The Mars Volta

Good band, but the albums they've put out after De-Loused in the Comatorium have kind of sucked. It's like after De-loused they experimented just for the sake of altering their sound and being too different.

If you say Francis The mute was their best album then you are just a bandwagon fan and i will hate you forever.

I agree that De-loused was their best album. But i still like their other shit too.
Here is my list of what i thought was best, number 1 being the best:
1.Deloused
2.Octahedron
3.Frances the Mute(which is beautiful! although the parts that are just fucking noise for 4 minutes is annoying....)
4.Tremulant EP
5. Bedlam In Goliath
6.Amputechture
I love them all, so much.

When you listen to Deloused, do you try to listen to the whole thing all the way? I find thats the best way to absorb the awesomness. My favorite song on Deloused is probably Eriatarka.

To put it shortly, Deloused is the shit, but although their other stuff is different, its still good too.

I can't not listen to De-Loused all the way. Omar Rodriguez also has done some side work with his own band that's actually been pretty good.

I know, but i have not looked into it. Cedric does vocals for some of his songs i hear...but i believe they are mostly instrumental right?
I remember seeing a buffalo.....

I have Deloused which is very good but have steered clear of their other stuff for the most part as I have heard mixed reports. A shame if so as I think they could be fantastic if they harnessed their energies in the right fashion.

I'm not sure if they are really my kind of thing. I've only listened to De-loused in the Comatorium and I do enjoy it but there are a few things about it which turn me off, one specific thing which annoys me is that really long pause in the middle of Cicatriz Esp.

My favourite tracks from De-loused are: Inertiatic ESP, Roulette Dares, Eriatarka and Cicatriz Esp.

I sometimes find it hard to tell when one song ends and another begins hence why I only listen to the album all the way through. I don't hate them, but they certainly aren't my favourite band, I think De-loused is good for background music.

I love roulette dares. But come on people, what about Take the Veil Cerpin Taxt?

Fact: Deloused in the Comatorium was a concept album. The songs were written about a friend of the band who was in a coma due to drug usage. The songs are supposed to be a representation of what the friend was dreaming while in a coma. The friend eventually died by running out in the street from the hospital and getting hit by a car or something to that effect. The song Televators is supposed to represent when Cerpin Taxt(the friend of the band) dies. Watch the video and you may see a connection.

Bumped.

Since I my last post I've been listening to them a fair bit and I like them a lot more now. I saw them live a few months ago and they were fucking brilliant. De-loused is my favorite album of their's but I love Bedlam in Goliath too.

Started listening to them a few months ago on advice from a friend, and they're fast becoming one of my favourite bands. Like a few people have said the only way to listen to De-Loused is all the way through though it wanes a bit after 'Televators' and 'Take The Veil Cerpin Taxt' near the end. Currently I cannot atop listening to Luciforms on Octahedron, it is simply godly, Omar's voice at the 2:11 is untouchable

Back