The story within FFX!

So besides that bit about the Taj Mahal everything in FFX was inspired by Christianity? :hmmm:

That shit cray. I think the Pharoahe thing might be a little bit of a stretch tho.

This was certainly an interesting read and I commend you and your brother for putting this together! It would be interesting to ask whether or not the similarities were intentional.

I had always thought of Jesus when Yuna walks on the water, the sin in Christianity when Sin's name is mentioned and Jesus' sacrifice when the characters say men must 'atone for their sins.' Sin as the whale is the most intriguing, as is the possible source for Anima's design, which I've never taken the time to look at in detail.

I personally feel that Yuna and her Guardians are more akin to pilgrims who made pilgrimages to religious destinations, like Bethelehem, to cleanse their souls and heal wounds. However,
SPOILER FOR FFX'S ENDING
Yuna does intend to sacrifice herself for the sake of peace, which could link to Jesus on the cross.
One wonders whether the Christian language is as present in the Japanese script.

I certainly think they've used some Christian imagery, which was perhaps linked with stories from other faiths. I believe Jesus wasn't the only one to walk on water. :hmmm:

This makes for some more interesting reading:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.198919-Religion-in-Final-Fantasy-X

Back