[SPOILERS] CONFUSED: just completed FFX...

andwan0

Gil
I decided to just get on with the game and complete it for my first time (since started it 10 years ago). (no need for celestial weapons, or magnus sisters, or dark aeons, etc).

Wow, the ending is really long, no save points, and it feels like a marathon / gauntlet of bosses.

What I don't get is:

They all jump inside Sin, go through Sin's invisible tunnel organs and arrive in a city? What is this city?

Jecht appears in human form just to show a friendly face. Then he turns into Braska's Final Aeon. Did Braska have many Aeons? Where/who is Braska? I thought Jecht was Sin but Sin seems just a container and Jecht is really the Aeon?

What are those Yu Pagodas doing? Why do they keep charging and giving health?

Jecht eventually pulls a massive sword from his chest. Then when he dies, everyone is on the massive sword? Funny scenario?

At end when everybody magically appears back on the ship like if they never jumped off (maybe they hallucinated the whole thing!?)... we see some mountain, and lots of people's exposed "backs/bodies" stuck in a stone wall... turning grey... (just before the bubbles float up). What is this scene all about??

Why did Yuna have to destroy all the Aeons?

I watched the credits right to the end title "The End"... but Zanarland song plays repeatly. Is there anything after this? Like our stats/results screen?

I decided to just get on with the game and complete it for my first time (since started it 10 years ago). (no need for celestial weapons, or magnus sisters, or dark aeons, etc).

Wow, the ending is really long, no save points, and it feels like a marathon / gauntlet of bosses.

What I don't get is:

They all jump inside Sin, go through Sin's invisible tunnel organs and arrive in a city? What is this city?

Jecht appears in human form just to show a friendly face. Then he turns into Braska's Final Aeon. Did Braska have many Aeons? Where/who is Braska? I thought Jecht was Sin but Sin seems just a container and Jecht is really the Aeon?

Jecht eventually pulls a massive sword from his chest. Then when he dies, everyone is on the massive sword? Funny scenario?

At end when everybody magically appears back on the ship like if they never jumped off (maybe they hallucinated the whole thing!?)... we see some mountain, and lots of people's exposed "backs/bodies" stuck in a stone wall... turning grey... (just before the bubbles float up). What is this scene all about??

I watched the credits right to the end title "The End"... but Zanarland song plays repeatly. Is there anything after this? Like our stats/results screen?

Those are certainly good questions, however it is all explained in the story and maybe you missed a few points.
the easiest question to explain is 'Why did Yuna have to destroy all the Aeons?" easy, she had to in order to get rid of sin iirc. However i do believe if you search the internet a lil you can find a more indepth explaination of everything, as im no good at explaining things :P

What I don't get is:

I don't think the city was ever named. Perhaps it was a city that Sin swallowed or perhaps the creators just wanted to add some variety to the final dungeon since inside sin is pretty much the final dungeon area.

Braska was Yuna's father and the last summoner to defeat Sin. We can assume that he had all of the same aeons that Yuna had since he made the same pilgrimage. Braska is dead since the final summoning that is done to defeat Sin kills the summoner. You can find Jecht spheres around Spira to view parts of his pilgrimage (of which Jech and Auron were a part of as his guardians).

Jecht is Sin since the final aeon is used by Yu Yevon to create a new Sin. Jecht became Braska's final aeon to be used in the final summoning to defeat Sin. So he became the new Sin.

They're just there to add a bit of a challenge I suppose since the final boss is pitifully easy. You can kill them but I think they come back.

I think the sword was used in his transformation into his second form.

That was the wall of fayth area at Mt. Gagazet. These were the remains of the people of the real Zanarkand who were turned into fayth in order to create the dream Zanarkand. Since Yu Yevon was finally dead and Sin was destroyed, there was no longer a need for fayth and so they were all allowed to go to the farplane.

Yuna had to summon all of her aeons during battle because Yu Yevon is able to possess aeons (hence him possessing the final aeon every time in order to create a new sin). By summoning all of the aeons and defeating them, Yu Yevon no longer had any aeons to possess and the party is able to fight him in his true form and defeat him for good.

Nope, that's it.

Sin isn't just physical, but also an 'essence'. Such is why he is named 'Sin'.

That is why it gets a bit surreal. Sin is a very ambitious villain of the FF series, I've always been a bit impressed with the thought and imagination that evidently went into it's creation.

What I don't get is:

Jecht is definitely Sin, don't worry, you're not going crazy.

You see, when each Sin is destroyed, Yu Yevon is exposed and must needs seek a new form of armor in which to hide. He can only exist inside of Sin, because he is too weak to live without it. In order to destroy Sin, however, each Summoner that rises to the challenge must sacrifice one of their Guardians to allow for the Final Summoning. It has to be a Guardian that is sacrificed because there needs to exist a strong bond between the Summoner and the prospective Guardian. The stronger the bond, the stronger the Final Aeon. Braska was the Summoner that defeated Sin before Yuna did. He was Yuna's father, and Jecht, who is Tidus' father, was one of his Guardians. Auron, as you undoubtedly know, was Braska's only other Guardian. Braska sacrificed Jecht in order to perform his Final Summoning. The Final Aeon that came forth took the same form as the form that Jecht took when you fought him inside of Sin.

Now, after Braska's Final Aeon (Jecht) defeated Sin, the Final Aeon (Jecht) killed Braska (which is something that has happened at the end of every iteration of Sin pre-Yuna) and was then possessed by Yu Yevon. Yu Yevon used the power of the Final Summoning (Jecht) to construct a new Sin (something that also always happened pre-Yuna) so that he could survive, and eventually come back in his new Sin armor to terrorize Spira again.

That's why Yuna had to destroy all of her Aeons. Without Aeons Yu Yevon has nothing to posses, and can therefore be fought in his true form and destroyed once and for all.

The scene in which the Fayth wall on Mt. Gagazet disperses is to give visual representation to the fact that all of the Fayth in Spira are finally being put to rest. Without Sin, there is no need for Summoning, so they can finally cease dreaming. That is why Tidus disappears at the end of the game. Without Fayth dreaming of Shuyin, Tidus no longer exists. I just wish SE had kept it that way. Damn FFX-2 ending.

Back