Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
Ms. Marvel has its first trailer.

I'm not a fan of the teeny aesthetics of the first half of the trailer, but I suppose that'll just be the world as she sees it (probably a few scenes per episode, or whatever?). Whereas the second half of the trailer is much more interesting and fits the rest of the MCU. If the show itself is more like the second half of the trailer than the first then that would be preferable for me! :thehead:

In any case, I like the use of the Weeknd in this trailer.

Blinding Lights is a winner of a song of course but otherwise, I feel a little bit of a cheap aspect to this trailer?

the Marvel shows have, for the most part, had some budget constraints you obviously wouldn't get for the films but I felt like it was a little more noticeable here.

The trailer does feel like rather average teen fanfare - really not targeted at me, which is cool. I can see Kamala being a good character to work from and bring into the centre of the MCU - especially when she was so important in The Avengers video game too.

My friends whom are major Marvel heads (I really only know Spider-Man) have been saying that the fact they've changed her powers, and their source, has turned them off - in the comics, Kamala can stretch akin to Mr Fantastic instead of Green Lanterning around the place. Here's a link to some of the "comments": https://thedirect.com/article/mcu-ms-marvel-powers-change-trailer They were never going to touch Inhumans again when it was the only "true" Marvel bomb so I get that part.

Overall, I'm not too interested. I struggled to get through most of the Marvel shows that've been released. I found Shang Chi and Black Widow very forgetable; Eternals tried something new and is different enough for a re-watch. Spider-Man NWH has been the only "winner" for me, Marvel wise, since Endgame.

For me, Spider-Man: No Way Home really did raise the bar. I loved that film and keep forgetting to post about that here. Will do soon.

I wasn't too fussed with Eternals, but I appreciate some of the things it is setting up.

The Marvel shows have ranged from okay to great for the most part, but my favourite by far has been Wandavision. That was very special to me, and I plan to rewatch it soon. It was a refreshing surprise.

I'm definitely not a fan of the teeny vibes of aspects of this trailer for Ms Marvel, for sure. But there were aspects of the second half of the trailer which could be cool, or it could just be The Weeknd carrying those parts entirely and that without that song those moments could suck!

My friends whom are major Marvel heads (I really only know Spider-Man) have been saying that the fact they've changed her powers, and their source, has turned them off - in the comics, Kamala can stretch akin to Mr Fantastic instead of Green Lanterning around the place. Here's a link to some of the "comments": https://thedirect.com/article/mcu-ms-marvel-powers-change-trailer They were never going to touch Inhumans again when it was the only "true" Marvel bomb so I get that part.

I'm not super familiar with the character, but yeah she is one of a handful of character who can stretch and do weird things with stretchy powers. I get why people would be annoyed, but I also sort of understand the MCU logic here. They are presenting MCU's Ms Marvel as a fan of Captain Marvel, and developing cosmic powers along those lines (which itself is an indirect nod/reworking at the Inhumans, I suppose). The stretchy aspects can remain, but they'll be accompanied with a glowy, cosmic energy (like her expanded, glowy fist in this trailer).
Also, with the Fantastic Four now owned by Disney/Marvel, and plans to bring the Fantastic Four into the MCU are in place, they likely want to keep the introduction of 'stretchy people' for Reed Richards. If they didn't, he might have less impact.

As for the Inhumans, I never watched the Inhumans show (because it bombed), but there were aspects of the Agents of Shield series which also dealt with Inhumans. It wasn't perfect at all, but it was definitely a watchable show and only grew stronger as it went on. But they made some characters Inhumans who would have otherwise been mutants (had the X-men been allowed to exist within the MCU), so they were once heading down the route of using the Inhumans for a lot.
They could have continued down the Inhumans angle if they wanted to save the name from the other series which dragged it into the mud, but I guess they don't want to!

Back