I give FFXIII a lot of shit. But even with the release of FFXIII-2, they had already gotten much better. I still hate Caius and the game's story, but I feel like it improved dramatically from a gameplay perspective in comparison to it's predecessor.

I am not really a fan of this "Lightning Saga" crap, which is probably why I am going to rent it after it's been out for a few months, but I would not be surprised if it was a better game. Only time will tell, though.

I am not so sure. I mean, I'm sure someone somewhere is always going to be complaining about something, but I am not so sure that it is going to turn out so bad.

I give FFXIII a lot of shit. But even with the release of FFXIII-2, they had already gotten much better. I still hate Caius and the game's story, but I feel like it improved dramatically from a gameplay perspective in comparison to it's predecessor.

I am not really a fan of this "Lightning Saga" crap, which is probably why I am going to rent it after it's been out for a few months, but I would not be surprised if it was a better game. Only time will tell, though.

I agree with you- We waited, at the time, what seemed a long time for FF12 and people really liked it.

Is anyone really surprised by this? I mean, really? Square Enix have made it a point of being as anticlimactic and mysterious as possible with Versus, likely to keep those fans who despise FFXIII from wandering too far. Keep something hanging over their heads so that people don't just give up on the company, as many have been inclined to do, given their recent performance.

I still don't understand where the hype for Versus XIII comes from, when there is no substantial data to get excited about. The trailers pretty, yes. FFXIII's trailers were pretty, and look at how THAT turned out. If you liked XIII, good for you, but I see several people who regard FFXIII as shit getting excited for Versus, despite the fact that they have exactly as much data on Versus as they did about FFXIII in the early stages. You'd think people would learn to not get their hopes up just because something looks pretty.
if you follow the interviews, the idea of Versus XIII is pretty innovating to the series in a positive way. So, if Versus XIII accomplishes everything that has been stated about it gameplay wise, then it will be entertaining even if the story isn't that great.

Thats why Fans look forward to Versus XIII. it's not really versus XIII fans, just looking forward to something new that is not part of the Lightning Saga

if you follow the interviews, the idea of Versus XIII is pretty innovating to the series in a positive way. So, if Versus XIII accomplishes everything that has been stated about it gameplay wise, then it will be entertaining even if the story isn't that great.

Thats why Fans look forward to Versus XIII. it's not really versus XIII fans, just looking forward to something new that is not part of the Lightning Saga
Words, and nothing more. It's very difficult to trust anything Square Enix say when they think that the Lightning Saga is a good idea. In terms of actual content, we have seen pretty much bugger all to back this up. It's very easy to make these bold claims of positive innovation, but another thing entirely to back them up. I agree with you that if they accomplish everything they claim it will probably be a satisfactory game at least, but over the last few years, how often have Square Enix actually done what they said they were going to do? What makes anyone think that Versus will be any different?

I suppose some people are just easily pleased. Personally, I won't be satisfied until I see some evidence that they're doing what they claim they're doing - for a change - and, until that time, I would label all of this hype as utterly unfounded and painfully naive. But eh, whatever. Call me a cynic.

Words, and nothing more. It's very difficult to trust anything Square Enix say when they think that the Lightning Saga is a good idea. In terms of actual content, we have seen pretty much bugger all to back this up. It's very easy to make these bold claims of positive innovation, but another thing entirely to back them up. I agree with you that if they accomplish everything they claim it will probably be a satisfactory game at least, but over the last few years, how often have Square Enix actually done what they said they were going to do? What makes anyone think that Versus will be any different?

I suppose some people are just easily pleased. Personally, I won't be satisfied until I see some evidence that they're doing what they claim they're doing - for a change - and, until that time, I would label all of this hype as utterly unfounded and painfully naive. But eh, whatever. Call me a cynic.

For one, we got to see gameplay already. so from what we seen, we can establish that it will be entertaining.

Over the years, they did what they said for the most part, the only problem is we didn't like what they were saying. back then we did, but that was before Final Fantasy XII.

Stop the over negativism, because there's no use for it. Even then, this is the only game we can look forward to. They've improved Fina Fantas XIV and Lightning returns looks "promising" but the issue is that the original XIII sucked, so who wants to give it a chance other than fans? thats the issue with the XIII series. gamepaly-wise improved (little by little) but overall the story wasn't as engaging the first time to keep people from wanting more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back