Help Self attack question

PaddyVu

Gil
FFXIV
PaddyVu
FFXIV Server
Chocobo
I'm new to this game, so cloud accident killed tifa with magic attack that should be on enemy,any point of attacking allies? Why dev make that available?

Depends, either you accidentally selected your own party, or an enemy cast confused on you.

Being able to control who you enter battle with alive can be useful in certain battles. I assume that’s why the developers added it to the game.

The cursor may have accidently gone onto Tifa whilst you were selecting. It happens. I've noticed the button sensitivity of the PSN port to be rather annoying. So many times I've accidentally targeted a character I didn't want to, or end up in a different menu screen than what I wanted.

As for why it's even an option to target your characters with offensive; Sometimes you may want to hit them. If they are confused (or stuck in a pyramid) you may want to hit them with a physical attack yourself. If you have reflect up you may want to target a spell onto your characters so that it bounces back to an enemy with reflect also up. You may want to kill off a character temporarily, or have them at certain health levels. These are just a few situations of many why you may want to target your own party.

I’d take a whack at my teammates at times too if I wanted my Limit Break to go up faster when they took damage. Most of the time when I do it it’s accidental, but mostly it was to either set them over the edge for their Limit Break or like Prince Oberyn said, to unconfuse your allies.

Back