Texting and Driving

Busta

Bang-a-Rang!
Veteran
Gil
Seymour
Are you guys skiled/stupid enough to do it?

I do it a lot and I've had a lot of close calls with accidents. I'm the kinda person where if my phones goes off, I feel like I have to reply instantly or check a sports score, or check facebook; even if I'm driving my car somewhere.

Do you guys do it? I know I shouldn't and it's a habit I'm trying to break. I know people have lost their lives through unfortunate accidents while doing this. :/

I am stupid enough to do it, and no, I haven't had a wreck yet, but the day is coming trust me. I have had a few close calls, and with my town there are tons of cross walks.

My guilt is that I do it for work primarily. Yes at nights and such when we are all going out, I do it again too, but drive really slow as to avoid a wreck. I also live in a place where there is a deer over populace and due to it they have to be hunted or else cause a lot of wrecks.

So one day it will be Deer 1 Shu 0.

I feel ya there. I know it's danger but still think I can pull it off.

My only big incident was over the Summer I was driving,fairly slow coming into a parking spot. I had my dog in my front seat with me and I was texting. I felt that bash in front of me and looked up and saw I ran into a mailbox of the store I was going to. Only $80 damage to the car, and the mailbox only suffered cosmetic plastic damage to the post, but enough to scare me outta doing it for a while. VERY glad nothing happened to my puppy. Glad it was a minor accident to learn from.

Nope, and never will. I've answered a few phone calls while driving if I'm at a red light but will only stay on for a few seconds. Even I try to avoid that if I can.

I'm a safe driver. Whether I have great driving skills, however... well I've been okay so far so I think I'm good.

Change your answerphone message to "Hi, I'm either asleep or driving, leave a message and I'll get back to you!" saves the risk of accidents and hopefully should increase the callers respect for you that you've done this.

Using the 'Do Not Disturb' feature on my phone all calls and alerts are silent so it doesn't distract, unless they call again within 3 mins which suggests a possible emergency. In that case I'll wait until a red light, traffic or opportunity to pull over for a quick call.

Would never text when actively driving. You crazy ass bastards.

Considering the way I drive off the phone, no I don't.

There's enough chance of me having an accident without more distraction. Plus the radio/cd/ipod is enough of a distraction for me. I must have my tunes to drive and not flip people off and all.

Back