Which Final Fantasy have you NOT beat?

Gil
Red Mage
Monk
Black Mage
White Mage
Warrior
For me it's Final Fantasy II and V.

I have tried so many times but it's just not happened. I end up getting bored or sidetracked. Hell III is a slog too but that at least was all I had to play at the time on my DS. I have made myself a promise though that I'm finally going to beat them when and if the pixel remasters come to consoles.

Also I haven't beat XI or XIV but...those don't quite count. Although in XIV I AM way behind as I'm only past Heavensward.

How about everyone else?

Reactions: Six
I guess I am the imposter among us.

I've not played a lot of the old school Final Fantasies to begin with. I started at 7 years old with FFVII, and I've not really looked back since. My mom was/is a big gamer as well, so I mostly watched her sift through these FF games from VII onwards. VIII I keep replaying but get bored / sidetracked and don't finish it, same with IX... I've seen all them played by her though, but I guess that doesn't count... Technically.

X & X-2 are really just not my cup of tea.

I'm not gonna count 11, 12 same as VIII & IX 🙈 XIII - never played it, kinda similar to X, just doesn't seem like my cup of tea.

XIV I'm done with Endwalker but not caught up on the latest patches due to my real life situation that kinda screwed things over in January.

I am planning on getting to actually beating some of these myself, just, you know... effort. :wacky: I am a bit of a snob as VII graphics back in the day spoiled me and anything before that just wasn't good enough. Which is even more true today, it's just hard to get into games like that for me graphics wise. :lew:

I guess I am the imposter among us.

I've not played a lot of the old school Final Fantasies to begin with. I started at 7 years old with FFVII, and I've not really looked back since. My mom was/is a big gamer as well, so I mostly watched her sift through these FF games from VII onwards. VIII I keep replaying but get bored / sidetracked and don't finish it, same with IX... I've seen all them played by her though, but I guess that doesn't count... Technically.

X & X-2 are really just not my cup of tea.

I'm not gonna count 11, 12 same as VIII & IX 🙈 XIII - never played it, kinda similar to X, just doesn't seem like my cup of tea.

XIV I'm done with Endwalker but not caught up on the latest patches due to my real life situation that kinda screwed things over in January.

I am planning on getting to actually beating some of these myself, just, you know... effort. :wacky: I am a bit of a snob as VII graphics back in the day spoiled me and anything before that just wasn't good enough. Which is even more true today, it's just hard to get into games like that for me graphics wise. :lew:

You do bring up a good point though. This thread is in no way about anyone gatekeeping or judging anyone's credentials as a fan.

So if anyone comes in here with that energy...just save it.

• Haha
I've been slowly working my way up over the last few years with my brother (playing our own files). I had played a lot of the FF's between VII-X, but I hadn't committed to a lot of the earlier titles until recently.

As of now, I haven't beaten FFX-2 (if that counts), FFXI, FFXII, FFXIII+, FFXIV and Type-0. I've put a few hours into the ones I mentioned, FFXII being the shortest amount of time, but I hadn't really beat any of them to the very end. I think dedicated a month to FFXI and o_O definitely not my cup of tea. I'm excited to start FFXII here very soon though!

• Wow
I've been slowly working my way up over the last few years with my brother (playing our own files). I had played a lot of the FF's between VII-X, but I hadn't committed to a lot of the earlier titles until recently.

As of now, I haven't beaten FFX-2 (if that counts), FFXI, FFXII, FFXIII+, FFXIV and Type-0. I've put a few hours into the ones I mentioned, FFXII being the shortest amount of time, but I hadn't really beat any of them to the very end. I think dedicated a month to FFXI and o_O definitely not my cup of tea. I'm excited to start FFXII here very soon though!

I feel like people having not played the original six is more and more commonplace. All the more reason those pixel remasters NEED to come out on consoles! You have a whole new generation that is going to fall in love with them if they are put on Switch!

I am trying to get around to them, I did beat Final Fantasy V last year and just very recently beat Chrono Trigger so I am getting around to some of the more classic JRPGs.
Here's the list of shame!:
Final Fantasy II - I have tried this once before but just lost enthusiasm, should try it again, the PSP port looks lovely!
Final Fantasy III - Just haven't got around to it, I'll be playing the DS 3D version on PC.
Final Fantasy XI/XIV - I don't do online games...
Final Fantasy XV's DLC - I still haven't played XV's DLC aprt from Galdious' one.I was waiting for the 2nd Season Pass to be complete but we all know how that turned south with their 2nd Anniverary of Doom! I do need to still do this, just not that motivated.

