Nintendo Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Good god we're so screwed with the new fairy type. Dragons have been my signatures for quite sometime X( There is also the fact of wonder if Milotic will be Fairy/Water now, considering she looks like a fairy type.

Hmmm...I wonder if 5-on-1 battles really are such a good idea. Triple and Rotation battles in B/W were absolutely awful; they were a convoluted mess that were more of an annoying gimmick than anything else, especially since they barely ever appeared in game. 5-on-1 has the potential to be even worse...or equally as pointless if such incidences only show up once or twice in game. Same with aerial battles - yes, they're a slightly new way of doing things, but how many aerial battles in the game are we actually going to have? I suppose we'll find out when the games comes out, but considering how shit B/W's new battles were, I wonder about these.

I don't much care about the multiplayer aspects. I have two 3DS, and my mother will play the game I don't, so I'm pretty self sufficient when it comes to trading etc. Seems like an improvement over the shit that B/W had for this, though.

The new designs are alright. Talonflame is an awful name, but I'll probably have one on my team; it looks alright for a Fletchling evo...although it does look like a third stage, and not a second, at least to me. Skrelp is a bit uninspiring, but Clauncher looks pretty cool.

I don't know how I'm gonna import Dratini and milotic for this baby. I'm keen on using them for my journeys here, I'm saving the last slot for the pseudo legendary of 6th gen.

Well now we know fairies butcher dragons. What butchers fairies?

Update time again!

Corocoro has leaked and a few new pokemon have been revealed.

corocoro6134.jpg

Shishiko (Fire/normal)

Vivillon was actually a third form.

corocoro6133.jpg

Kofukimushi, Spewpa & Vivillon

corocoro6135.jpg

Furabebe (Fairy type) It can use fairy wind.

corocoro6132.jpg

Pansy and Gym leader Viola(bug) Hakudan City

corocoro6131.jpg

Sana, Tieruno, and Toroba

The game starts in Asame Town. The other gender character in your game is known as Callum(Male) or Serena(female)

A rhyhorn lives in the main character's front garden.

More updates may follow

So I think the lion cub looks pretty cool. It is about time we have a lion pokemon! I totally see it evolving into a badass Lion. It is interesting to have 3 other trainers starting off at the same time as the main character. I must say that Furabebe looks like a cool design as well. I see potential for evolutions here.

I will have a Talonflame in my team- even if it means I go for another starter pokémon other than the Fire type.

Lion-o looks very intriguing. I can see some potential in a lion type.

The Fairy type isn't very influential to me, since I don't usually use dragons in my team. Recently, I have been using them... But I'm not sure I will for my X/Y team.

Fuck, I will have to learn Gen V's set aswell on. :hmmm:

An unusual pokemon appears + inspiration from France.

Junichi Masuda has revealed a completely new pokemon called Honedge for the upcoming X and Y pokemon games.

honedge_official_art_300dpi.jpg

Honedge is a ghostly sword with the typing of Ghost/Steel. Honedge is the first ghost/steel pokemon in the entire pokemon world.

Thought Honedge was just a sword? Think again. Honedge only comes alive once a departed spirit possesses a sword that once belonged to humans. The blue cloth attached to Honedge's hilt may be used as a quick "arm"

Honedge is capable of learning the move swords dance, which may suggest it has a very high attack stat.

Be careful to not wield Honedge as just any ordinary sword, because it may drain your energy!

honedge_screenshot_1.jpg

honedge_screenshot_2.jpg

honedge_screenshot_3.jpg

Source: Serebii Vg247

So what do you guys think of the new pokemon? Honedge actually looked pretty silly to me at first glance because I thought it was just an ordinary sword with eyes. We got ice cream pokemon last gen... and I originally thought this was just as bad. I hope this thing can grow on me. It looks a bit weird still. It looks ridiculous in battle.

I hope to see it evolve into something cool.

I usually bite my tongue when the odd or silly looking Pokémon are revealed. Every gen, without fail there have always been enough badass Pokémon to keep me happy.

I'm actually really looking forward to Pokémon X & Y. I completely skipped the Black & White generation, but I bought them recently to get caught up in anticipation of the new ones in October.

we had mega digimon, now meet MEGA POKEMON

corocoro8133.jpg

corocoro8134.jpg

corocoro8132.jpg

MegaMawile has the ability Huge Power, and itself and it old form are now steel/fairy. MegaBlaziken has Speed Boost. MegaLucario has Adaptability. MegaAbsol has the ability Magic Bounce. MegaMewtwo has the ability Insomnia. MegaAmpharos is Electric/Dragon and has the ability Mold Breaker

Oh dear me. A random handful of Pokémon get Mega levels now...

