Help FFXIII: ?? i am a little bit confused...

Zwing

Ex-Soldier
Gil
I just beat orphan but i realy have no idea how...
i used Lightning/sazh/vanille
and staggered him with Tridisaster
when i did this i switched to Cerberus and gave him all i had.
after that i pressed R1 and saw he lost 4,200,000 HP!
after that i start to hit him randomly and another 600,000 went away.
to make sure he dint instant kill me (i had that before with 3 cherub crowns) i summoned Odin, and he died there.
what i dont get, how did i do so many damage this was the situation:
all characters had max crystarlium stage 9 in their main roles.
all characters had haste,bravery and faith
no character was using genji glove.
Orphan had Deshell, Deprotect, Imperril and slow.
my buffs gave me an advantage but i did this many times with just hitting him 2,000,000 any one got a idea how i hit him this mutch??
i was scared to die so i dint look at my hits only at my HP.

It's because Orphan is garbage as a final boss. I personally think he is the worst I have ever encountered. There were bosses that I felt were more of a challenge than him, shit there were some random encounters harder than his ass.

All the buildup, and it took maybe 5 minutes to whip his shit. It was very disappointing.

I was the same. I think that he is intended to be a pushover, as the real challenges (sort of) were the two bosses beforehand.

I think the idea behind Orphan was that he is invincible and can't take any damage until he is staggered. Once he is staggered I think his defences are very, very weak and it doesn't take much for your party to kill him. I managed to kill him before his stagger gauge went down, and I think that essentially the only issue people should have with this boss is getting him to stagger, which in itself isn't very difficult either. Even though he has a lot of health, even more I believe than any other final boss, his health is depleted very rapidly. He has no major powerful attacks to stop you either, so it should always be an easy fight.

Ehm guys i agree the most encounters are harder than him but i was talking about oprhan 1 nor orphan 2...

And I was talking about both forms of Orphan, not just #2. He's easy as shit, which is why you beat him so fast.

Argor was talking about 2, but 1 isnt easy you just need to be lucky that he doesnt instant kill you... but my question does any one know maby why i hit him so mutch this time.

Eh I found both forms to be cake. If he was staggered then you'll do massive ass damage on him. He was also deshelled, deprotected, and imperiled. If you were all ravagers, then his resistance is shitty with imperile. Hints why you did so much.

I think i already know it, evened odds was my paradigm before the stagger i think vanille gave him imperill and sazh gave an element to my weapons, than i switched to tridisaster to stagger him, and than i used cerberus with elemental weapons and he had imperill so that must be the combination that killed him...

Back