food you learnt to love

I used to hate pretty much all vegetables and now I love them all.

I was very fussy about fruit but now choose all sorts of fruit when I snack.

The first time I saw lentils, I actually screamed at my mum because she wanted me to eat them and hid behind the sofa for about 10 minutes. She managed to persuade me to eat them, though, and I have been enjoying them ever since!

I used to dislike plain yogurt but now prefer it to sweetened.

I normally try everything that I don't like every year or so to see if I still dislike something. I usually still do. Onions I never used to like until I realised that they were quite nice and made a lot of foods taste a lot better. Beer as well, I didn't like it much when I was about 12-14 until I realised I could never be a man if I didn't like beer. So I kept drinking it until I grew to like it. Now I like it too much, on a hot summer's day I can drink 12 bottles, which is quite expensive for one day.

Spring onions: Never liked them in crepes initially, but later on I loved them and would never pick them out.

Anything spicy: Back then, I would avoid spicy stuff like a plague. I could not even withstand things that are spicy and as a result I would spit it out. Now, I love spicy stuff to a point where I add chilli sauce on spciy food.

Beers another good one actually. I think its something you jsut grow into though. As a kid i hated the stuff with a passion but now its quite the opposite.

I use to hate the fuck out of red meat. I do not know why, but when I was a kid, anything that was not cheese pizza or ham and cheese sandwiches was my mortal enemy. However, now I give everything a definite try and then I decide that I love it or not.

also, jalapeno's are one food that I learned to love. :lew:

Brussel sprouts. I used to hate them so bad when I was. :lew: I remember throwing a fit if my mom was making them and I had to eat them as my veggies for the night. Blegh. Now, I love them. I'm a big fan of veggies.

Brocolli is another one of them, my sister had me over for dinner quite a lot when I was younger, and they were the ones that ate healthy, unlike what why mom likes and made. I refused to try it, but she kept pushing and I hated it. It was actually a few years ago that I tried it again and it's as awesome as cauliflower.

Butter, beer, and peanut butter I still dislike to this day though. :sick:

Back