RPG Inferno is now open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, two attack types have been added to the Messenger's Shop. One for the Sword item class, and one for the Broadsword and Greatsword item classes.

Now to work on my areas, I'm just going to do as much as I can until the deadline. :monster: Koloth probably has a set point to end on for the week of areas he makes up. :P

Hey wait a minute. I said I was making an attack for greatsword and broadsword. Can't have two attack types for the same weapon. Time to bring out the evil chicken.

Koloth, any advice on an area to train were I can get more than 1 exp? If I am to reach LV 35 I need like...43 battles. :sad3:

Thanks for the attack type but....30 combat? Dual wielders got an attack type to begin with with no requirement and another one given as a reward for beating Tonberry (which was only beneficial to...well dual wielders). It seems I won't be using attack types in like...8 levels....-__-

Last edited:
If you dual wield until then, you gain Combat Skill Levels very fast really, I had hundreds of level ups for that skill in many of the past RPGs, shouldn't be too rough. :hmmm:

Last edited:
Why did he remove Braver? I had already mastered it and it was going great. I don't use swords which means it's back to dual wielding :ffs:

Instead of discouraging dual wielding, you have just incouraged it. Nice work -_-

If you dual wield until then, you gain Combat Skill Levels very fast really, I had hundreds of level ups for that skill in many of the past RPGs, shouldn't be too rough. :hmmm:

That's what I don't want to do. I want to stick with my class. Most warrior I've seen are using gloves because they do not have an option (which shouldn't be the case to be honest). :mokken:

Also what's the difference *RPG terms* between Broadswords and Greatswords if they are basically, the same...item class? :wacky:

Some things like item class bonuses or attack types may end up being usable for one of those but not the other. I thought what Cloud uses is a Greatsword, but Sean says it is a Broadsword... :hmmm:

I think it's actually a Zweihander :hmmm: may be wrong though.

Broadsword I doubt though, a sword of Buster Sword size would be too large to be labelled a Broadsword imo :hmmm:

There actually is not much difference between Greatsword and Broadsword. Shouldn't be anyway. As for the attack type, I had discussed with Bolt, that I planned to add an attack for 2h weapons in my area. Before he chose to just add it in an already released area. It was a misunderstanding.

I am also planning to add an attack that covers all weapons. I do not understand why one wasn't added earlier. Sorry for the oversight.

I think it's actually a Zweihander :hmmm: may be wrong though.

Broadsword I doubt though, a sword of Buster Sword size would be too large to be labelled a Broadsword imo :hmmm:

The wiki labeled it as a broadsword, saying that it may be more related to a broadsword :hmmm: It is too big to be a broadsword, but is a little way from a Zweihander :hmmm:

I hope Koloth finishes soon :sad3:

Julius can confirm for me, but I think Zweihander is in the 'greatsword' family, just a specific type :hmmm:

Edit: Ah, I see. Well doesn't matter too much at any rate :wacky:

I apologize for these oversights, yes there should have been a general attack type for the weapons to begin with, sorry it has gone this long without, it was a careless mistake.

Just been pushing myself pretty hard with this, and as much as I enjoy working on it, it can certainly be stressful at times, I'm sorry I let it get to me though, I am going to be strong and just try do my best...

I thought Zweihander was a specific sword, not a type of sword. :gasp: I need to get my sword knowledge straightened out here. X_x
Zweihander is another name, synonym of bihander which means double hand swords. :wacky:

It's like a glorified named for Large Swords. Now the Japanese horse killer swords were not for close combat, but only to cut the legs of horses when the enemies came by. They drastically reduce mobility, hence its limited use.

New attack type added in Tifa's Tonberry Store. Thie is for all weapons, other than duel weld. My special attack type for 2h swords will be in my new area.

Btw. Broadswords are guite large. Being 6ft + in length and weighing almost 100 lbs. Checkout some of the old Scottish Broadswords. Huge things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back