A Story of A Love... A CloudxAerith Club

F F V I I . D i s m a n t l e d

F F V I I . D i s m a n t l e d
all translations in the following post are from the OFFICIAL booklet released by SQUARE ENIX back in 1997.

Cloud: "Aerith used to smile like a flower, all the time... But, Aerith won't smile anymore. I won't be able to hear her innocent laugh again.
What did she do?"
Why did Aerith have to die?
What am I supposed to do about this anger, it's endlessly boiling and burning up my body. "

Although called my first love, that doesn't mean that we became particularly intimate. I encountered him by chance as a flower vendor in Midgar. It was good for a little while, so I thought.

A friendly, childish SOLDIER, who gave kindness to girls. I encountered Zack and began to think that even a good natured person was from Shinra.

Therefore, 5 years ago, when Zack departed somewhere on a mission and he seemingly disappeared, I cried considerably. Yeah, I call this first love. Mother got angry at Zack when she saw me like that. That matter made him completely at fault.

At first when I met Cloud, I believed he was similar to Zack. Little actions, the way he spoke... his kindness. But Cloud is Cloud. I, now undoubtedly, love Cloud much more than Zack.

But Cloud is clueless."

Cloud: "Even so, I have to fight. So, I can leave my past behind me. So I can be myself. And above all--- to unfreeze her smile."

27. In Gast's home, Tifa said Cloud was even more reticent after Aerith's death. She failed finding suitable words to console him, because "he didn't seem to lose Aerith only, a piece of him also seemed lost." She kept saying that she'd never forgive Hojo.

After successfully blowing up the first reactor, we decided to disperse once and run away separately so as to avoid attention. The rendezvous would be the station in 8th Street, last train for Midgar. People were confused about the news of terrorist attack, and the street was dim because of the unsteady supply of Mako energy.
Here I met a flower girl.
She’s a girl with impressive eyes. She’s around my age, or elder by one or two years. But the innocent radiance in her eyes simply makes her suddenly look younger.
Unexpectedly, I came to think of the color of my eyes. Bathed in Mako energy, they shine a pale light, and this is what labels me a SOLDIER. For me, it’s the mark of my enemy, Shinra, so I desperately want to erase it.
“Excuse me, what happened?”
She asked me the question, and then I bought a flower from her, which is rare in Midgar.
Maybe she’s pleased that the flower was sold, because the worried look on her face had vanished. If this smile costs only one gil, it is a good purchase.

It’s quite amazing.
Previously, I met a flowergirl, Aerith, at 5th Street of the Slum, and now I was received at her place.
I seemed to fall down, from the 5th reactor to the Slum underneath. The Church’s roof and the flowers Aerith grows alleviated the impact of falling, so I survived safe and sound.
And for some reason, Shinra is keeping an eye on her.
When we were at the Church, a rascal with a strange tone came to seize her. The name is Reno, his clothes shows exactly that he belongs to the Turks, a secret troop of Shinra, which undertakes some dirty works that never go public.
Why do the Turks want to capture her?
They called her “the Ancient”…..
Well, it’s midnight already, seems about time to leave for the 7th Street.
Aerith declared that she’ll show me the way. But if I let her, it seems hard to tell who’s the bodyguard.
I’m gonna slip out of here.

Hummm... I was in a complicated mood today—I was happy, but somehow, I felt annoyed at the same time.
Though I need to get more information no matter what, it’s still risky to visit Don’s mansion by myself… that notorious lecher!
I knew I should have settled my determination, but I couldn’t stop my teardrops.
Cloud came to rescue me (and dressed like a girl!) when I was thinking that I might not survive this time. Therefore, I was very happy. I thought I had an illusion when I first saw him in the park.

