Advent Children FFVII:AC Discussion

Is it just me or why is Yazoo aim so terrible? He only hit Cloud twice. Once on Cloud's face, only his fancy glasses cracked and flew off his face. The other time he finally manage to shot Cloud at the end of the moive.
lol That happens all the time in movies (primarily action movies obviously) and action games, where you can have one guy or even a horde of guys all shooting at one target and they miss horribly or just graze them like Yazoo did. It's an attempt to make the hero look cooler when all you end up thinking is, "who the hell is training/hiring all these retards and giving them guns?"

I'm similarly disappointed with Yazoo's accuracy. Considering a gun is his primary weapon of choice... though I must say he's better suited as a close-up fighter. As far as I recall, Yazoo was the only one who didn't actually have trouble fighting Cloud at all. I suppose Loz didn't either, come to think of it.

I'm similarly disappointed with Yazoo's accuracy. Considering a gun is his primary weapon of choice... though I must say he's better suited as a close-up fighter. As far as I recall, Yazoo was the only one who didn't actually have trouble fighting Cloud at all. I suppose Loz didn't either, come to think of it.
Actually all of the three silver haired guy didn't have any problems hiting Cloud in the first half of the movie. And I really can't understand why Cloud got such a boost to his fighting skiils just because he forgived himself. I mean....if I could forgive myself and gain a boost to my pathetic abilities....hell yeah.....I will forgive myself. But then again...:D

I was referring to engaging in combat with Cloud in general, not just hitting him. Retaliating to his attacks etc.

Kadaj was the only one of the 3 who ultimately lost the upper hand. Though really he didn't need to win at all. He achieved what he was born to achieve.

I watched this movie and after getting over the elation of the pure fan service that it was, I thought "wait, what the hell just happened?!"

...Where did Loz/Yazoo/Kadaj come from and for the love of God, who NAMED them? Yazoo? Is that seriously a name? Also, what was with that weird crying thing they kept doing? That was just....strange on many levels.

I know that Final Fantasy generally ignores reality, but holy shit, they raped physics in this. Cloud jumped thousands of feet in the air with no issues, people jumped on and off of motorcycles like they were in the Cirque du Soliel, and sometimes just straight up flew like Superman. And sometimes, people were smashed in the face with church pews and were totally cool five minutes later. What the hell?! Oh, and not to mention Cloud getting shot in the face and chest and walking off like nothing happened. He got shot in the FACE, and his sunglasses flew off. He got shot in the chest, dunked in some magic water, and everything was fine.

Yazoo's shooting was just ridiculous. Cloud was about five feet in front of him in some parts, and he still missed! He was possibly the worst shot ever. Did he even bother aiming? He might as well have just been shooting randomly with his eyes closed.

Cloud seemed like he was homeless or something. He was living in a stingy bar. Yet he had a motorcycle with about fifteen built-in swords and probably a wafflemaker. Speaking of his motorcycle...is anyone else perturbed that he just started having visions while driving on a motorcycle? Normally that's, I don't know, a little dangerous?

Kadaj turns into Sephiroth why? Fan service logic? ...And wow, some of those lines of dialogue between Cloud and Sephiroth were just like they were written by giggling fan girls.

Overall, it was...just...a bizarre movie. It's really fun but just so over the top and ridiculous.

Last edited:
the only bit of this film i liked was when they fight in the church and the victory ringtone goes off when they win. the rest was crap

All AC was, was Square's way of giving fanservice.

The story was entirely lacking.

But, I would like to make two claims about Advent Children:
1.) Yazoo was one of the strongest characters in the movie.
Reasoning:
-He shot Cloud in the face.
-He shot Cloud THROUGH THE CHEST.
Kadaj and Loz couldn't touch Cloud, but Yazoo did, twice. Mad props to the silent guy.

2.) CLOUD IS A GOD MODING BASTARD!
-He defeats a bunch of monsters while riding his motorcycle.
-He cuts a motorcycle in half.
-The Bahamut fight. Tifa, Vincent, Cait Sith, Red XIII, Yuffie, Cid, AND Barret...ALL OF THEM...couldn't damage Bahamut. But God-moding Cloud comes along and takes him out in THREE HITS. There was NEVER that much of a strength difference between Cloud and EVERYONE ELSE, for that to be accurate!
-Cloud gets shot...THROUGH THE CHEST, and still manages to retaliate against Yazoo and Loz. Wtf is that?

