FFXIII-2 To start FXIII-2

The official strategy guide lists Chocobo as having higher final STR than Red Chocobo, but this spreadsheet suggests otherwise: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apa6evZUmvfHdGJLSUd5RWpJUzdsSmZ4SEpKckR4R1E#gid=1

(I had forgotten the link to that spreadsheet, but it turned out to be easier to find than I thought.)

In any case, Chocobo (and Narasimha) are fine choices if you want to use them. Unless you plan to take on the hardest DLC fights or like to push for speed kills and/or super-fast farming methods, monster optimization in this game is more about style than substance.

So you think spreadsheet > official strategy guide?

It does state in the wiki that it's a better Commando than it's red counterpart, depending on the player's preferences.

Would you choose Chocobo or Narasimha?

So you think spreadsheet > official strategy guide?
For monster stats? Yes, I do think so. The people who put that spreadsheet together are people that I've worked with on related projects (most of which can be found on the Etro's Gate website). However, I didn't have any direct input on the spreadsheet, nor have I done any personal comparisons, so I can't be sure.

It does state in the wiki that it's a better Commando than it's red counterpart, depending on the player's preferences.

Would you choose Chocobo or Narasimha?
Personally? Neither. If I were looking for a good COM to use in the short term, I'd pick up Dragoon or Munchkin or Vodianoi. If I were investing in a long-term build, I'd pick Chichu or Cactuar. If I really wanted a Behemoth-type, I'd pick Reaver. But if I had to pick between those two specific choices, I'd pick Chocobo.

For monster stats? Yes, I do think so. The people who put that spreadsheet together are people that I've worked with on related projects (most of which can be found on the Etro's Gate website). However, I didn't have any direct input on the spreadsheet, nor have I done any personal comparisons, so I can't be sure.

Personally? Neither. If I were looking for a good COM to use in the short term, I'd pick up Dragoon or Munchkin or Vodianoi. If I were investing in a long-term build, I'd pick Chichu or Cactuar. If I really wanted a Behemoth-type, I'd pick Reaver. But if I had to pick between those two specific choices, I'd pick Chocobo.

I decided to level up Chocobo. Infused it with some abilities and is nearly at level 60.

13-2 was the most fun game for me out of the whole 13 trilogy. Maybe that was because I never played pokemon though, and the whole monster catching aspect of it was fresh and new to me.

This build is from the Monster Infusion Guide on GameFAQs, which is just an amazing resource for monster building in FFXIII-2: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/619315-final-fantasy-xiii-2/faqs/63731

Monster------: Blue Chocobo
Monster Role-: Ravager
Constellation: Chocobo

The Build:

01) Kill: ATB Charge (RL)
02) HP +30% (8)
03) Magic +35% (7)
04) Resist Physical +36% (7)
05) Resist Magic +36% (7)
06) Role Resonance (7)
07) Quick Stagger (7)
08) Siphon Boost II (6)
09) Chain Bonus Boost II (6)
10) Attack: ATB Charge II (6)

Monster Materials to Use: Mana for levels 2-10 and 41-99. Potent for levels
11-40. All-Vitality is viable as well, if you prefer
greater durability at the expense of slightly less
damage.

Crystarium Expansions---: +3 ATB, +1 Bonus Boost.

Additional Abilities----: Teach Blue Chocobo the full gamut of RAV spells -
this includes Fire, Thunder, Fira, Thundara, Firaga,
and Thundaga. Then teach it Vigor by infusing 99
levels worth of COM monsters into it.

Infusion Process (by iamins4ne):

Gather these monsters:

01) Lv. 99 Blue Chocobo
02) Lv. 40 Munchkin Boss
03) Lv. 39 Buccaboo Ace
04) Lv. 48 Green Chocobo
05) Lv. 23 Mewmao
06) Lv. 54 Forked Cat
07) Lv. 22 Tonberry
08) Lv. 30 Pink Lily
09) Lv. 01 Reaver
10) Lv. 01 Yeoman
11) Lv. 01 Moblin
12) Lv. 19 Fencer

Infuse in this order:

01) Lv. 40 Munchkin Boss <-- Lv. 39 Buccaboo Ace
02) Lv. 40 Munchkin Boss <-- Lv. 48 Green Chocobo
03) Lv. 40 Munchkin Boss <-- Lv. 23 Mewmao
04) Lv. 40 Munchkin Boss <-- Lv. 54 Forked Cat
05) Lv. 40 Munchkin Boss <-- Lv. 22 Tonberry
06) Lv. 99 Blue Chocobo <-- Lv. 30 Pink Lily (learn Thunder, Thundara)
07) Lv. 99 Blue Chocobo <-- Lv. 01 Reaver
08) Lv. 99 Blue Chocobo <-- Lv. 01 Yeoman
09) Lv. 99 Blue Chocobo <-- Lv. 40 Munchkin Boss (learn Fira, Firaga)
10) Lv. 99 Blue Chocobo <-- Lv. 01 Moblin
11) Lv. 99 Blue Chocobo <-- Lv. 19 Fencer

Additional Abilities:

Fire--------------------: Lv. 01 Garchimacera
Thundaga----------------: Lv. 15 Circuitron
Vigor-------------------: Infuse 96 levels worth of COM monsters

=====================================================================

The FAQ also has a build for Green Chocobo, but it's built around Critical: Buff abilities. If that appeals to you, check the link above for a build. Alternately, you might look at the White Chocobo build in the above guide.