It’s just that...I was displeased at the way Cloud and another girl soon became good friends.
Well, Aerith is a very good girl, I was fond of her soon, too. No wonder…

Besides, there’s a large death toll, people who believed Shinra, and those who disbelieved….
And then, Aerith was kidnapped.
In exchange with Marlene’s safety, she was taken away by the Turks.
If only she was not involved in this battle, between me and Shinra…..
Aerith’s mother told us that she’s a foster child. And because she’s the last survival of “the Ancients,” Shinra was after her since she’s little.
So far, it seemed the Turks had never tried to forcibly take her away in violent manner. They just persistently asked for her cooperation.
But, Shinra was entirely impetuous this time.
If Shinra changed the strategy all of a sudden, then no one can guarantee her safety.
I need to get in Shinra building.
I need to rescue her……by all means!

The big event happening after you get the keystone. When the night falls, the character with higher rating will come to invite Cloud. The following examples are case of Aerith and case of Tifa, please also try to challenge Yuffie’s and Barret’s case.

Caption in Picture:
1. In Aerith’s case, if you play the game normally, the partner that generally comes will be Aerith.
2. In the gondola, the line “I’m searching for you” has deep meaning. (you understand, right?)
3. In Tifa’s case, her prudent personality has no luck*, because she can’t tell him the bottom line.
4. In the end, she didn’t say it, and tucked it inside her mind.

When I arrived Shinra Building and was handed over to the man called Hojo, I couldn’t help thinking that I won’t be able to escape anymore.
I don’t know why but that man gave me the shivers.
The way he looked at me is like measuring a piece of experimental specimen….
In short, he wanted a hybrid from Red13 and….oh forget it, I don’t want to talk about it. Anyway Professor Hojo is absolutely a weirdo!
Although Red told me that “the acting was to throw Hojo off guard”, but he seemed quite serious at that moment.
He does look like a savage beast, however, he is more human than most of the mankind. Like what he tried to convey, we should cherish this Planet.
It’s just…I can also feel the excessive strain— he seems to push himself too hard.
And Cloud really is a hero!
To Tifa, and to me as well, he’ll come wherever we’re in a pinch!
Well, as for the one-date payment, I think I should make it two!

Last edited:
aerithff7anniveraryultimania_big.jpg

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FIGURE?

I seen one on ebay aaaaages ago that was similiar, had the holy materia as well, i well wanted, but couldnt justify the expense ]:

I don't have any Cloud and Aerith figurines :'(

I see them at anime cons but they only ever have Cloud. (And Tifa, Vincent, Yuffie, Rufus, Reno, Sephiroth) But never Aerith. And I don't feel right buying one without the other.

Here's seventeen icons.
(1-4)
2myu5co.jpg
qzhboz.jpg
345dmhu.jpg
2d2azbd.jpg

(5-8)
jado41.jpg
rkc5kz.jpg
qn0d5e.jpg
2ezo710.jpg

(9-12)
zwi1aa.jpg
24oo77m.jpg
2vcuy47.jpg
2yjr7dt.jpg

(13-16)
do7vq1.jpg
24wugpk.jpg
2iash7s.jpg
20ro9xk.jpg

(17)
29w36sn.jpg

I know they're not very good but I was bored >.< Odds are there's at least one good icon :mokken:

AWWWWWWWWWWWW!
She looks so pretty! Is there one that's not from a magazine?

I really don't think so. Considering that scene is only visible for like, a split second in ACC in a flash back in Midgar, there isn't much art work floating around of it. That picture is actually as clear as it gets. My wall scroll isn't very clear itself. =/

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FIGURE?

I seen one on ebay aaaaages ago that was similiar, had the holy materia as well, i well wanted, but couldnt justify the expense ]:

You saw a similar figure with the Holy Materia? o_O

I bought this on a website that took ages to get to me. They said they had one in stock when I ordered it, they said they shipped it 2 weeks later... when I asked where it was, they then said they shipped it THIS TIME FO REELZ with a tracking number.

