Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
Does anybody play this mini-game in the diners, etc?

I've only played it once. I probably played about 20 stages before all of my characters died.

I love the designs of the characters.... They are essentially franchise-staple monsters acting as superheroes in the style of the Justice League. My problem is that they don't focus enough on that. You play the game with balls representing the characters (it is a pinball game after all), but then that is it.

What do you think of the game? Do you think that it compares well with other mini-games in the franchise?

...I don't really get it?

I'm just winging my way through all these stages simply to get those Chocobo chests from the slot roulettes because I know you get some accessories equipment from them, but otherwise there's nothing interesting about this little minigame. Very little about this screams genuine pinball or any decent variation thereof.

It's probably of no surprise that the mobile version of the game is going to be shut down when it's practically the same game, is littered with microtransactions and obviously does not give you any advantageous equipment at the end of it like in FFXV.

I had no idea what I was doing either...

I could tell that each ball that I was controlling represented one of the four monsters (why are there not five if it is a game called Justice Monsters Five?), and I could work the special attacks where they summon another creature to flash on the screen and do... Something unclear?

But the button prompts seem to imply that you can switch characters... I pressed the button and nothing seemed to be happening. I just had to wait until each character died until I could play as the next one / shoot the ball representing the next one.

I'm quite confused by the game. Considering that the game holds your hand and walks you through nearly everything else, I don't know why they haven't provided a tutorial or something for Justice Monsters Five!

Yeah, you can switch characters, though I don't recall how. I'm pretty sure it tells you somewhere. It's a minigame that isn't given the proper amount of explanation I felt, but it's pretty fun once you get the hang of it I'd say. About as fun as some of the more middling minigames. It's no Triple Triad, Tetra Master, or Chocobo breeding/racing in VII. But it's also not an arm wrestling/basketball, or a XIII-2 Slots. It's a game that has some rather intriguing mechanical depth, but after playing it for like 45 minutes straight, it seemingly had no difficulty curve whatsoever, making it far too easy to see much of that depth utilized. A competent enough minigame, that serves it's primary purpose of fleshing out the 'Americana' vibe of the open world rest stops.

I think the mini-game is pretty neat. Makes for getting some epic accessories here too.

Moderator's note: Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Back