Bunkerbeast doesn't have a build because it's generally worse than other options, notably Pulse Gladiator or Navidon for a purely defensive SEN or Goblin Chieftain for flexibility. If you want to use Bunkerbeast, you can probably copy one of the builds given in the guide for the other SENs.

This build is from the Monster Infusion Guide on GameFAQs, which is just an amazing resource for monster building in FFXIII-2: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/619315-final-fantasy-xiii-2/faqs/63731

Monster------: Blue Chocobo
Monster Role-: Ravager
Constellation: Chocobo

The Build:

01) Kill: ATB Charge (RL)
02) HP +30% (8)
03) Magic +35% (7)
04) Resist Physical +36% (7)
05) Resist Magic +36% (7)
06) Role Resonance (7)
07) Quick Stagger (7)
08) Siphon Boost II (6)
09) Chain Bonus Boost II (6)
10) Attack: ATB Charge II (6)

Monster Materials to Use: Mana for levels 2-10 and 41-99. Potent for levels
11-40. All-Vitality is viable as well, if you prefer
greater durability at the expense of slightly less
damage.

Crystarium Expansions---: +3 ATB, +1 Bonus Boost.

Additional Abilities----: Teach Blue Chocobo the full gamut of RAV spells -
this includes Fire, Thunder, Fira, Thundara, Firaga,
and Thundaga. Then teach it Vigor by infusing 99
levels worth of COM monsters into it.

Infusion Process (by iamins4ne):

Gather these monsters:

01) Lv. 99 Blue Chocobo
02) Lv. 40 Munchkin Boss
03) Lv. 39 Buccaboo Ace
04) Lv. 48 Green Chocobo
05) Lv. 23 Mewmao
06) Lv. 54 Forked Cat
07) Lv. 22 Tonberry
08) Lv. 30 Pink Lily
09) Lv. 01 Reaver
10) Lv. 01 Yeoman
11) Lv. 01 Moblin
12) Lv. 19 Fencer

Infuse in this order:

01) Lv. 40 Munchkin Boss <-- Lv. 39 Buccaboo Ace
02) Lv. 40 Munchkin Boss <-- Lv. 48 Green Chocobo
03) Lv. 40 Munchkin Boss <-- Lv. 23 Mewmao
04) Lv. 40 Munchkin Boss <-- Lv. 54 Forked Cat
05) Lv. 40 Munchkin Boss <-- Lv. 22 Tonberry
06) Lv. 99 Blue Chocobo <-- Lv. 30 Pink Lily (learn Thunder, Thundara)
07) Lv. 99 Blue Chocobo <-- Lv. 01 Reaver
08) Lv. 99 Blue Chocobo <-- Lv. 01 Yeoman
09) Lv. 99 Blue Chocobo <-- Lv. 40 Munchkin Boss (learn Fira, Firaga)
10) Lv. 99 Blue Chocobo <-- Lv. 01 Moblin
11) Lv. 99 Blue Chocobo <-- Lv. 19 Fencer

Additional Abilities:

Fire--------------------: Lv. 01 Garchimacera
Thundaga----------------: Lv. 15 Circuitron
Vigor-------------------: Infuse 96 levels worth of COM monsters

=====================================================================

The FAQ also has a build for Green Chocobo, but it's built around Critical: Buff abilities. If that appeals to you, check the link above for a build. Alternately, you might look at the White Chocobo build in the above guide.

Bunkerbeast doesn't have a build because it's generally worse than other options, notably Pulse Gladiator or Navidon for a purely defensive SEN or Goblin Chieftain for flexibility. If you want to use Bunkerbeast, you can probably copy one of the builds given in the guide for the other SENs.

Thanks a lot for the help. Can you use any monster materials on the gathered monsters? Also can use any mana and potent materials for the Blue Chocobo?

Last edited:
Any type of materials work for the monsters being infused; just use whatever is handy. For the Blue Chocobo, the specific type of mana/potent material you need (i.e. droplet, sliver, orb etc.) will increase as it gains levels.

It's sad i'm unable to play the dlc because it's not free :( Why can't they make the dlc free? it's been 3 years now. Oh well, I guess it's time to go back to XIII for the post game.

You may be lucky sometime during an FF sale they may give it away...maybe. Or maybe with Plus (or the 360 equivalent) some month.

Back