Help Stuck at Gold Saucer after Keystone/Cait Sith scene

Ozne

Gil
Hi

I decided to dust off my FF7 and replay it, but now I'm stuck at the Gold saucer after the whole key stone scenario.
When I try to leave the Gold Saucer in order to head to the Temple of Ancients I can't. The Tram door is open I walk onto it, the door closes and thats it, the tram doesn't go anywhere I can no longer see Cloud and I can't get back off the Tram. The game doesn't freeze as such because the music is still playing and the chicken suit guy is still bouncing around.

Does anyone have any suggestions, did I miss something out?

I have tried restarting, wandering around the Gold Saucer to see if I can solve the issue, I even loaded an old save (from last game I played) got back to the same point but....no joy I still get stuck when I enter the Tram.
I know I got past this point last time so what am I doing wrong this time?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Have you chased Cait Sith around where there was a helicopter sequence, which brought you back to the Ghost Hotel? He reveals things about himself there before you're able to continue. I'm just wondering if you've already done that, without giving too many spoilers.

If you remember, the ropeway was broken down, try talking to all the people at the entract of the Gold Saucer to maybe get an "Okay you can get on now." Is the only thing I can suggest other than that.

I have yes this is after the Cait Sith sequence. Its the next morning I've chosen my 3rd and....can't seem to leave the Gold Saucer.

I guess I'll try talking to everyone again in the hopes that I missed someone the last couple of times, but I definatly no longer have the lady saying Tram is broken anymore. I can get on it but it doesn't go anywhere and then I can't get off it so have to restart.

Ok I give up, I am out of ideas and patience. I have spoken to everyone I can find and I'm still stuck.
Does anyone have any suggestions for what I have missed or have to do in order to get the tram working so I can leave the Gold Saucer?

Sorry bud, but your game is frozen. Even if the music keeps going and the chicken suit is bouncing around, that just means it's stuck doing those actions and can't load the next part: leaving. I'm afraid you'll have to buy a new game.

I remember my old FF10 game couldn't get past the beginning. You know when Auron points out Sin and Tidus looks up and then it switches to CGI? It would just get stuck on Tidus' face. It was really weird because it kept playing- his head would keep moving and the background noises kept going. So having your game freeze doesn't always mean it is frozen and can't do anything.

If you're playing the PS version of the game, try loading in one of the other discs when you get to the part where it freezes.

I once had a copy of VII that had a dodgy first disc that kept freezing on certain cutscenes, etc. I kinda solved the problem by placing one of the other discs in the console when that happened.

Basically, when it freezes, just open the disc tray and put one of the other discs in. Chances are it will play a cutscene from whichever disc you use, but it should get you to the next playable part. Once you get to the next playable part, just swap the discs back again.

Also, don't turn the power off while doing this, for obvious reasons. Just thought I should put that out there. :hmmm:

Good luck with that. :monster:

Back