Help Best way to defeat Emerald or Ruby Weapon

Gil
I've read some guides on how to defeat these monsters and almost all of them consist of miming KOTR. The fast ones consist of miming Omnislash or Ungermax (or 1 hit kills using overflow). Some even use 7777s at the beginning to wipe out half of the Weapon's HP. What's the fastest or most unique way of killing them you've come across. Explain or post a video. Here's my way. It's the fastest I've found without using Limit Breaks or a glitch:

Description:

Cloud single-handedly defeats both Ruby Weapon and Emerald Weapon.

No cheats of any kind used
No KOTR or any other summons
No Limit Breaks used
No 7777s
No Final Attack
No Revive or Restore or any other magic (including Enemy Skill)
Hero Drink (medicine) is the only item used (no dazers)

This is the PC version of FF7. I have a custom OpenGL graphics driver, created by Aali, to give it higher resolution and a translucent battle menu.
Link here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.2075

I also have seifer's FF7 Retranslation Project version 001 installed. It retranslates things to make it accurate to the Japanese version.
Link here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9613.25

None of these mods change the gameplay or difficulty in any way. Cloud, Ruby Weapon, and Emerald Weapon are exactly the same as the PSX and unmodified PC version.

Last edited:
I think there is a sweet irony that people have put countless hours into perfecting strategies and pooling ideas, and refining complex and intricate materia combinations, yet the best way to beat the Weapons is just to beat the living hell out of them.

Fantastic video. Those graphics are delicious. They are refine and polished, but the original artwork style is obviously completely intact.

I think there is a sweet irony that people have put countless hours into perfecting strategies and pooling ideas, and refining complex and intricate materia combinations, yet the best way to beat the Weapons is just to beat the living hell out of them.

Fantastic video. Those graphics are delicious. They are refine and polished, but the original artwork style is obviously completely intact.
Thanks. The perfecting strategies part is just like an athlete who practices day after day to get the best time in a race.

You can't mime Limit Breaks, though....
Sure you can, if the character is miming their own AND they get hit first.

*Thread Moved to FFVII Help Booth*
Thanks for moving it where it should be.

Back