Could Freya possibly be the tallest female party member in the series?

8ther

Dragon Knight
Gil
According to this image Freya's height is 187.9cm which in feet would be 6'1. I had no idea that Freya was this tall, shes even taller than Fang from FFXIII and she's 5'9 so wouldn't that make Fraya the tallest female playable character in the series?
[h=1][/h]

Why did they remove Zidanes face? And yes I looked at the majority of characters, she seems to be the tallest from what I saw.

Is this without her hat? And are we including her ears? 'cause I don't think those should count, and if that's the case, then Fang would probably be the tallest female.

EDIT: Ohh, I see with the ears she'd be 214 cm. She's still pretty freakin' tall then!

Seems i've made a mistake, Fran who stands at 6'2 (not counting the ears) is the tallest female in the series still Freya is a close second, anyone else find it odd that two of the tallest women in the series are both furries? :elmo:

And probably the ugliest too. Being a rat and all.

Say_that_again_I_dare_you_RE_6_Insane_Discoveries_That_Science_Cant_Explain-s400x293-114152-580.jpg

Well maybe she's tall, but who cares? I love Freya as a character. She's a tall motherfuckin' badass :D

And probably the ugliest too. Being a rat and all.

Well for a rat, I guess she's alright :lew: Zidane ain't that appealing' either and hes a rat XD

EVerybody is ugly tbh. :wacky:

close second, anyone else find it odd that two of the tallest women in the series are both furries? :elmo:
What's wrong with furries? :ahmed:

just going to say it probably doesn't matter what measuring system ff9 uses. its probably different from the other games. in dissidia zidane should've been taller.

Seems i've made a mistake, Fran who stands at 6'2 (not counting the ears) is the tallest female in the series still Freya is a close second, anyone else find it odd that two of the tallest women in the series are both furries? :elmo:

How did we all forget Fran, she's one of the only good things to come out of FFXII :gasp:

Well maybe she's tall, but who cares? I love Freya as a character. She's a tall motherfuckin' badass :D

Well for a rat, I guess she's alright :lew: Zidane ain't that appealing' either and hes a rat XD

EVerybody is ugly tbh. :wacky:
What's wrong with furries? :ahmed:

I find rats to be fucking adorable :mokken:

just going to say it probably doesn't matter what measuring system ff9 uses. its probably different from the other games. in dissidia zidane should've been taller.

I think that was CM, whch isn't FFIX measurement, it's standard metric measurements. But Dissidia got a ton wrong with characters, ruining some of the great ones (Like Tera), so I agree, he was far too short in Dissidia.

I like my share of rats and mice, but Zidane is definitely NOT a rat! xD He's more of a monkey (thus the tail?).

And I find Zidane very appealing!! :gasp:

I still want to know why the image removed Zidanes face but kept the others!

Perhaps they were undecided on the original design for Zidane's face... >.>; Since he's the main character and all.

I love the final product<3 :awesome:

But to stay on topic, I think Fran is awesome.

if zidane was the proper height compared to other characters, we will look liked a mutant compared to the rest. i still welcome the touch-up design dissidia has over the deformed look they had in ff9. it was one of the games where i started to realize CGI isn't for every game.

if zidane was the proper height compared to other characters, we will look liked a mutant compared to the rest. i still welcome the touch-up design dissidia has over the deformed look they had in ff9. it was one of the games where i started to realize CGI isn't for every game.

I don't see how. 173cm is about 5'8 which isn't that tall. Squall and Tidus are both 5'9 so if Zidane had been the height he was meant to be he'd have been about the same as them.

I don't see how. 173cm is about 5'8 which isn't that tall. Squall and Tidus are both 5'9 so if Zidane had been the height he was meant to be he'd have been about the same as them.
think about the proportions that though, if they alter them to fit that size, i suppose, but in ff9 he looked like a midgit just like everyone else. so the problem would be looking like a giant midgit.

think about the proportions that though, if they alter them to fit that size, i suppose, but in ff9 he looked like a midgit just like everyone else. so the problem would be looking like a giant midgit.

I see what you mean, but that was because of the art style in IX, Dissidia had a different art style and all the characters were redesigned so they all looked more similar. So I don't think it would have been a problem to have him keep his height the same as it was in IX considering they already altered his looks so he didn't look the way he did in IX.

I see what you mean, but that was because of the art style in IX, Dissidia had a different art style and all the characters were redesigned so they all looked more similar. So I don't think it would have been a problem to have him keep his height the same as it was in IX considering they already altered his looks so he didn't look the way he did in IX.
i dont think so ff1-7 was more representative style. ff8-9 although they look like sprites, the cgi was the true representation. ff10-present has changed.

i dont think so ff1-7 was more representative style. ff8-9 although they look like sprites, the cgi was the true representation. ff10-present has changed.

Yes but I mean what the art style was in IX doesn't matter in Dissidia because all the characters were restyled so they'd have the same style. So no matter his height Zidane wouldn't have looked like he did in IX because he was restyled to fit Dissidia.

I'm actually with Sheechiibii on this one, it would be difficult to "import" all art styles into one game, so after remaking and adapting for the same art style, Zidanes height makes sense...

But this thread isn't about Zidanes height :wacky:

Yeah, and actually, this thread isn't about overall height differences - this is about whether or not Freya is the tallest female in the FF series. So it's a little irrelevant to say that Squall and whoever else is male is taller than her.

Since we all know that statistically, and cross-culturally, the average height for males is taller than that for females. So being a tall female - at least in our world/reality- is quite rare (although completely possible; I know a few tall women myself). Maybe this fact is what made the OP present the question in the first place? Maybe s/he is fascinated by taller women.

I don't know. :mokken:

Back