Rly they had to get one from SE themselves because it was shipped in a cardboard box with SE logos and writing all over it. :3

I thought those figures were only like... urban geek legend :gasp:

This is getting increasingly hard to find actually. >.o

I've seen 'em everywhere they're just super expensive :mokken:

Mine was 220$ US including shipping. I bought her with my tax refund money because my bf new how much I wanted her and for how long. :3

But now the longer you wait to find it, even though they're not serialized, they are in limited numbers and if you find one on ebay (there's one listed right now akshually) they go for like.. 500 bucks and up.

it was just some ornamenty type of thing on ebay, with the alter and it was like, a large holy materia behind her....it looked really nice, it was just aw funds.... ]:

D o u j i n - C L O U D X A E R I T H

"f"]
kiki_35.jpg

kiki_36.jpg

kiki_37.jpg

kiki_38.jpg

kiki_39.jpg

kiki_40.jpg

--------------------------------

2nd Doujin

zlich3_41.jpg

zlich3_42.jpg

zlich3_43.jpg

Last edited:
Awe where did you get all those from? I love the big one and the picture on the wall :)

The only thing I have that is FF7 related besides the game and movie is a bootlegged Cloud pillow. I'm trying to find another good music video. The one I loved had it's track removed due to copy right reasons :(

Here we go, here's a good one! Usually I would associate this song more with Cloud and Zack but the person who made this video did a very good job.

Aerith is the Canon/Default Date

(DISCLAIMER) To avoid any confusion. The quotes used in this essay taken from the Art Collectors cards do not prove Aerith's date simply because they speak of Aerith's date. They help give insight to Aerith's date because of the context within these quotes. For example, these quotes don't just show Aerith's meaningful lines that she only says on the date, but these quotes literally say her date happened. THAT is why these quotes give us further insight for their date. Again, these quotes don't prove she's the date because they simply show reference to Aerith as the date----- but because of the context in each of the quotes we can know just a little more between them.
I had to edit this since people got confused. >_<

I've seen quite a few people claim that it's Cloud and Tifa who are the default date for a few reasons. And hopefully I can somewhat prove it's Aerith who is the default date. And yes, I know. I'm going to be trampled underfoot for writing this, but hey, what can a girl do?

Argument 1. "The U20 & VII's 10th AU shows a picture of Cloud and Tifa's date."

Yes, it's true. The U20 and 10th AU do show Tifa's date. In the FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania, Cloud's profile page, it has this;

[FFVII] "Both Aerith, who is forthright, and Tifa, who is demure, have feelings for Cloud but he is none the wiser to them."

And in Tifa's U20 profile this is said;
[FFVII] "She is shy when it comes to love. She's getting better at plainly expressing her feelings to Cloud, though, and can do so more easily now."- translated by TresDias

As you can see, neither of those quotes says anything about which girl is easiest to get or is the normal choice. It just goes on about how Aerith is able to tell Cloud her feelings when Tifa cannot. But there's no evidence that supports the idea of Tifa being the default date. Nothing like one of the creators saying she's easiest to get or is the normal choice. Nothing.

Argument 2. "The song that plays during that scene is "Interrupted by fireworks/Drowned by fireworks" which matches Tifa best because Tifa doesn't get to finish telling Cloud her feelings because she is literally interrupted by fireworks."

The second and most known argument used. The song that plays on the gondola is indeed a song named "Interrupted by Fireworks."

But this song doesn't just play on the date. In a matter of fact, it plays many other times that I can think of right off of the bat.

First
, when you are walking the train-tracks in Coral. Second, is when Caitsith tells everybody that he'll solve the puzzles in the Temple of the Ancients. And most importantly, this song plays when Cloud and Aerith have their stars being perfect for each other and then their affinity predicted. It's clear that this song, "interrupted by frieworks/drowned by fireworks," plays in other scenes besides the date.

So if the song's name held any meaning at all to any of the scenes it appears in, why isn't anyone being interrupted when Caitsith solves the puzzle or when you're walking the train-tracks of Coral?

Because, the song is just a song that appears in the game, it has no meaning behind it. Another thing, Tifa is interrupted just as much as anyone else on the date is. Aerith says she wants to meet Cloud as the fireworks start, and then nothing more is said. That's being interrupted.

