Help FFXIII: Stuck near the end

Wood

ShinRa Guard
Gil
Hey, I need a little help, I have got to the
orphans cradle
and done all the platforms to get me to the next area where the Immortal is blocking the way, because I couldnt beat the immortal or the large group of dagnate and cieth I went back to Gran Pulse to train and now I cant get back to the section I was at, all I can do is go back to Gran Pulse, any ideas, Thanks, also i thougt the white angel would transport me back but it won't

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes well can some one help with that Immortal he is hard-to-kill, this is the first time i am stuck because i cant beat a monster that isnt even a boss.

I just beat him! and saw it was Unnecessary there is nothing behind,
you just have to walk around fight some monsters and beat a Boss the boss is definitely easier to kill than the Immortal.

He is a pain in the arse, there is always 1 non boss monster i can't beat in every ff, looks like he is the the 1 this time.

The place you started off in in Chapter 11 will get you back to Orphan's Cradle. it's actually marked by the destination marker on Pulse so you should be able to make it there.

I suggest you take advantage of the new Eden Pharmaceuticals you unlocked for shops. They sell all shrouds excluding Ethersol, which can be a real life-saver in the fight against the Immortal. Buffing with Aegisol and Fortisol, and getting a pre-emptive strike will allow you to stagger it before it summons the Centaurian Blade and do some serious damage. If push comes to shove (I assume Light is in your main party for this) use Army of One and switch to Commando just as she starts the attack. That'll really do damage. Hope that helped.

But, if you don't mind accepting my advice, once you do get leveled enough to beat him, POWER LEVEL!!!!!! While you're there. It's the ONLY TIME you can go to that area without replaying the whole game, or starting from previous saves. The Crystarium points that are offered from fighting those monsters is insane. I wish I had stayed there longer, instead I'm just going through the Hunt Missions trying to get 5 stars on everything, and it's really not worth it.

Thanks for the tips, although I am past that bit now, i am grinding for the final fights, getting owned by
Orphan
at the mo.

Awww.... well that's no fun. Yeah, orphan's....not nice. But yeah, my post suggested post-game play, so don't worry too much about it. lol. if you're a gamer like me, you'll get it eventually. lol. if you have to, just spam Vanille's Death Spell. :P

I assume you're on its first form. Well, Curaja is a must, and it doesn't hurt to have two Synergists and a Saboteur, or a Medic/Synergist/Saboteur Paradigm to start with. This was what really saved me in that fight, then shift to Relentless Assault. It's vulnerable to Imperil and Poison, and it can be really helpful to have those on it. Then shift to Relentless Assault, and when you have it staggered, keep attacking. Switch to Aggression when its Stagger bar is almost depleted so you can use Scourge for heavy damage.

Wait can some one still explain for what the immortal was i beat it, not easily with bar thunder and 25% lightning resistance, and there was nothing behind the door only more doors and i ended up before the immortal again...

There's about 4 treasure spheres on the other floors. But I think there is a mandatory Immortal fight later in the chapter.

Back