Help Should I be frantically levelling up my characters?

Gabe

Your friend.
Veteran
Gil
I'm about to go into the Stilshrine after the Paramina Rift, and my entire group is Level 27-28. Most of my characters have between 1200-1300 HP, and I think Fran and Basch have over 1400. I only have the basic black magic skills on everyone, but they all have white magic skills up to Cura, Raise, Esuna, etc. I struggled a lot during the last boss battle, but I've already done a lot of grinding. Is this good? :S How much grinding should I be doing if I simply want to complete the game's main story?

I'm about to go into the Stilshrine after the Paramina Rift, and my entire group is Level 27-28. Most of my characters have between 1200-1300 HP, and I think Fran and Basch have over 1400. I only have the basic black magic skills on everyone, but they all have white magic skills up to Cura, Raise, Esuna, etc. I struggled a lot during the last boss battle, but I've already done a lot of grinding. Is this good? :S How much grinding should I be doing if I simply want to complete the game's main story?

Wow level 27-28 is more than enough for the boss in the stilshrine of miriam. I could very easily kill the boss at level 25, recently. Just make sure you kill the minions first.

So I'm saying, your current levels are very good for now. There's no need to grind too much to complete the game, actually.

Yep that's perfect keep up the good work

Mod Edit:
Final Fantasy
Please take note that the forums consider short replies such as this as spam. Spam posts may be deleted. Please elaborate a little more on your point.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am always an advocate of "over leveling" characters.. i actually maxed my guys out at level 99 to beat the game. took a lot of time. when i was at the still shrine, i was level 35 and pretty much walked through that place unharmed.

and also, if you can land the zodiac spear..it will do wonders to decimate monsters and bosses. i got it by sheer luck.

Back