[SU/D] Final Fantasy IX: Scars of Terra

Hm. Since it might be quite difficult to fill up all the canon character positions, do you think it would be okay for me to help take Garnet?

That and, seriously? Quina is 106 years old?! GOSH lol. When I was playing the game, I never thought about his/her age. If I had knew s/he was some centenarian...

If you provide the bios then that is fine with me Rave, while I accept Canon characters they are not fully necessary to the plot of the story.

Also, I can imagine Qu's can live a lot longer than humans. He was 89 years old in game, making him the oldest playable character (not counting Fang or Vanille from Final Fantasy XIII) in the series.

A work in progress. I'll have it up as soon as I get the time to finish it.

EDIT!

I also need to know this. Would Garnet already have a baby with Zidane? I'm supposing yes?

Name:
Garnet Til Alexandros XVII 'Dagger'

Race:

Summoner

Female

Appearance:
Close Up
Official Wear
Informal

Once a princess recognized for her exceptional beauty and grace; now, she is a Queen, married to Zidane, and despite her age, she still retains her youthfulness - as well as her kindness. Most people still find that she exudes innocence and compassion that makes it easy for people to approach her, nobles and commoners alike.

Over time, she has also grew back her long hair. She once cut it to signify a break away from her bad memories. This time, the long hair signifies the good memories.

Personality:

[From Final Fantasy Wikia.com]
Garnet is self-deprecating and often blames herself for events beyond her control, such as the destruction of Alexandria by the Invincible. Her tendency to blame herself culminates in her being depressed to the point she stops speaking after Alexanderia is destroyed. Throughout the game Garnet relies on others many times, as she seeks help from many people including Doctor Tot, Steiner, Beatrix, Regent Cid and Zidane.

She states she wants the power to summon Eidolons so she can better defend her kingdom and her companions, hence why she tries to obtain Ramuh at Pinnacle Rocks. Through Zidane's influence, Garnet learns to act in a more commonplace way, and she endeavors to "blend in," as can be seen in the village of Dali in the beginning of the game, changing her speech patterns over time from overly formal to more casual and natural. As Zidane teaches her more about the outside world, Garnet eventually falls in love with him. Garnet can be a little naive at times, perhaps due to her sheltered life within Alexanderia; for example, she appears shocked at some of the more unwholesome sights at Treno.

Despite this type of upbringing, Garnet is quick-thinking and finds ways to outwit others in order to pursue her goals. She innocently enough asks Zidane for Sleeping Weed under the guise of helping with insomnia, and later uses it against him and others in order to escape from Lindblum castle. Garnet also conceives the idea of surrounding herself with Gyshal Pickles during her and Steiner's trip through South Gate, relying the smell of the pickles in order to ward away border guards so Steiner could sneak her inside.

After becoming the Queen, Garnet has became even more mature. Still self-deprecatory by nature, she now has Zidane on whom she has come to strongly rely on - to her dismay. However, she is capable of being independent, especially when Zidane is busy on official visits that does not require her presence.

Class:

Summoner

Abilities:

Eidolons and White Magic

Due to the lack of practice, Garnet has became very much weaker in summoning her Eidolons. Summoning Eidolons now require at least 65% of her stamina, and still has a margin for failure.

Her White Magic, however, is still very much powerful. An expert white mage in her own right, she is capable of serving as a specialized White Mage, repeatedly casting healing spells like Curaga - and other status boosting spells. She is capable of managing at least about 50 spells in succession.

Trance:

Grand Summon

Filled with emotions and the will to succeed, Garnet suddenly regains her old flair for summoning, allowing her Eidolon to maintain its existence for about 5 five minutes before being de-summoned naturally.

Eidolons can be de-summoned by defeating it in battle, one way or another.

Weapon:

Staffs

Bio:
After the events of Final Fantasy IX, Garnet married Zidane. Theirs was a wedding that was celebrated over all of Gaia, and their married life was a bliss. 5 years after marriage their marriage, the couple's oldest daughter, Princess Sarah Cornelia Alexandros I, Heir-Apparent of Alexandria, was born.

Kuja Garlandios Alexandros I, Prince of Treno, was born 6 years later. Zidane named this child, in memory of Kuja.

With the birth of her children, Garnet became more focused on raising them properly than on accompany Zidane on his trips.

Character Theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veSpgbquV1g

Battle Theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bmP17oeO8A

Last edited:
Yay.

Guess it's time to recap on her personality. And to revisit that game. It's been so long since I touched the PS1

wow, i love the game, I'm in. If there is space that is.

