[S/D] Eureka Academy: Second Semester

I can't help that everything with my real life was going to be such a mess for me personally, as it has been very much lately, but I think I just took my first step in the right direction towards...protecting my sanity. X_x

Maybe I can still manage to make a quickie post for Evelyn just so that James character can move on... :hmmm:

Making a post now. The RP's moving so fast that I'm basically ditching the fight and meeting up with the other Discom members. :rage:

I love being a catalyst for mayhem:P I'm just hoping you all don't mess my plans for the next post up to badly...

it's moving fast? is it :S hmm maybe it's just me that thinks its getting slow

It was sarcasm good sir.

My RL problems are getting in the way of my posts but I'll be hammering this RP along in the evening. Plus with the past record of inactive rpers I dont take many new pledges of keeping on track seriously. IDs will finally be put up on Monday. Also a few of my missing posts, one of which will clear up the fight scene, along with missions will be posted tonight. As much as I'd love to rant about RL problems EA still needs to keep running. I personally like to think of RPing as an escape from RL :p

i agreee with that view. rp is an escape from the mundane problems we face in life. im just glad im starting to get some interaction. oli when you have time will you look over my Iman character? hoping to get her in here too :) you dont have to rush though :)

I'll try to get a post in sometime within the next day or two. I only just got a chance to read the new posts last night, and I'm still trying to assess how I want to react to all this :wacky:

Same here, Kate. I'm still trying to think up how I should have Alyss react to the Headmaster's actions. :gasp:

I'll probably have a post up tonight. :grin:

It seems that my conversation partner has vanished. :hmmm:

Will probably make another post later and shift the scene or something. :hmmm:

OOh well this is fun:P i love not getting a word in edgewise;) by simple virtue of the entire conversation being over before i have a chance to interject....

Well I guess I will need to have a word -now apperantly in private- with the good headmaster and the disco as a whole, amongst other things on the dangers of making unsubstantiated assumptions:)

To be fair, you appeared on their table unannounced and considering they wanted a private dinner get together, you can hardly blame the DisCo for being a bit snappy... for a lack of better word

Furthermore, you can hardly blame poor little Alyss for thinking them rude. After all, they gave the poor girl an anxiety attack.

ooh i'm not blaming you, this had exactly the intended effect... It generated gameplay:)

I'm just saying i would have preferred the option to say something back before the headmaster comes in makes a few big sweeping (and false) assumptions and railroads my character into the sidelines... 's all i'm sayin'

yeahhh I think I am going to quit this RP :( it was awesome to begin with but it is just too hard for a noob RPer like me to keep up with, I hope you all continue to have fun!

Story emoed, jumped off the floating island and died. The end :sad3:

I should probably post again hmmm *thinks* is it the next day yet?

oh noes :( people be leaving. it could always be toned down...after all this si meant to be a whole 'ease them in gently' sort of affair.

Finally finished my second character. It was hard to find a look-a-like for her that wasn't slutty . :hmph:

Name: Rosalynn Hera

Title/Alias: Rose

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Date of Birth: February 4th

Place of Birth: Venus; City of Consonance

Current Residence: Eureka Academy

Resides With: Lives alone

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius

Race: Half-Fey

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Appearance:
rosalynn.png

Weight: 117 lbs

Height: 5"8 1/2

Skin Tone: Light tan

Eye Color: Goldenrod (Sharp yellow)

Hair: Rosalynn was born with light plum colored hair, but by the time she reached her early teens, she decided to dye it permanently raven black. It is naturally wavy and reaches down to her waistline; though she may straigten or put micro-braids in it from time to time.

Blood Type: AB+

Body Type: Slim/Slender

Personality
:
Rosalynn is considered a very talkative individual and easily shows her feelings on her skin. She is a very open minded with everyone she speaks to, never judging anyone she meets by appearance or personal information, and sometimes has a habit of revealing more about herself than most people would prefer on a first-meet basis. Unfortunately, along with her care free ego, she has a short fuse - being prone to get angry at the slightest thing that she finds insulting. She is known to act somewhat calmer when she finally gets to know a person or when she's with family members, and if she has any qualms with a person, she'll let them know.