If anything, this song matches Cloud and Aerith more than anyone else. It not only plays during their affinity prediction, but also any time Cloud remembers Aerith. So it makes much more sense that the song is a Cloud and Aerith tune rather than a song made simply for Tifa, to which it has no connection to.

Argument 3. " Is because Tifa was interrupted on the date, it matches the Highwind scene--since she is able to finally make her feelings obvious. Therefore it matches the storyline better for it to be Tifa."

This has to really be the only argument to me that makes any sense at all.

First and foremost, both Highwind scenes, whether low or high, hasn't been confirmed to be default or canon. So even if Tifa's date matches the High affection Highwind scene it doesn't matter because the High affection highwind scene isn't canon nor default. But if we're going to claim a certain date is default because it plugs in with the story better. Aerith being Cloud's date outweighs the reasoning for Tifa easily.

First of all, in the beginning of the game, Aerith asks Cloud to become her bodyguard, in which Cloud replies by telling her "
it'll cost her", which she then promises a date and Cloud Agrees.

Aerith: "Say, Cloud. Have you ever been a bodyguard?"
Aerith: "You DO do everything, right?"
Cloud:"Yeah, that's right."
Aerith: "Then, get me out of here. Take me home."
Cloud:"OK, I'll do it... but it'll cost you."
Aerith:"Well then, let's see......"
"How about if I go out with you once?"
(Cloud makes an affirmative nod. He confronts the person.)

I know some will try and claim that Cloud doesn't agree. But if Cloud didn't
accept the date as payment, then why would he be protecting her? He just got finished telling her that it would cost her for his protection. She offers the date for his protection and Cloud immediately confronts Reno, A Turk coming after Aerith.
If Cloud didn't accept her date as payment for his protection, then he really wouldn't have started to protect her so quickly. If he didn't accept the date, then he should have at least told her they'd figure out how else it will "cost her" after he rescues her from Reno. But he didn't. Instead, after he hears how she plans on paying him back, he nods his head and quickly turns and faces Reno--the person who Aerith is running from, protecting her in the process.

You can find the video of Cloud accepting the date as payment;
Go to the time of 6:54-7:02

{if GIF is not working, click here}
It's very clear that Cloud nods his head in that scene to accept Aerith's date as payment for him protecting her. But, still, some would still ignore Cloud's affirmative nod. This gif, however, proves he does in fact nod to her proposal of one date for his protection. Moving on...

To add to this, both Cloud and Aerith speak of their "
promised date" through out the game; the scene when they're locked in the Shinra jail; they speak of their promised date and how it was the deal they made in return for Cloud's protection.

Aerith:"I knew that Cloud would come for me."
Cloud:"Hey, I'm your bodyguard, right?"
Aerith:"The deal was for one date, right?"

So, here they are speaking about how the deal for Cloud to be her bodyguard is for one date in exchange. Again, if Cloud didn't accept the date, why are they speaking about how the "deal was for one date?" And if Cloud didn't accept her date, then he should have surely said so here, shouldn't he? Did he? No. Of course not. Because the date with Aerith is exactly what he wanted from her. Not money like he forced Tifa and Barret to pay him with... just one magical date.

The date is reinforced by the fact that Aerith calls Cloud her bodyguard in these scenes;

-As they're crossing the rooftops after leaving the Church:
Aerith "...Your eyes. They have a strange glow..."
Cloud "That's the sign of those who have been infused with Mako..."
"A mark of SOLDIER."
"But, how did you know about that?"
Aerith "........Oh, nothing."
Cloud "Nothing....?"
Aerith "Right, nothing!"
"Come on, let's go! Bodyguard!"

-When Aerith introduces Cloud to Elmyra:
Aerith "I'm home, mom."
(Her mother, Elmyra, walks over.)
"This is Cloud, my bodyguard."
Elmyra "Bodyguard.....? You mean you were followed again!?"
"Are you all right!? You're not hurt, are you!?"