Name: Stephen Hownam

Race: Human

Appearance: Stephen Looks like This, but with short styled hair and no weapon's, Stephen also has a Tattoo on his shoulder.
Stephen wears his Monk battle garb all the time, except when he sleeps, the Garb consists of a Blue Long sleeve jacket like item that ties across the chest, it stays open at the front and is only half the length of his upper body. he has Black leather belts around his waist that start at the top of his belly button and finish just below his hip, these hold on a white wrap around his waist that hands down to his ankles creating a makeshift cover, he has a pair of grey trousers that fit fairly loosely, his shoes are light and made of leather.

Stephen's face is usually holding a blank expression, with Dark brown eyes, Stephen Stands at 6 foot tall, his hair is short and styled, Brown in colour. his only defining feature is a heavily tattooed shoulder and chest it is a black Samoan tattoo that is only showed through the open front of his jacket, the tattoo spans across his left peck, his shoulder blade and down to his wrist.

Personality: Stephen is a guardian, he uses his powers as a summoner and mage, along with his Monk like physical fighting style to defend those who are in need, the weak and the poor, and often those who cannot help themselves, this is his only reason to fight.

Class: Summoner/ Black mage

Abilities:
Summon - FFX's Valefore (if thats okay)
Black magic -
Fire, Learnt
Fira, Learnt
Firaga, 3rd new spell
Fire wall, 2nd new spell
Meteor Strike, 1st new spell
Hellfire, Last new spell
Flare, 4th new spell

Trance: Stephen's Trance focuses his mind and his Black Magic spells to make them cause 150% of their regular damage

Weapon: Leather gloves with Metal plates on the backhand and knuckles and his footwear.

Bio: Stephen was born during the war, born in a Lindblum Family, his family weren't very wealthy at all, and so Sent him to the monk hood many miles away where the war wouldn't effect anything, hoping that their son would never be forced to pick up a sword to fight. it was only when he turned 10 that he heard of the attack on Lindblum, and that his parents were killed in the attack by Brahne and Atmos.

Stephen became Angry, and trained even harder, channelling his Energy and rage into his training, taking a turn of sorts, his training began working better that it was, he excelled with both fist strikes and leg strikes. at aged 13 Stephen began showing signs that he could somehow use Black magic that was a complete mystery to the monks he lived with who banished him from using his magic and and so he was forced to began practising magic when he was alone but he quickly discovered it was only fire spells he could use.

at Aged 16 Stephen left the monk hood to find a way to take revenge on those responsible for his parents death, at Aged 18 he followed a group of black mages into a cave and although they weren't directly responsible for his parents deaths, they were part of the problem, deep in the mine, he used his Magic abilities and physical abilities to kill the mages, but a Stray fire spell Brought the Tunnel down on top of Stephen.

When he woke up he was in Lindblum and was told he was lucky to survive,feeling only remorse for his actions Stephen vowed to never raise a hand in anger or revenge again for a year afterwards he had visions of a mighty bird like creature when he dreamt. It was a year after that he first summoned Valefore, and it took most of his strength to do so. Since then, he has worked on Summoning this beast, and become stronger.

he now defends those who cannot defend themselves, the weak poor helpless or even those being robbed when not prepared, and only uses Valefore in dire straights as it drains 80 percent of his Mana.

Battle theme: Skillet: Hero

Hope this is okay, let me know if you want me to change anything

Last edited:
Alright, I've went through the details on MSN and I se you've made the changes, so your character is now accepted Stephen, welcome to the RP.

Name:
Lan V. Ester

Race:

Genome

Male

Appearance:

bathoin3.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/bathoin3.jpg/
Minus the swords, wand, and helmet
The Tail is hidden under the robe.
At best, he is 5'9.

Personality:
Lan V. Ester is a down to earth guy who is calculating to a certain degree. Most of the time, he is easy to get along and generally loves exploring as much as he can unless he sees something interesting. When that happens, he is usually stubborn to the the point of being boarder line unreasonable.

Class:

Monk

Abilities:

Taunt: Draws enemies to himself.

Monk attacks: Counterattack, Strike Feint (fake an attack to create an opening through either making the opponent defend, dodge, or attack), Grab and throw. (Acts just like counterattack but instead of a strike, Lan will grab the opponent if he is physically able to and throws them away from him. Generally will throw to another enemy.)

Trance: He will be a mainly the same as the picture with the only exception is that his hair grows sky blue and his tail becomes visible. His regular attacks will remain with one new attack to use as well as he gains a speed boost equal to 75% of Zidane's normal speed.

Forced Back attack: Using the speed gained from trance, Lan will vanish just to appear behind the enemy and launch a furious strike. (Can not be used in quick succession)

Weapon:

Gloves with claws from the knuckles

Bio:

Lan was born two years after exploits of Zidane and his group throughout Gaia. During this time, his family were traveling to Oelivert with a group led by Mikoto when they were attacked by Monsters. During the fighting, His parents died protecting him. Mikoto took it upon herself to raise the boy.