There has been several times where she's questioned the concept of real happiness. Majority of the time that she is in a satisfied mood, she'll end up thinking as to why she feels that way if there's no particular reason. She sometimes fears that her emotions act on their own rather than being triggered by something. Her interests usually fall around performance arts and exploring – sometimes in places where she’s not supposed to be; but curiosity fits one of her bigger qualities. Her attitude is believed to be in no way influenced by her parents or any of the fey's cultures, as she is known to be one of the few kinds of half-breeds that usually encourages others to try out something they may be scared of at first – even if the resulted isn't completely desired. Rosalynn is the kind of person that hopes to try out everything at least once before her passing.

First Impression: The first thoughts that may come to people's minds when meeting Rosalynn for the first time can range from free spirited to crazy. They may acknowledge that there are some things that she would have no fear of doing; contrary to many people that may want to avoid doing themselves.

Distinguishing Marks: Ear lobes are stretched to a size 19.05 mm (3/4 gauge) and has a golden snake-shaped ear cuff clipped on her cartilage with tiny gem stones dangling from the edge. Her ears are slightly pointed, hinting the partial fey blood inside of her. Naval is pierced, but the ring through it is in no way symbolic – just made of white gold material with a diamond placed in it.

Religion/Spiritual Views: Buddhist.

Political Affiliation: Has no care for politics.

Attire: The way Rosalynn dresses indicates how much free movement she wants as possible, but also to fit on her terms of looking cute as well. The outfit she mainly wears is a fitted black blouse with four small buttons beneath the open V neck area. The sleeves of the top reach to her elbow while the ends of them fall loosely around her arm. For bottoms, she wears a loose dark red mini skirt that reaches an inch above fingertip length as she hates the feeling of being weighed down by certain fabrics.

Accessory wise, she has tribal earring gauges to fit through her lobes and wears five mini-pendant necklaces- each pendant having a different symbol on them that represents a member of her family tree and with the chains meeting together to merge into singular chain. She wears knee-high boots that are laced all the way to the top in the front of them. She's satisfied at the fact that wearing the black blazer instead of her usual top didn't make her appearance look any different.

Special Talents/Abilities:

Acting/Persuasion Since she was small, Rosalynn – despite her encouragement to others to be themselves – has often found fun in pretending to be someone she's not. Whenever she may get in trouble, she's always contemplating to fake emotions and speech to get herself out of certain situations. She can also act this way to back up someone else who may have ended up in a circumstance they have no desire to be in; that is, if she likes the person.

Conjunction The Basilisk Fang chakrams that Rosalynn uses are made so that at anytime they can be split in two and join together as one massive throwing disk. This method is mainly used so that it has more air time, being able to hit more than one target that she aims for or if she has to take down a massive foe.

Acrobatics Rosalynn has taken gymnast classes so that she may have a high amount of balance and flexibility. Pushing her limits, she is now able to flex parts of her body that most people normally would have trouble bending or stretching.

Weapon(s):

Basilisk Fangs (Twin Chakrams) - Rosalynn uses a set of large chakrams, one for each hand, and each one having curved blades aligned around them that measure about seven inches in length. When thrown at the enemy, close by or afar, they can induce an alarming amount of damage, being able to slice through rock if thrown with enough accuracy and force. She has a history of using a lot of ranged weapons, and she has had the most experience with the Basilisks, seeing as they can now be thrown and can boomerang back to her. The metals that were used to make the chakrams are apparently a very good reflector, having a good chance of bouncing off or canceling a moderate amount of magic back at the enemy when used to shield herself.

Strengths: Rosalynn is the most skilled with range weapons, being able to use whatever can be given to her if her main weapons aren't usable; whether if it's a gun, crossbow, or a boomerang, she has had very hard training with them for the past several years – starting when she was around 13 years old. It's a good advantage to her when she wants to avoid being hit too many times. She is also good with hand-in-hand combat, seeing as how she was taught self-defense in some time she had to spare.