As they're leaving Midgar (an optional response):
<CHOICE> Really? ...You worried?
It's dangerous. You sure you want to go?

Cloud: "Really? ...You worried?"
Aerith: "A little,... no, maybe a lot. But I have my bodyguard, right?"

Why would Aerith be calling Cloud her bodyguard if he wasn't her bodyguard? And more importantly, why is Cloud allowing her to call him bodyguard? Perhaps, because, he IS her bodyguard? And for Cloud to be her bodyguard that would involve Cloud accepting Aerith's date as payment. Since, payment is what Cloud wanted to be her body guard in the first place.

Well, Aerith's words obviously don't mean anything in the LTD. How about Cloud's own words, then? Through the game, we see Cloud even believes he is Aerith's bodyguard. And this is not only reinforced by all the times he protects her, but also by this quote found in the
FFVII Dismantled. Page 141.

Well, it's midnight already, seems about time to leave for the 7th Street.
Aerith declared that she'll show me the way. But if I let her, it seems hard to tell who's the bodyguard. I'm gonna slip out of here.

It seems as though, Cloud does think of himself as Aerith's bodyguard,did accept her date, otherwise he wouldn't be calling himself her bodyguard if he didn't get payment.
meaning, he
More evidence to support this notion is found in the same book, Dismantled, this is said;
Page 148
Aerith: Well, as for the one-date payment, I think I should make it two!

Why would Aerith say this if Cloud didn't accept the date in the first place? Simple, because he did.

Also, Aerith being the default date is further proven by the following scan and translation of a FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania page.

Translation done by Saeki of the CxA forums:
Top left :
Cloud, come and rescue me okay?
Top Middle :
Are you okay?
Top right :
Aerith : I'm looking for you.

Centre :
FFVII has always been in our hearts~

This page is showing significant scenes from the game. And as you can see, the date that is shown is Aerith's along with her line "I'm looking for you". To think, if Tifa's was the default date one of her lines would appear on this scan?

And, from the Final Fantasy Art Collection, an official collection of collector's cards;
#065 AERITH GAINSBOROUGH
Going to the Promised Land The fated meeting with Cloud wavers the fate of Aerith. The Cetra language that Aerith heard from her mother when she was young. A person who nurtures the Planet. As the last of the Ancient race, she takes it as her responsibility to go to the Promised Land that she has not seen. Aerith sees traces of Zack in Cloud and her very pure heart leads her to develop a liking for Cloud.

Well then, let's see...... How about if I go out with you once?
(Payment for Cloud.)

No, Cloud... I'm searching for you...
(First and last date.)

For it to have been Tifa as the default date, that means Cloud and Aerith's date couldn't have been said to be their last. Because, supposedly, Cloud and Aerith's date never happened--so again, how can a date that never occurred be their last? This alone might not canonize the date, but it definitely gives us more detail as to what happened between Cloud and Aerith on this date in the city of desire.

#111 The Planet's largest amusement park is run by Dio. Cloud and company visit this place many times in their battle. They meet Cait Sith here. A promised date that ends in a magical night. In the city of desire that floats above the sands, the light memory of the two people is asleep even now...
I think I must have seen him again, in you... But you're different. Things are different... No, Cloud... I'm searching for you...

The first heavy font part--A promised date that ends in a magical night--could only be talking about the date Aerith promised Cloud for his protection. If it was Tifa who was supposed to be the date, it wouldn't be described as a "promised date." As we all know, no where in the game does Cloud or Tifa ever promise the other a date. The only person to promise a date is Aerith to Cloud. No one else. Aerith promising Cloud a date is also reinforced by Nomura in the following VIIUO quote:

This is the payment she suggests when Cloud says that it'll cost her to hire him to be her bodyguard. This line shows the composed and mischievous side of her. It may be because of this promise that it's easier to have Aerith be the other party in Cloud's date when they're in the Gold Saucer. ~pg. 30, FFVII Ultimania Omega

Notice how it says because of Aerith's promise to Cloud for one date it makes her as the date easiest to get? As said above, the "promised date" in the "city of desire" that "ends magically" is indeed Cloud and Aerith's date.

