FFXIII-2 My thoughts on the ending. -Spoilers-

Twilight Sky

Blue Mage
Gil
It's one of those things where you wish there was an alternate ending, but there isn't. Paradox endings don't cut it. I'm torn that of all characters I've had to "lose" in an RPG, it had to be one that grew on me the most. It was easy for me to get over Aya Brea, I mean, for everything she did for humanity, it was the only way to truly save everyone.

::Incoming spoilers::

But Serah...

she died for nothing..All that changing and altering past and future events, and in the end, chaos was still released. Her efforts stopped nothing. But it just royally sucks because I liked her so much. I've totally lost interest in the game cause of this. But that's ok, cause it came right at the end. I had a lot of fun with the game. Just wish, you know, there's was something different.

I've quite a few problems with the ending - and, strangely, your issue isn't one of them.

I grew to really like Serah after finding her annoying in XIII - so I was shocked when she died. But I like that the game didn't have a fairy tale ending.

However, the things that did bother me are:

1. How did Hope live another century? Didn't Alyssa's machine break?
2. Why didn't Dajh ever age!? And how did he and Sazh come to be in 500 AF?
3. How did Snow become a l'Cie a second time? And where was he when the others were in Academia 500 AF?
4. What happened to Fang and Vanille?

i'd hoped that the paradox endings would clear those up a bit, but they didn't. :/

I also hated that ending :hmph:

Anyway, in case you don't know, the story is going to be continued in Lightning Returns FFXIII. There may still be hope for Serah's revival in some way or another.

I've quite a few problems with the ending - and, strangely, your issue isn't one of them.

I grew to really like Serah after finding her annoying in XIII - so I was shocked when she died. But I like that the game didn't have a fairy tale ending.

However, the things that did bother me are:

1. How did Hope live another century? Didn't Alyssa's machine break?
2. Why didn't Dajh ever age!? And how did he and Sazh come to be in 500 AF?
3. How did Snow become a l'Cie a second time? And where was he when the others were in Academia 500 AF?
4. What happened to Fang and Vanille?

i'd hoped that the paradox endings would clear those up a bit, but they didn't. :/

1. I don't think Alyssa's machine broke. It didn't, right? When was this stated in the game?
2. In the DLC scenario, Sazh and Dajh (who are still in their present time period) accidentally entered a wormhole to Serendipity. They managed to escape the place and ended up in Academia 500AF. So it's a form of time travel for them.
3. Snow said that an unnamed fal'cie branded him, and it is voluntary because Snow wanted l'cie powers to save Cocoon. The identity of this fal'cie is not known, but I don't see why they have to reveal it, because an unnamed character is not really a direct plothole. Also, in another DLC scenario, Snow eventually ended up in the Coliseum. A mysterious black haze Yeul prevented him from exiting the place. So he wasn't present in Academia 500AF.
4. The normal ending actually had Sazh stating that he managed to evacuate Fang and Vanille's crystals before Cocoon collapses. Even though they are still crystallised, we can be quite assured that they are safe in some form.

Just a heads up for those who don't know, in the upcoming LRXIII, the world didn't actually end when chaos engulf the world. I know. It doesn't make sense to me too. I always thought that chaos would result in time collapsing and the world ending immediately. Instead, the world turns into a new environment called Novus Partus.

I also hated that ending :hmph:

Anyway, in case you don't know, the story is going to be continued in Lightning Returns FFXIII. There may still be hope for Serah's revival in some way or another.

1. I don't think Alyssa's machine broke. It didn't, right? When was this stated in the game?
2. In the DLC scenario, Sazh and Dajh (who are still in their present time period) accidentally entered a wormhole to Serendipity. They managed to escape the place and ended up in Academia 500AF. So it's a form of time travel for them.
3. Snow said that an unnamed fal'cie branded him, and it is voluntary because Snow wanted l'cie powers to save Cocoon. The identity of this fal'cie is not known, but I don't see why they have to reveal it, because an unnamed character is not really a direct plothole. Also, in another DLC scenario, Snow eventually ended up in the Coliseum. A mysterious black haze Yeul prevented him from exiting the place. So he wasn't present in Academia 500AF.
4. The normal ending actually had Sazh stating that he managed to evacuate Fang and Vanille's crystals before Cocoon collapses. Even though they are still crystallised, we can be quite assured that they are safe in some form.

Just a heads up for those who don't know, in the upcoming LRXIII, the world didn't actually end when chaos engulf the world. I know. It doesn't make sense to me too. I always thought that chaos would result in time collapsing and the world ending immediately. Instead, the world turns into a new environment called Novus Partus.

In Academia 4XX AF Alyssa said the machine broke after a single use.

Ah cheers. I don't bother with DLC so didn't know any of that.

I thought about that, with XIII-3 Lightening Return.
Since she is supposed to be protecting the will of Serah.
And sinfonietta, I didn't play XIII past Lake Bresha to get to know her at all.

Now that I think about it, she got screwed in both games >_>. (IwouldhavelikeditifherdefaultoutfitfromXIIIwasDLC)

About snow..

My theory is he got it from Proto Fal'Cie Adam. IIRC the only known living "natural" fal'cie at the time was Etro, so it couldn't have been her.)

My theory is he got it from Proto Fal'Cie Adam. IIRC the only known living "natural" fal'cie at the time was Etro, so it couldn't have been her.)

Yeah that's what I think too.
However, keep in mind that Etro isn't technically a fal'cie, but a 'goddess'.
In addition, only Cocoon fal'cie were shut down when Orphan was defeated. Pulse fal'cie still exist. This includes Fenrir, which appears in Yaschas Massif.

In the wiki, it says it was Cactuar. He followed a Cactuar and discovered it was a Fal'Cie, then asked it to Brand him with the Focus to protect Serah in the final battle or something...correct me if I'm confused.

Back