Weaknesses: Very vulnerable to magic attacks. Rosalynn hasn't specialized in magic, nor is she often hit by it, so magic attacks can do more than enough damage to her when hit by them.

Vitality : Rosalynn has a rather high physical defense, contrary to the stereotypical belief that most women are frail and easy to harm. Due to her past experiences with fighting whoever challenged or irritated her, seeing her own blood is the least thing that will slow her down in battle. As stated before, however, the results are quite the opposite when fighting against magic. She can use her chakrams to possibly block out some magic that's thrown at her, but if it's a large amount, it won't be a reliable method for too long.

Speed : Rosalynn is naturally a fast paced person, whether if she's walking or running. When running at full speed, she can reach 13 mph, and can keep the momentum for about 15 minutes before having to take a break. When it comes to combat, she is an exceptionally quick thinker, sometimes believing that she lashes out before she gets to contemplate what attack to use or who to attack.

Stamina : Hate having to stay in one place for a period of time, Rosalynn enjoys using her energy to move around constantly, whether if it's in combat or some kind of activity. She has a good enough amount of stamina to last about 45 minutes without tiring out.

Reflexes : Rosalynn has had more training with blocking attacks rather than dodging them. When she sees a certain kind of body movement, she usually acts within a split second to brace herself for impact, whether if she's relying on her weapons for blocking or her own physical tolerance.

Fighting Style : Hit and run. Not that she actually runs from her opponent after she's executed an attack, but she always moves to keep her distance in case a counter attack is issued.

Magic : None, ironic as it seems considering she's a half breed of fey. As much as learning magic has interested her from time to time, she's never had the time to fit it in her schedule.

Other Skills :
[listed in Special Talents]

Favorite Food: Capelli D'Angelo

Least Favorite Food: Seafood

Bad Habits: Rosalynn is considered a frequent drinker, mainly because there is no age limit to who is legal to drink in her hometown. However, she tends to ignore the policy in other locations of the world, whether they're the same as her city's law or not. She also tends to speak whatever is on her mind before she thinks about it, and can be known to give snide remarks about anyone – regardless of what position they're in.

Class/Job/Occupation: Ranger

Past Occupations: Gymnast, Actress, Storyteller

Activities/Organizations: None.

Speech: Rosalynn's voice is naturally loud, because she likes people to hear her voice out whatever she talks about. Normally, when she's in a content mood, her tone is slightly high, giving off the impression that she's eager to talk to anyone about any topic. However, that same tone of voice can get dark when she's unsatisfied with something – and combined with how loud she can get, she may come off as intimidating to whoever she's upset with.

Quote: “Your liife is either a great adventure, or a waste of space.”

Relationship Status: Single

Relationship History: Rosalynn, though single currently, has had an interesting history of who's she's been with. She usually prefers females over males, claiming that girls are usually easier to connect with than guys are. Her last relationship had ended terribly though when Keller (the last guy she dated) had been marked as a delinquent and was eventually executed for stealing from the monarch's treasure room; a crime Rosalynn wasn't aware herself that he was doing. In the end, they were partly forced to split up because of that, but Rosalynn sees relationships as a nice way to share parts of her life with someone else, so if someone else turns up that shows interest, she probably won't reject if she likes them.

Family:

Lilian Hera {Fey} [Chemist]

Benedict Slavin {Human} [Offense/Defense Venus Trainer]

Personal Adversaries: None [currently].

Close Companions: Has yet to make some.

It was a very rare occasion for a half-breed to be born within Venus. However, when Lilian and Benedict had been together for nearly 5 years, they decided that they wanted to create a unique being. Seeing as the father was specialized in magic, it was rather alarming to find out that Rosalynn hadn't been able to use any, so they figured that her human genes overlapped her heredity more than her fey genes.

She was rather well known in her city because of the fact that it was mostly inhabited by fey beings, and some people had seen Rosalynn as special, others saw her as a mistake. It wasn't unusual for people to believe that a human to fey relationship was immoral or 'unclean', some people would call it. However, as she had grown old enough to take care of herself when her parents weren't around, she had proven that she wasn't any different than the people that resided in Venus, despite that their races would be different. However, her father had made it required that she prepare for combat in the future, for some people took her existence personally as a threat, and would go as far as violence to try and keep her away.

