Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Here is the trailer of the upcoming movie Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice. After seen the Official Trailer, I've became interested in it. I definitely will watch this movie when it comes out in theaters. Who is going to watch this movie? Tell us what you think about it?

Last edited:
I didn't like Man of Steel, but I'm a fan of Batman and so the trailers for this film had made me very excited.

That was, however, until I saw this latest one. It's a film that's being marketed as some kind of epic battle between Batman and Superman... Yet for some reason, in the very trailer you've linked, they've shown us the end of that conflict - Batman and Superman put aside their differences and team up against Doomsday. Why would they give that away?! It just massively deflated my hype. Why is Doomsday even in this? It's so unnecessary. They had a great story and it feels like they're trying to bloat it out for the sole reason of competing with The Avengers (Apparently there's gonna be quite a few DC character cameos in it too?). And because of that, it's going to suffer.

Gonna mention the casting while I'm here. From what I've seen, Ben Affleck is gonna be an amazing Batman and that's probably the only thing that I'm truly curious about at this point. I have no idea why the Internet is going on about Gal Gadot, because she looks great too. My only real issue is Jesse Eisenberg. He doesn't seem to fit as Lex, at all. (though admittedly I was a big fan of Michael Rosenbaum in Smallville and would have liked to see him there instead :wacky: )

So yuus! I'm planning to see it. But I have my doubts about the whole thing.

I've never read any of the comics or stuff like that. Only seen the movies. So maybe I just don't understand what "works" with this universe. But yanno //shrug.

I have a very weak knowledge of comic lore, so I was scarcely aware of who "Doomsday" even is. Although he apparently shouldn't look like a cross between the Abomination and a Ninja Turtle? :| The guy also screams Venom in Spider-Man 3, i.e. why did they even bother to cram you in here if there's only maybe 15 minutes towards the end of the film for you?

It's just a bizarre trailer from a marketing perspective, because as Ross said, it has essentially given away most, if not some discernible picture of, the film's acts and story beats. "Dawn of Justice" is a subtitle and I don't believe anyone was under any illusions that the final act would not involve some form of reconciliation and team-up against a worse opponent, but the main drawing point of the film in the marketing stage is solely the conflict between Batman and Superman. Focus solely on that and let further surprises remain that way until the film is released!

To be honest, superhero movie fatigue is real and I'm someone who isn't a particularly big superhero movie fan to begin with. It's more than saturation at this point. They're like the junk food of films to me; I occasionally check one out if I find a stream and then forget about it soon afterwards. Unless I've been invited to view one in a cinema, I'm naturally inclined to wait a while later and stream it when I've little else to do. Batman v Superman will likely be no exception. If anything, out of DC's (short) upcoming schedule, I'm more interested in Suicide Squad and I dearly hope Wonder Woman will be good. :8F:

I can't stand Zack Snyder as a director and so with him at the helm my hopes for this film are not high. Jesse Eisenberg seems to feel the same as me and has set his portrayal of Lex Luthor to as hammy as possible accordingly.

Doesn't sound promising. An interviewer asked the stars for their opinion on the mixed reviews and a vid of Ben's reaction has gone viral.

Haven't seen it myself, but the common points are:

Non-spoilery version:

- Incoherent, jumbled mess of a plot with bizarre character motivations and decisions
- Jesse Eisenburg as Lex Luthor does not work - he comes off as a twitchy high-pitched Joker-like psychopath instead
- Utterly joyless (very subjective criticism, as many people say this distinguishes itself nicely from Marvel's approach)
- Ben Affleck makes a great Batman
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman is quite good
- The fight between Superman and Batman is quite nicely done, all things considered

Spoilery version:

- The weird decision to kill Superman in this one instead of I dunno, giving us more films first to be really emotionally invested in THIS incarnation of the character?
- But he's still alive! He is hinted to be still alive at the end after some funeral scenes, because the overt Jesus symbolism in Man of Steel was not enough!
- Something about Batman not killing Superman, because the latter's mother has been kidnapped and is called Martha - which is exactly what Bruce Wayne's own mother was called!
- Lois Lane is a damsel in distress with a role that seems so shoehorned and superfluous a lot of the time
- Batman is a mass murderer, which is considered a sacrilege with a lot of comic book fans, because that moral code has always been integral to Batman as a character
- Yes, the trailer pretty much did spoil nearly all of the major plot beats of the film after all

Doesn't sound promising. An interviewer asked the stars for their opinion on the mixed reviews and a vid of Ben's reaction has gone viral.

My sis and I saw that on imgur and we laughed so hard :lew: That's what prompted me to ask you all here... :hmmm:

Haven't seen it myself, but the common points are:

Non-spoilery version:

- Incoherent, jumbled mess of a plot with bizarre character motivations and decisions
- Jesse Eisenburg as Lex Luthor does not work - he comes off as a twitchy high-pitched Joker-like psychopath instead
- Utterly joyless (very subjective criticism, as many people say this distinguishes itself nicely from Marvel's approach)
- Ben Affleck makes a great Batman
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman is quite good
- The fight between Superman and Batman is quite nicely done, all things considered

Spoilery version:

- The weird decision to kill Superman in this one instead of I dunno, giving us more films first to be really emotionally invested in THIS incarnation of the character?
- But he's still alive! He is hinted to be still alive at the end after some funeral scenes, because the overt Jesus symbolism in Man of Steel was not enough!
- Something about Batman not killing Superman, because the latter's mother has been kidnapped and is called Martha - which is exactly what Bruce Wayne's own mother was called!
- Lois Lane is a damsel in distress with a role that seems so shoehorned and superfluous a lot of the time
- Batman is a mass murderer, which is considered a sacrilege with a lot of comic book fans, because that moral code has always been integral to Batman as a character
- Yes, the trailer pretty much did spoil nearly all of the major plot beats of the film after all

what the hell happened to the highlight spoiler....

My sister's main complaint is Batman being a mass murderer... so sacrilege seems to be the right word to use :lew:

I'm still going to watch it (despite me not liking Ben Affleck anymore) because people had bad reviews for Man of Steel and I liked that film. :hmmm:

I watched it yesterday afternoon and I'd say it was worth the price of admission. I'm a huge batman and flash fan so of course I nerded out at a lot of things in the movie. There are some bizarre characterization choices but It wasn't enough to make the movie bad for me. I've very excited for the upcoming slate of DC movies and the Justice League film after seeing Dawn of Justice. Hopefully it doesn't take another 6 years for the next DC movie to come out! Hahah

Back