Tech Stupid computer clock is 3 hours behind

Dragon Mage

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
And it's annoying.

And I want to fix it.

It's on the right time zone and everything (Eastern/Central) but it is STILL -- to the second -- 3 hours behind.

Ideas?

Computer is a Laptop, with Windows Vista. Even waiting for an update online doesn't set it right.

>Windows Vista

Well, there's your problem. :hmph:

Try setting your timer to the internet time. (I forget what the option is called) As long as your computer is connected to the internet, the time will always be right. :grin:

Dear Doctor,

IT IS THE RIGHT TIME.

:mokken:

I said that in the first post. It IS set to the right time, my time zone, yet it is 3 hours behind nonetheless. THAT is why I made this thread. :oy:

Double click it and set it to the right time I believe. O_O I think I have Vista anyway. If not you can like...delete this post.

I have double clicked and set it to the right time. I've made sure the time zone is correct and have even manually changed the time. It just resets. :(

Doctor, I dare say you have earned a Captain Obvious award. <_<

Did you check the BIOS? That's the motherboard controlled clock, which might be overriding your Vista clock.

The BIOS is that screen you get to when you initially boot your computer (and it tells you to press F1 or Tab in some cases). In that control panel, you should be able to change the time somewhere on there, its usually on the home screen. See if that fixes your issue. Maybe for good measure you'll have to change the Vista clock one more time, then you'll hopefully be good.

I don't know Vista myself, so I'm just throwing a guess out there on how to change it. I might be totally off. Best of luck!

So you're saying that no matter what you do, the clock defaults to a time that's three hours behind your actual time? That's certainly an odd problem.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic...your first few posts are a bit ambiguous as to the nature of the actual problem. It sounds as if you're saying (at least initially) "it's the right time but it isn't the right time" not "I can't set it to the right time".

Perhaps try tricking the computer and setting it to a different time zone that's three hours behind? I know it won't be the right time zone but at least the time will be correct.

It's the right time zone, but despite that, it is still the wrong actual TIME -- 3 hours behind my own zone.

BTW, it's already set to internet time and was successfully synchronized 4 four days ago with microsoft clock update or whatever.

So, Ness -- yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. It's always three hours behind my time zone, even though it's set for the correct time zone and everything.

Dirty Harry: I tried what you suggested, but no such luck. D: It'll be good for as long as the computer is open and on. But when I shut it, and then open it up again -- boom, it's back to being 3 hours behind.

I may have to do what Ness said and just set it for a time zone that's three hours ahead at this rate. Anyone know what time zone is three hours ahead of Eastern/Central? (USA)

Aight! :rage: I'll do it, then! For some reason, it kept defaulting to Pacific Time, when I'm on the other side of the continent, so I disabled the internet time. :wacky: Maybe that'll work. If not, I'll be back in this thread to bitch. 83

Thanks everyone for your help~ ^_^

Back