Final Fantasy VII: Sequel.

Would you like a FFVII Sequel?

• Total voters

Rezonate

!!!
Gil
Hi, Eternity here, I was just thinking about something. About what if there was a FF VII Sequel. Something where Cloud gets behind the wheel again and takes the place of main character. I am sure SE could think of some plot idea that would work. Speaking realisticly if there was a sequel I couldn't see it even being annouced till like 2011. Why? you might ask: The reason is because as you all know SE is working on FF XIII, FFV XIII and FF XIII Agito. And Nomura stated that after the FF XIII's were done he would start focusing on the KH's series again. Now I am sure atleast a handful of you know SE is working on 3 new KH's games called Birth By Sleep, 358/2 Days, and Coded. I saw SE new's things saying BBS would ship before it turned 2009(for JPN)
Now just speculation here but I could see maybe then summer 2009 for BBS in the US. Assuming the other games will already be out as Nomura said BBS would probably be released last. Now you are probably thinking what does this have to do with a Sequel to FF VII?

It has to do because of the timing of when it would be annouced. Why so late as 2011? The answer is because as I stated above Nomura said after FF he would be focusing on KH's again. But 3 new games have already come out what else is there? you ask. This is where the continuation of Sora's adventure continues. I dont know that, that is what it would be but it is safe to assume that would be it. See, people expected the continuation of Soras adventure much sooner than it is turning out to be. It's like they expected another Sora game and got the 3 new games instead. But it's not like these games are just filler so SE can have some time to think up ideas for Soras next adventure. No the new games I believe are basicly answering a bunch of questions that were created with the previous games and maybe even setting up for the next game after those. I think Soras next game will be annouced most likely in 2009 or something.

Sorry about that lol, but it the branching off way off the original topic to another topic was to explain stuff that is needed to know about the first topic. I broke it up so it wouldn't burn your eyes. Okay back on topic.

Yes there is more XD

If SE began making making the next Kh's game in 2009 it would give them two years to make it so then it would come out in earily 2011 then while fans are still in the hype of the KH's game SE annouces the Sequel to FFVII featuring Cloud as the main character. Then typical SE waits for like 6 months without any sort of news relating to the game whatsoever then they release tidbits of info at the E3 then finally the TGS comes around and they release a bucket full of news things like:

-The System-
The Name-
The Story-

aND then they have a Closed Mega Theater trailer that gets leaked in the US like a year later and by that time SE has already released another trailer in JPN you know the drill lol.

Okay tell me what you guys think.

Last edited:
FFVII already had a sequel: Advent Children ;) (Though I guess you could count Dirge of Cerebus)

No I really hope there is no more FFVII games, movies, TV series, whatever...

Really the game has lost most of it's appeal for me because of half the crap that they are releasing with it. It's gotten to the point that even the most minor characters are suddenly major characters and have to have their own games. And they completely ruined the ambiguity of the ending. :(

FVII has squeles and prequels, what REALLY people want is a remake.

Hmmm I suppose what I ment was a game where Cloud was the main characrer again not exactly a sequel. I suppose I should have said that.

Ew no, there was already a sequel in Advent Children playable or not it was still a sequel with Cloud as the main character, I 'm pretty sure SE could think of something, but chances are it would just be rubbish. I fail to see what else could be covered although tbh, I wouldn't rule it out or be shocked if they did do another game

I'd just rather they didn't bother :monster:

Hi, Eternity here, I was just thinking about something. About what if there was a FF VII Sequel. Something where Cloud gets behind the wheel again and takes the place of main character. I am sure SE could think of some plot idea that would work.

I think your post should have stopped right there. :monster:

And like everyone else has said, FF VII already has sequels really and Cloud was the main character in Advent Children. Quite frankly, I think FF VII has been done to death. I can't even play the original anymore I'm so sick of it. So no, for the love of all that is good and holy, no more FF VII games.

aw shit this for a sequel i thought this was for a remake so i said yes
man i feel like an idiot

No...more...sequels. I'm actually starting to HATE FFVII after all the crap they released. They couldn't have just left it alone and kept it as the great game it was, but now...it's practically dead to me. So no, I dont want to see another sequel/prequel or another "This is what happened while Cloud and the gang were going after Sephiroth..." game/movie/anime...EVER!...unless it's a remake!

Wow, what a very insightful thread you've made. You spent two paragraphs informing us of all the upcoming SE titles. And your poll option "Wow! this seems very well thought out!,Nice job, and I would love a sequel" strikes me as slightly conceited. It's as if you're expecting us to commend you on making a pointless thread telling us things we already knew.

And what, pray tell, do you think we're going to think is well thought out? That you told us about all their upcoming releases? That you figured out it would take them a long time to get to anything else VII-related because they're so busy? It doesn't take alot to figure that out.

Now as for a VII sequel, I think we've had enough of that. There was already Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus, and since Crisis Core has come out pretty much all the loose ends have been tied up. I doubt they'll be doing anything else for a good while, and they're more likely to do a remake of VII than make a third sequel.

No. Freakin. Way.

If it was a remake, fine.
but no more bloody different story's in the same world with the same charachters. Id SE DOES do this.. ill throw eggs at them.

The original game was enough.
although i do love Crisis Core :gasp:

I can see a sequel to DoC personally.

There is a poetry loving villain in red leather that has not been fully explored.

Personally, I don't see the need to point of making it, but it would irk me more that they hinted at a continuation to the story and not go through with it. I'll keep an open mind and hope for the best.