She had started her training by the time she was 13 years old, and she often was forced to push her limits on methods or tactics she wasn't entirely adjusted to. Many kids her age had admired her for her ambitions, and many had befriended her – despite that some of their parents advised against it. She had told her own parents that she wanted to work with weapons that she could use along with keeping her distance from her enemies, and she was given time to work with each ranged weapon she could use; starting with the crossbow, then pistols, and as time went by she continued to advance through every ranged weapon she could hold.

Rosalynn is very much an outside person, so she had eventually became tired of staying in one place all the time. With a will to discover what else was happening on the planet, she often left her home so that she could learn about things that some people in her hometown would be afraid to bring up. She had discovered other popular landmarks, foreign beliefs, and the cultures of other types of races that she found to be fascinating. She didn't like the idea of most of them being conformist, along with her own culture, but she was aware that it wasn't her place to try and change it. But she did sometimes ask the other residents about what they thought about the way they lived, and several of the many answers she had gotten were more negative than they were neutral. She had seen the places as sometimes being controlled by their government to act like robots, with no freedom given to the residents to do as they pleased, and she voiced that out to some of the people she met.

One time when she returned home, she was told by her mother that she would have to go to Eureka to further her training as a warrior. At first, Rosalynn didn't like the sound of that, but she had looked further into the campus life of the floating school, and actually found it exciting to be able to leave campus to fight creatures that she may not have even heard of before. Not only that, but she treasured the idea that the school's policies weren't as strict as her hometown's laws. Within a month's time, Rosalynn's parents had signed her up for admission into the academy for the second semester, and only could be described as eager to see what it had planned out for her.

Rosalynn's Theme

Confrontation (On My Last Nerve)

Battle Theme

Exploration

ID Info :

Color: Gold
Avi/Picture:
rosalynnicon.png

Dislikes: Conformity, Restriction
Sect: Black

Classes - Theory & Application of Alchemy, Conventional Combat Theory

I'm hoping she'll be approved before my next post, but do take your time, Oli ~ :yay:

Last edited:
Okay now to get some business put out here:

1st the Student IDs have been updates as well of the list of characters and dorm assignments. If you don't see a character or have a problem then I need to be PMed. (not redoing IDs btw.)

2ndly I cannot find Kevin's bio of hi second character. I must have skimmed it but I went through the threads and I couldn't find it :sad3:

Also Getting in a post with Pharra that got deleted by the forums when I tried to post it -__- The repost will be shorter and I can't find Damons post so that I could respond to him so I'm only going to respond to Nic.

Erm 3rd The teacher IDs will be made tomorrow, and I need to know if this:

I can't finish this SU, but'll leave the most basic info on here for this teacher, he's a supervisor of all sorts of things, deals out punishment and caries out the mission bulletin. I'll finish it when I got time yes?

General Info

Name: No-face (Real name: Yuri Breeze)
Race: Lily
Title: No-face supervisor, The hidden one
Class: Air Monk/Freestyler
Appearance:
Personality:
Weapons:
Abilities:
History:

ID Info

Color: Dark purple
Avi/Picture: N/a
Dislikes: Bad Students, not wearing his mask
Sect: N/a
is still being done. If so please post the bio again.

Um, Missions will go up once the clock in EA reaches the next morning. After the opening day the next day of EA will surely come so be sure to do what you can now because in a few more posts we're doing a time skip. When you think about it time skipping to the next day isn't so bad seeing as it took about a YEAR to finish about FOUR DAYS within the first rp >.>. Yea lets keep it moving.

Um Another numeberly Can some of the stuco help point out the students and teachers who haven't posted? It's been a little over 2 weeks and I need to start sending the tardy PMs. One more week and they're out for good ^^.

Lastly anyone frozen in an RP has no excuse to just stand around. You can just up and decide to ignore the person interacting with you or create a departing post if the wait its too long for you. If you wish to wait then that's just fine ^_^

Erm that will be all for now!

Back