They're going to have the Pokémon and its trainer Biomerge/Matrix Digivolve into one super Pokémon next generation. Mark my words. Then after that, trainers earn the ability to turn into special new Pokémon.

some small updates, mega evolution is only a temp state for during battle, and a feature called Super Training is being added, this allows you to access EV's easier

Can't say I'm thrilled about this Mega- garbage. I have faith though, in the main, I always like Pokémon games.

It will be interesting to see how the accessing EVs easier will pan out too. I quite like the system as it is now, but we'll have to see.

Mega Kangaskhan confirmed, it has Parental Bond as it ability.... wait for it......

IT
CAN
ATTACK

TWICE

So much awesome fresh content being brought to the table by these upcoming games~ I've got Pokémon X pre-ordered, and come two months from the day after tomorrow, I'll be able to start playing with my Fennekin starter! ^w^

Each news tidbit we get about these games assures me I made the right choice in buying a 3DS for my birthday over a PS Vita. :-) I really like the Mega evolutions, even if they are a bit Digimon-ness.

Has anyone else been thinking this when they saw Mega evolution, temporary as it is?
Torchic>>>>>Combusken>>>Blaziken>>>>MegaBlaziken
~Rookie~>>~Champion~>>~Ultimate~>>~Mega~

:'D

Wow. Somebody has been actually updating this thread?

Okay well I saw the mega evolutions while I was away for a few days. I had to hit myself on the head to make sure it was real. Yeah.... when they turned out to be real I was all like WHAT.

I thought the idea was really really silly. None of these pokemon needed "mega evolutions"

My thoughts? Okay well we do not know just how game breaking they will be. It has been confirmed the Torchic with the Blazikenite is event only once X and Y launch. Other stones have been confirmed to be IN GAME. They better make them hard to get.

Mega Mawile gets defense and special defense up sharply.... + it has Huge power. That is a potential game breaker. Blaziken is already super good! I dont even know why blaziken NEEDS a mega evolution. Same with Lucario. This thing is getting + attack and adaptability? Christ.

Anyway! The only one I care for is Mega Absol. It is the only one that looks cool, IMO. I would prefer an Absol evolution though.

Ampharos becoming dragon is not surprising. Ampharos's name in Japanese is electric dragon sooo yeah.I think the design is horrendous though.

Why are these mega? They dont look much different. Mewtwo really needed higher special attack did he? He is going to be uber broken as mega mewtwo now.

We are getting new mega evolutions next month and some new pokemon. It is also the final corocoro before the game releases. Let us hope these mega evolutions do not overtake potential new pokemon.

Mega Kangaskhan looks a bit dumb. I guess it is super cool it can attack twice. Now let u just hope it does not get to target two different pokemon in doubles. Uber broken fake out yeah?

Basically... I think most Mega pokémon will be team foundations now. Lucario was already a well-known and strong choice; now he gets 'Roid pumped? I do like the idea, I just believe they could've chosen pokémon that actually needed it... Like quite a few bugs.

It could've changed the game up... But now it just cements favourites like Mewtwo and Lucario even more so.

I stopped updating this thread.... but I guess I shall again.

If anybody has not seen the Gamescom X and Y demo yet.

Oh and here is more info that might be interesting

Litleo has Unerve as an ability

Sylveon has cute charm

Helioptile has dry skin

Pikachu now has its anime cry(Pika Pika)

New battle music and more

^

You can hear new cries for Crobat and Mewtwo

Nostalgia!

Fennekin can learn psybeam(I am certain it will grow to be Psychic/fire)

Mega evolutions: You can still mega evolve(push a button) and attack in the same turn

Friendliness, Hunger, and Play are pokemon amie stats.

You can run without the need of running shoes.

Fairy type hit fire types for not very effective damage

Source: Serebii Pokebeach

I am really liking some of the new battle music! I guess the new cries are a bit unneeded?

2 starters at the start... check

get kanto starters... check

mega forms.... check

blastoise gets 3 cannons.... check

kerygasm.... check

in other stuff, pokemon bank announced, 3000 pokemon can be stored online, paid sub fee, but will work in future games

poke transfer also confirmed, can transfer pokemon from B/W2 into pokemon bank

Back