Oh, come on, guys. Don't be too hard on the poor guy. Everyone has to start somewhere. Why, my first wall of text wasn't exactly a work of genius, either. You may turn the kid off to the forum experience altogether. Anyway, you're correct in assuming that, no, the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII is not over yet. Apparently, it's going to continue on for another ten years or so, or until FFVII's twentieth anniversary. I can't remember where I read that or even if it's entirely correct, but I most certainly do remember hearing that the Compilation is not over. However, that being said, nothing is being planned at the moment. Square-Enix is far too preoccupied with other projects. In fact, adding another project to their list of games they're working on at the moment would be nothing short of ridiculous. They're already biting off more than they can chew, so to speak, so I'm afraid nothing is in the works at the moment. Nomura even said that a remake alone would probably take about five years to create, not to mention it would further delay the things that everyone is really waiting for, such as Final Fantasy XIII.

Anyway, that's not to say that I'm neccessarily happy about the fact that the Compilation is continuing. Don't get me wrong, Final Fantasy VII is one of my favorite RPGs of all time as well as my second favorite game in the Final Fantasy series (trailing behind FFIX and just ahead of VI), but Square Enix has been whoring it far too much. The only entry in the Compilation so far that I've thoroughly enjoyed was Crisis Core, which I feel did a pretty good job of capturing the original FFVII spirit, even if it introduced unneccessary characters like Genesis and further destroyed the incredible character Sephiroth once had. Advent Children was pretty much just an excuse to show off Crisis AVALANCHE's cool new superhuman tricks that we never knew they had (to be fair, I can understand Cloud pulling off all those stunts. Even in the original FFVII script, it was blatantly stated that Mako enhances the physical strength of those infused with it, but Tifa? Cid? Those guys are just normal humans. They have no excuse. ANYWAY...), Dirge of Cerberus is perhaps the stiffest FPS I've ever seen whose only redeeming factor is a fairly decent plot even though the gawdawful gameplay completely overshadows it, Last Order was, at best, a below-average OVA that I wouldn't have paid any attention to if not for the fact that it featured FFVII characters, etc.

I guess the point of this unneccessarily long post (considering the point of it, anyway, it could probably be shorter, but what're you going to do?) is that yeah, the Compilation isn't over yet, so you are correct, but no, I can't honestly say that I'm very happy about it. The Compilation is tearing to shreds what was once a very high quality RPG. Hell, look at all the haters it's attracting! For a certain group of indie posers, hating on FFVII is now the new "cool thing". Granted, some of the haters are just sore because their favorite Final Fantasy wasn't the most popular Final Fantasy and others genuinely don't like FFVII, but for the most part, the Compilation has done far more bad than good. What I'm getting at here is that each new entry in the FFVII Compilation makes more people turn away from FFVII than like it, so, even though it isn't over yet, it probably should be.

Still, I'm in a pretty difficult spot, because, while I really don't want the Compilation to continue, I admit that, at this point, ending it with anything other than a sequel to FFVII would be pretty anticlimactic. Of course, by "sequel", I do mean another full-length RPG. They've already made so many spin-offs. It's only appropriate that they finish off the Compilation with an actual RPG titled "Final Fantasy VII-2". Of course, this is taking into consideration that the Compilation is going to continue regardless. If we're going to get a few more entries into the Compilation, Square-Enix might as well have it go out with a bang, right? Don't get me wrong, it probably wouldn't win RPG of the Decade or anything like that, but if we're going to get 10 more years of FFVII, I suppose I'd like it to end with a sequel or at least a remake.

FFVII was ok on its own but since the compilation began more loose-ends have been made rather than tied-up. Main one being Genesis at the end of DoC. Now it seems as if a sequel is necassary for the whole thing to come to a close. Something like Sephiroth has fully returned and plans to wipe out exsistence, with Genesis fighting against him to become a 'hero'....or some bollocks.

Advent children was the sequal that ended the story... acually advent children wasnt even need but it was awsome :P

no sequal plz... although it could def happen with the ending of dirge :S itd be something like, oh you thought Weiss was dead? no hes nt! dun dun daaa... but id rather that didnt happen

imo Dirge was unecessary, Advent Children was glamourous (and pretty sweet) but again not necessary, but Crisis Core was totally bad ass! and it didnt create some new story, it merely elaborated and amplified what we already knew.

a direct sequal? no. a remake? yes. juuust like every1 here is saying!

Nah i dont think i would like a sequal as most people are saying they should really stop putting new stuff out like DoC and AC, not saying those were bad but, they should really start working on a remake, i think theyve done it for FFs I,II,III,IV? i dont remember, but anyways, i mean sure Crisis Core was ok because it told us more about Zack, who was never really explained in FF7. But DoC? The reason i liked Vincent was he was mysterious and nobody really knew much about him. AC didnt really need to be made in my opinion... It was short and not to mention Mine was in Japanese >.<, so didnt make much sense to me xD

I think that Square Enix is most likely going to release another game into the the Compilation of FFVII, probably taking place after DoC, considering that they announced that they would work on the Compilation until 2017 (the twenty year anniversary of FFVII). The story would most likely revolve around Genesis, since he appears at the end of DoC.

That being said, if that does happen the game wouldn't come out anytime soon, most likely it would come out somewhere between 2013-17.

hmmm

well i must say even though i dont want another peice of my love striped away and turned into some weird thing (DOC AC ect) but i want to know what happens so even though i dont want to see it i guess we need to see it

but a remake would be great (for ps2 and ps3 ) that they sell more ( ps3's are really expensive and my rents dont want to buy one dammit)

but anyways

they shouldnt they will who cares most of us will buy it even if we dont want to see it

Back