Help Trouble getting Fire Dance Blitz to work

vbedelia

Gil
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and Final Fantasy in General. I'm playing VI on my wii consul using a gamecube controller, and the Blitz moves are giving me a lot of trouble. I know how to use them, they just aren't working for some reason, and I seem to be getting worse and worse at them. The fire dance move in particular I'm struggling with. When I first learned it I had about a 60% success rate at pulling it off, but now as I try it more and more, I seem to be over compensating for something or doing something wrong because I get it to work less and less often. Now I'd say 1 in 20 times that I execute the move does it actually work. Does anyone have any tips for doing Blitz moves? particularly on the Wii? Does it matter if you go slow or fast? Does it matter if you bring the joystick back to the middle each time? Thanks in advanced.

I'm not sure if I can help you on this...

But try

Left, left, down, right, right

I think from memory that's how you do it on the PlayStation version, but I have no idea if it would work on the wii. I don't have a Wii so I don't know what the controls would like, sorry.

^ Left, Down+Left, Down, Down+Right, Right.

I don't know that I've ever done it with a joystick but I'd imagine it might be a little trickier. One thing off the top of my head that you might want to be careful with is if you release the joystick back to the middle, it might jump past the center point and the controller might register it as a "push" in the opposite direction, screwing up the input. Dunno if that's happening, but it's a thought. So I would suggest being a bit .... gentle with the joystick, for lack of a better term. Maybe even just holding the last input while pressing the action button.

Also, speed is somewhat relative. You can't necessarily go too fast, but you can go too slow. Only thing I can say with that is to make it a smooth motion. Even on the original, I would miss on a blitz fairly regularly. Maybe 1 out of every 10 or so. So it definitely happens.

Shouldn't you be able to use the Gamecube's D-PAD, not the joystick? I can get why it isn't working if you are stuck with the joystick as your option. Try going slower with the joystick, and make sure it isn't broken or being stickied when you press it a certain way. How old is the controller?

If its possible, try using the D-PAD. If it still happens, like the above, check to see if its being held down by something when you press it. Had it happen to me twice on my SNES and PSX controllers. *sigh*

*I'm assuming you have the Wii version of the Gamecube controller, not the original brand of controllers and that the Wii version includes the D-PAD.*

Back