At the age of seven, Lan was playing with other children of Oeilvert when an unknown warrior came to their area to settle down. Seeing that the warrior did not have any weapons on him, Lan asked the man how he managed to get to Olivert unarmed. The man smiled as he told Lan about his ability as a Monk. Enticed by abilities of the man, Lan asked to become a student under the man. The man agreed to train Lan.

After eight years of intense training, the unknown warrior parted ways with the Genome boy telling him to learn more about the world. As a parting gift, the unknown warrior handed Lan his first weapon, the Cat Claw he used to use as well as a map with directions toward the Kingdom of Lindblum.

With weapon and map at hand, Lan, age 15, set out after letting Mikoto know of his destination.

Character Theme:
Raiden's theme (White Blood)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBgq0ydUhCU&feature=related

Battle Theme:
Dissidia Final Fantasy FF9 battle theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbxwi0vjAto

Last edited:
@Bathoin: Firstly, let me be the first to welcome you to Final Fantasy Forums.

Secondly, I want you to be more descriptive in your Appearance post, until then, your bio is denied.

It should also help to know, while this tidbit isn't contributed to your request, but Mikoto still currently resides in the Black Mage Village, not Oeilvert.

Alright, I've made alterations to my application. Hopefully it's sufficient this time around.

Revised for the second attempt.

Name:
Lan V. Ester

Race:

Genome

Male

Appearance:

bathoin3.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/bathoin3.jpg/
The picture is a decent image of how Lan will look. The Weather worn green robe clings closely to his form with obvious sights of repair work as patches riddled the robe. On the back of the robe along with both shoulders was the image of the twin moons with Red for Terra and Blue for Gaia .

When the heat of the desert forces Eile to take off the robe , he wears a purple sleeveless shirt and long purple pants that bears the sign of usage. The sleeveless shirt also have the patch of the Twin moon with Gaia on front and Terra on the back. His leather shoes is brown and caked with earth. His arms bear the faded but slight scars of training as two barely viewable scars run the length of his shoulders.

His silver hair, tied only at the base of his head by a simple ribbon, falls past his neck and rest squarely between his shoulder blades. His emerald shaded eyes bare the signs of confidence and curiosity. While standing in at a slightly tan and slightly muscular 5'9, the only true defining feature on this clothing that defines him as a genome is the slight parting of the robe just closer to the ground near the waist to allow his tail to pass through if he so chooses.

Personality:
Lan V. Ester is a down to earth guy who is calculating to a certain degree. Most of the time, he is easy to get along and generally loves exploring as much as he can unless he sees something interesting. When that happens, he is usually stubborn to the the point of being boarder line unreasonable.

Class:

Monk

Abilities:

Taunt: Draws enemies to himself.

Monk attacks: Counterattack, Strike Feint (fake an attack to create an opening through either making the opponent defend, dodge, or attack), Grab and throw. (Acts just like counterattack but instead of a strike, Lan will grab the opponent if he is physically able to and throws them away from him. Generally will throw to another enemy.)

Trance: He will be a mainly the same as the picture with the only exception is that his hair grows sky blue and his tail becomes visible. His regular attacks will remain with one new attack to use as well as he gains a speed boost equal to 75% of Zidane's normal speed.

Forced Back attack: Using the speed gained from trance, Lan will vanish just to appear behind the enemy and launch a three furious, but weak strike. (Can not be used in quick succession)

Weapon:

Gloves with claws from the knuckles

Bio:

Lan was born two years after exploits of Zidane and his group throughout Gaia. During this time, his family were traveling to the Black Mage Village with a group led by Mikoto when they were attacked by Monsters. During the fighting, His parents died protecting him. Mikoto took it upon herself to raise the boy.

At the age of seven, Lan was playing with other children of the Black Mage Village when an unknown warrior came to their area to settle down. Seeing that the warrior did not have any weapons on him, curiousity over took Lan as he asked the man how he managed to get to the village unarmed. The man smiled as he told Lan about his ability as a Monk. Enticed by abilities of the man, Lan asked to become a student under the man. The man agreed to train Lan.

After eight years of intense training, the unknown warrior parted ways with the Genome boy telling him to learn more about the world. As a parting gift, the unknown warrior handed Lan his first weapon, the Cat Claw he used to use as well as a map with directions toward the Kingdom of Lindblum.

With weapon and map at hand, Lan, age 15, set out after letting Mikoto know of his destination.

Character Theme:
Raiden's theme (White Blood)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBgq0...eature=related

Battle Theme:
Dissidia Final Fantasy FF9 battle theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbxwi0vjAto

Thank you. Can't wait to start rping again.

Bathoin

Both our characters start off in the Mage Village :) We could have them adventure together if you like? Or at least know eachother?

Back