Spin Offs:
World of Final Fantasy MAXIMA DLC
- Now this I do want to try but rather jump into the DLC out of context I will reserve it for my next playthrough. Loved the original game!
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Series - Nope, I haven't played a single on. The PS4 port of the original game is junk and I haven't been inspired to play any of the others after due to not playing the original.
Final Fantasy Tactics Series - I'm not a fan of the world of Ivalaice titles, not a single one but I do like the idea of the story in the Advance games - The other hurdlle is that I don't really enjoy S-RPG's...
Final Fantasy XII: Reveant Wings - Same reason as above really...
Final Fantasy Dimensions - Looks like a very bland Monster Hunter type game with no character... just like Monster hunter :P
Final Fantasy Legend Series - Bit too old skool for me, sorry!
Final Fantasy Theatrhythm - Not really bothered about music games.
Final Fantasy The 4 Heroes of Light - Seems more Bavery Default than FF.
Stranger of Paradises: Final Fantasy Origins - Probably will get around to this eventually, just don't like Dark Souls game or Jack's horseshit attitude.
Final Fantasy Mobile Games - I don't do mobile.

I am trying to get around to them, I did beat Final Fantasy V last year and just very recently beat Chrono Trigger so I am getting around to some of the more classic JRPGs.
Here's the list of shame!:
Final Fantasy II - I have tried this once before but just lost enthusiasm, should try it again, the PSP port looks lovely!
Final Fantasy III - Just haven't got around to it, I'll be playing the DS 3D version on PC.
Final Fantasy XI/XIV - I don't do online games...
Final Fantasy XV's DLC - I still haven't played XV's DLC aprt from Galdious' one.I was waiting for the 2nd Season Pass to be complete but we all know how that turned south with their 2nd Anniverary of Doom! I do need to still do this, just not that motivated.

Spin Offs:
World of Final Fantasy MAXIMA DLC
- Now this I do want to try but rather jump into the DLC out of context I will reserve it for my next playthrough. Loved the original game!
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Series - Nope, I haven't played a single on. The PS4 port of the original game is junk and I haven't been inspired to play any of the others after due to not playing the original.
Final Fantasy Tactics Series - I'm not a fan of the world of Ivalaice titles, not a single one but I do like the idea of the story in the Advance games - The other hurdlle is that I don't really enjoy S-RPG's...
Final Fantasy XII: Reveant Wings - Same reason as above really...
Final Fantasy Dimensions - Looks like a very bland Monster Hunter type game with no character... just like Monster hunter :P
Final Fantasy Legend Series - Bit too old skool for me, sorry!
Final Fantasy Theatrhythm - Not really bothered about music games.
Final Fantasy The 4 Heroes of Light - Seems more Bavery Default than FF.
Stranger of Paradises: Final Fantasy Origins - Probably will get around to this eventually, just don't like Dark Souls game or Jack's horseshit attitude.
Final Fantasy Mobile Games - I don't do mobile.

Sounds like you beat Mystic Quest though! :cool::cool::cool:

1654067515365.png

I have played Adventure onf Mana on the Vita... Which from my brief research see that it is a long distant remake of MQ after it has already been remade on GBA as Sword of Mana... So I'm going to take that as a yes :grin:
1654067727513.png

Last edited:
View attachment 12135
I have played Adventure onf Mana on the Vita... Which from my brief research see that it is a long distant remake of MQ after it has already been remade on GBA as Sword of Mana... So I'm going to take that as a yes :grin:
View attachment 12136
Mystic Quest is the European name for Final Fantasy Adventure. The Mystic Quest most people are thinking of is this one:

Final_Fantasy_Mystic_US_boxart.jpg

View attachment 12135
View attachment 12136

Mystic Quest is the European name for Final Fantasy Adventure. The Mystic Quest most people are thinking of is this one:

Final_Fantasy_Mystic_US_boxart.jpg

HAHA...they made things so confusing back in those days. But yes, I meant that sweet lovely SNES experience. Mystic Quest...now you're playing with power!!

Back