Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Ashe

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Balthier

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • Fran

Votes: 16 57.1%

• Total voters
I'm surprised as there is a common sense in not picking Penelo and all other characters vary amongst people's choice, lol.

Actually, Penelo always been my least favorite character. Thought it was something personal, but looks like she is just the least favorite of many.

I'm surprised as there is a common sense in not picking Penelo and all other characters vary amongst people's choice, lol.

Actually, Penelo always been my least favorite character. Thought it was something personal, but looks like she is just the least favorite of many.

I grew into using Penelo more eventually - in the latter half or third of the game.

I think one of the reasons people overlook Penelo tends to be that she is arguably the least important character in the game. I like her as a character, but her story is linked too heavily to Vaan's and she doesn't have a clear story arc of her own unlike the other characters.

I grew into using Penelo more eventually - in the latter half or third of the game.

I think one of the reasons people overlook Penelo tends to be that she is arguably the least important character in the game. I like her as a character, but her story is linked too heavily to Vaan's and she doesn't have a clear story arc of her own unlike the other characters.

That is possible. Or maybe it is just Penelo's character. I mean, she is small and thin, hardly resembles a warrior. Guess there is a kind of prejudice on her physical profile. If you look closely, all other 5 play the character of a warrior somehow, even Vaan. But Penelo is the only one that if no one tells you she is a fighter, you would never guess.

That creates a mental judgement of saying Penelo is the weakest, making most take her out of the main three. A judgement made by appearences, I'd say.

But, actually, Penelo IS one of the best three. She is the character with most MP, making her the best for support magicks (healing and buffs).

On my next game I shall consider picking her on the main three as well. I will abandon the use of a magic damage dealer (who today is Ashe, of course), since I don't see any use for one beside level grinding. And I dare say that grinding isn't necessary in your main party at all. You should easily get level 99 only through the storyline, hunts and sidequests, if you play carefully. At least I did.

Back