Finished the game, awesome

Paradoxum

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
I first saw FFXIII when a friend brought his PS3 over to my house with it and showed me it, he had just gotten to the area with the tortoises or whatever they're called and was showing me the game, he hated it, and didn't seem to actually know anything about it.. I was asking him stuff like, what's a fal'cie, what's a l'cie, what's that big round thing floating in the sky? and he just had no idea, I don't think he paid any attention to the story whatsoever. it seemed like he did his best to convince me that it sucked, and it really put me off playing it.

but a few weeks later I got a new 32" HDTV and wanted a console to play on it, so I picked up a PS3 Slim with FFXIII and got to playing...I was suprised it wasn't as bad as I had first thought. the linearity was fine by me, I think it only *seems* awfully linear because of one thing: the minimap. if you couldn't see that you were going in a straight line on the minimap, it probably wouldn't feel like that running around the map, not as much anyway.

the battle system was dull at first too, mostly just mashing X to auto battle, but after a while they get harder and you gotta switch it up with paradigm shifting etc. summons were pretty useless though, they should have stuck with the traditional *use summon, summon appears, does a ton of damage, flies away* than what they did in XIII. but I guess they looked awesome. plus you could only use the party leaders summon.. which means the only one I ever even saw was Odin outside of the gestalt battles.

aaaaanyway I finished it last night and the closing cinematic just gave me epic goosebumps, I think XIII might be my new favourite game/FF, which was probably FF7 before now.

It's nice to see that someone else really enjoyed XIII.

Personally, I thought it was great. One of the biggest complaints of XII was no character interaction, or cutscenes, which is something XIII rectified. I actually cared about these characters and the storyline. The ending of Chapter 8, for instance, is one of the most powerful scenes in the series, imo. I actually gasped out loud the first time I played it.

While I don't think it's the best Final Fantasy, I don't think it deserves the criticism it's been getting. I think some people went in with overly high expectations, and therefore, feel disappointed.

I'm just glad to see someone else actually likes the game xD

Woot finally someon not hating XIII. :awesome: I loved it and I had goosebumps on the ending cutscenes too. I was sad to see vanille dead though. I do agree that the story isn't that great and not for everyone but I really enjoyed it, especially vanilles serious scenes and lightning and Sarah. I thought it had great character development and that's one of the main things I look for.

Another person who enjoyed FFXIII right here :monster:

Your post was refreshing from all the hate threads I keep seeing pop up since I enjoyed the game quite a bit and agree with pretty much all your points.

If people didn't like FFXIII, fine, but I'm more annoyed at how often people have to go on spouting how much they dislike it. Not to mention I find half the complaints to be rather superficial, but maybe I'm not a true FF fan -_-

Woot finally someon not hating XIII. :awesome: I loved it and I had goosebumps on the ending cutscenes too. I was sad to see vanille dead though. I do agree that the story isn't that great and not for everyone but I really enjoyed it, especially vanilles serious scenes and lightning and Sarah. I thought it had great character development and that's one of the main things I look for.

nooo they're not dead! just temporarily in Crystal form - again :P they'll come out of it again in another couple hundred years hehe

YES! A lover! It is always great to see them.

I must put in my 2 cents on why I loved the game now, saves starting a new thread like I was intending on doing.

I didn't feel like I was playing a Final Fantasy game when i was playing this. I felt like I was playing a game on it's own. Something special that sticks out and I loved that. I hate feeling like I am playing a Final Fantasy game, I already have played that right? I want a new experience! Thats why I am all for the changes they have done lately such as a political plot (FF12) and gameplay changes (FF12 and 13).

The plot was brilliant imo. I cried at various points and I also jumped of my bed at many times with the epicness.
The voice acting had be adoring every sound that came out of every characters mouths.
The world had me amazed. There were some maps that made me just stop moving and stare with admiration.
As much as I missed some of the traditional music, the new music was amazing. I love the new battle music but it was lacking an awesome victory tune.
As much as I don't like how you are healed afterwards I do love how they made even simple battles a fair bit more difficult that you would expect.
Some of the dialouge and the way they actually showed many of the scenes amazed me.

Eh, thats all for now. But yeah, I love FF13!

Back