Will Ferrell Movies...

Moogles

Tauros and Probopass <3
Veteran
Gil
...SUCK. I hate that guy. For the life of me, I can't understand how people can enjoy that guy and his crappy movies. Watching Elf made me a dumber person. Seriously.

Feelings on Will Ferrell and his movies?

You're not alone. I honestly don't find him funny either. I know a lot of people do, and I just cannot comprehend why. I started to think that maybe it's just my oh-so-low-sense-of-humor kickin' it up a notch again, but no...I find many actors and actresses hilarious. Just not Will Ferrell.

Not true, sir! Will Ferrell's mere presence ruins movies! Except Wedding Crashers. It shames me to admit that Will Ferrell was funny in that one. He only played a supporting role, though.

Random sport + Will Ferrell = Shitfest movie worth millions.

Oh, thank god someone FINALLY agrees with me. I swear, every person I've come across absolutely ADORES Will Ferrell movies. Honestly, I don't find any of them funny, and they all seem to be the same to me. I hate the actor, the nature of the movies, the jokes... everything. Well, maybe not hate, but heavily dislike. I generally despise comedy movies in general, but his movies take the cake.

I just find his humor to be horribly mediocre. I'd much rather watch Carlos Mencia do stand-up, and that's saying something.

Phew. I'm glad some of you guys don't care for him. I was afraid I'd get heavily outnumbered by Will Ferrell fans. Happens most everywhere else.

It confuses me to no end. Will Ferrell isn't talented. He isn't funny. He isn't entertaining. He isn't even pleasant to look at. There is ZERO reason for him to be on our television screens...unless our society consists solely of people who enjoy watching hideous, untalented, unfunny people get rich off poor movies.

At least Semi Pro didn't do well at the box office. Maybe people are seeing the light.

Eek, I actually found his extra role in Wedding Crashers annoying. They really could've done the movie without him, but that's just me.

Actually, there's one where I kinda found him funny in. It's not a movie, but merely a comedic act in one of those MTV awards thing that they do each year. I'm talking about the Matrix spoof one (2003), where they had Justin Timberlake and Seann William Scott. Ferrell did pretty well there, saying random things and all. It actually made me laugh a little.

I like some movies that Will Ferrell is in, but I tend to hate all Will Ferrell Movies.

I mean seriously... I'd rather watch Star Trek.

picardfinger.jpg

GTFO!

ok ok most are pretty poor but Anchorman and the like are class.

Anchorman is one of my least favorites :wacky:

I like Talladega Nights alot, and I love his role as Federal Wildlife Marshal in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.....but aside from those roles, I really don't care for the guy. He's loud, obnoxious and a dumbass. Ugh, and have any of you seen his commercials for Apple? Further proof that Apple targets idiots when they market their crap.

There's a misconception held by many people that will ferrell himself is funny. Movie makers also labour this misapprehension. Thus we have unfunny will ferrell movies.

I think he can be funny and he can act. Talladega nights, for example, he wasn't the likeable guy he normally is, but an arrogant obnoxious guy, and he does that quite well. Old school I also like and he is quite good in.

It's when Will ferrell is to be the main actor providing humour that I think his movies tend to be unfunny.

I don't think Will Ferrell is the funniest of people, but I do think he can be funny. I like Tallageda nights and some other movies he's been in, although they're not my favourite movies.

I don't really like a lot of Will Ferrell movies, he can be a bit... too much, or OTT.

Saying that though, I LOVED Elf, I thought it was brilliant. XD I think it's roles like that where his over-the-top acting is perfect for the role. Buddy the Elf still gets me. Yes, it's stupid but I can't help but laugh when he is running around New York and screaming 'SANTA!!!' :wacky:

I also liked Anchorman, I thought it was great. Although I think that was more down to performances like Steve Carell's, who was brilliant as Brick. XD Will Ferrell wasn't my favourite actor in that film, I thought the others were better, but I still liked it. He was good at playing Ron Burgundy, he got the character just right.

I actually like his movies. =)

He's pretty funny in my eyes.

Steve and I loved him in Step Brothers and Elf.

He was also pretty funny in Stranger than Fiction.

'Who said Harold counts brush strokes! :gasp:'

Loved him in Blades of Glory as well. XD

He's a good actor and although not the funniest, he's definitely good for a good laugh.

Last edited:
I can't stand Will Ferrel in general. His acting style, his movies. They're just repulsive. He sort insists upon his humor. I mean, I guess over-acting is funny to some people like pretending that you're crying at moments that aren't that serious. It's also the fact that he does the exact same shit in every movie that he's in. He says random crap, then (like I just mentioned) something completely unimportant happens and then he gets emotional and starts screaming even more random crap but now he does it in a higher-pitched, whiny voice and then throws a temper tantrum. Seriously, he does it in every movie I've seen him in (mind you my opinion is probably void due to the fact that I try and avoid his movies and every occasion) and I just find it really annoying. I've been accused of saying random things but that's mostly just online when I get hyper but you don't see me making a career out of it. The only thing he did that I ever actually cracked up at was the Matrix spoof they did for the MTV Awards back when Reloaded came out and he played the architect. That's it.

The only movie I liked with him in it was A Night At the Roxbury. Was the first Ferrel film I seen and is the only one I like. Elf is cute and comical, but the rest are dire IMO. Anchorman was such a shitty movie and I cant understand the hype it still gets. It was too painful to watch for me. Ive not bothered with any other of his films, Id rather do something constructive with my time and have a crap lol.

Clearly none of y-

He was also pretty funny in Stranger than Fiction.

Clearly most of you have not seen Stranger Than Fiction. I've seen several Will Ferrell movies and most of them tend to be low-brow slapstick, which can be hilarious, but it has to depend on your mood IMO. Not the case with this one.

Stranger Than Fiction is funny, but it's more funny in the cute/oddball sense; not the embarrassing public situation sense that his other movies are.

"I brought you flours..."

All of you need to watch it :)

Back