You've all read it yourself, the
promise of paying Cloud with one date, makes it easier to get Aerith as Cloud's date. Again, if Tifa was the default date, it should be Tifa who is the easiest date to get, not Aerith. But, this isn't all we should look at. There's also this DISMANTLED quote:

1. In Aerith's case, if you play the game normally, the partner that generally comes will be Aerith. ~FFVII Dismantled

So there's also a quote saying that Aerith is the girl to come as the date if you play the game normally. If Tifa was the default date, why is Aerith the date you get if you play the game normally? Shouldn't it be Tifa? Why is Tifa an abnormal date to get if she is in fact the default/canon date for Cloud?

And if the song "Interrupted by Fireworks" had any meaning or significance to the date at all, especially if the song only fits Tifa, it should be Tifa who is easiest to get on the date. It should be Tifa who comes if you play the game normally. Not Aerith.

One last detail one must keep in mind is this last quote published in FINAL FANTASY VII DISMANTLED that takes place during Cloud's dream in the forgotten forest:

Aerith : Oh, Cloud... I enjoyed our date at the Gold Saucer. The view from the gondola that night was really beautiful.
I'll never forget it.

I'll never forget you, Cloud...

Take notice to the very very very important detail in that sentence. What is it that jumps out at you? What wins the utmost attention? If it's not "I enjoyed our date at Gold Saucer" than you probably just can't believe something as inarguable as this could exist. It's like, Square Enix really really did not want anyone to have any ounce of confusion about which date is canon, and boy! did this quote hammer home which girl Cloud went on the magical date with in the city of desire.

The wonderful thing about this specific quote is that many many Cloti fans use the fact that the High Affection Highwind scene is referenced many times throughout the ultimanias that that must mean the HAHW scene is the canon outcome. Surely if THAT logic officializes the HAHW scene in their opinions, than a non optional scene including Aerith recalling her and Cloud's date in the Gold Saucer definitely canonizes the Clerith date.

So, what's the conclusion?
That Aerith is Cloud's default/CANON date.

One last thing I'd like to point out; in the scan from the Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Ultimania Clotis have claimed that Cloud and Tifa are canon because they *think* that the high affection version of the Highwind scene is default-despite there not being any supporting evidence to prove that-

They like to
ignore that Cloud and Aerith's date is also shown on that same exact page. And would you guess what scene is shown? The magical date in the city of desire that Cloud and Aerith go on. Clotis like to say it doesn't mean anything because all the date quote speaks of is how multiple people can appear on the date. However, Clotis ignore that the highwind scene is also said to be optional with no canon outcome.

But if the obvious default date is Aerith, and the default highwind scene
still hasn't been made clear, isn't it kinda obvious which couple of the two has more significance in that scan?

The default/canon date for Cloud and Aerith on a page about love and romance VS an optional scene with no canon outcome?

Kinda self explanatory, isn't it?

Thank you for reading. Comments are appreciated.

Last edited:
Ooh, Aerith shrine is a good collection! I love that main doll!

I wish I had some Aerith figures. :mokken:

Awe where did you get all those from? I love the big one and the picture on the wall :)

The only thing I have that is FF7 related besides the game and movie is a bootlegged Cloud pillow. I'm trying to find another good music video. The one I loved had it's track removed due to copy right reasons :(

The wonderful world of ebay is a... wonderful thing. :monster:

The Aerith figs are fairly cheap at around 30 bucks, but the statue is a around 70 bucks now these days.. My boyfriend broke one of the bows in her braid. ;-;

I wouldn't spend over $20 on a figure. :mokken: Too much money for a toy, if you ask me.

They're not toys, they're collectibles D=<

Mind you, I paid £40 for my Cloud and Aerith figures (20 each) and I thought that was scandalous xD

Back