Other thoughts:
The english voices were HORRIBLE. Rufus and Aerith's voices were horrifying. Rufus didn't sound at all suave like he should have, and Aerith sounded like she was doped up on cold medicine, or that Mena Suvari thought it'd be wise to sound like a DRONE the entire time.

I can say though...that the music was great, and the graphics were amazing. So, AC definitely appealed to my senses. It just...didn't take well to my logic.

I rewatched AC again last night and the physics of it was definitely shocking. In the scene where Cloud was zooming on up to Bahamut he gets hand lifts and foot boosts from his mates.

How can they lift him and propel him forward if they have nothing to brace themselves against, such as a floor perhaps?

There really is numerous examples where you think, that is just plain ridiculous.

In the end I reminded myself it was a fantasy movie, weird inexplicable things are allowed to happen.

After all, if they made the movie to realistic standards Cloud would never been able to even consider taking on a creature the size of Bahamut.

He probably wouldn't have even beaten Kadaj and co with the odds stacked against him with a 3 on 1 deal.

At the end of the day it just wouldn't be an exciting movie if they cut out all the unbelievable bits.

The story was shit; all it basically consisted of was a wild goose chase for a box. The graphics were magnificent, but I've seen better (but they made all the characters nice to look at; in other words, hot :wacky:). The Japanese voice actors were excellent, especially Rufus'. The English dub was pretty shitty, but then again, most anime dubs are shit, with the exception of YuYu Hakusho. The music disappointed me, with the exception of the OWA remake. The rest of the OST was simply not as "powerful" as it should have been.

Yes, the physics were way out of line, but Nomura has already said in an interview that he wanted it like that.

I admit that the story line wasn't the best, bur the graphics and the characters were amazing =D I loved watching it because of what it is lol. The fight scenes were completely over the top and cheesy, just as Final Fantasy VII should be lol and of course our favourite character ^_^

So I was happy with it anyways =D

2.) CLOUD IS A GOD MODING BASTARD!

-The Bahamut fight. Tifa, Vincent, Cait Sith, Red XIII, Yuffie, Cid, AND Barret...ALL OF THEM...couldn't damage Bahamut. But God-moding Cloud comes along and takes him out in THREE HITS. There was NEVER that much of a strength difference between Cloud and EVERYONE ELSE, for that to be accurate!

Perhaps the efforts of all the others actually managed to weaken Bahamut to the point where Cloud could just stride in, hit it 3 times and it was all over.

I reckon the others just about had Bahamut finished but Cloud knew when to make his entrance, perfectly timed to not only steal all the glory but have an easy time of it as well :dry:.

The best movie ever Is what I say. :D

Long or short, the movie was the best to me. I was hoping there would be a part two, but no info on that. I really love Kadaj and his gang, no matter how violent they were they were alright. :)

Watching this movie did cover a lot for me from playing the game. When I finish the game I had the biggest question mark over my head. Thank God the movie was made to finish the story, and I played the game again so I can get the story In my head.

i didn't notice i thought it was wrong as well
this whole movie was totally confusing for my puny little brain, LOL.
i think the fight in the church was cool, and i want one of those hand/laser/super punch things

i didn't notice i thought it was wrong as well
this whole movie was totally confusing for my puny little brain, LOL.
i think the fight in the church was cool, and i want one of those hand/laser/super punch things

It is a Dual Hound. Loz made his own weapon. Besides, it wasn't 3 hits, it was 20ish. Reason is told by Tifa when Cloud fights Kadaj for the last time. Remember? For those who don't. she says something along the lines of "We've not found our old abilitied, Cloud has." So Cloud is able to fight just as good as he used to, but the others aren't as good as old times.

Biased Square Enix staff members...

Anyways, I've been wondering about Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete. Is the length of this known yet (if so, then I ask how long is it?), and do we know if any of the parts added to the movie focus on some of the characters that didn't even appear in Advent Children until the battle against Bahamut Sin?

I just think that was quite disappointing...it's unfair for a handful of the main characters from Final Fantasy VII, Nanaki's only line in the whole movie being "There are still children with the stigma.", I hope that changes in Advent Children Complete, seriously, that character gets ignored too much...

Back