Does anybody else HATE the Great Crystal?

I kind of liked the Great Crystal in a way in which I didn't really mind it. When I first came across it it was fairly easy to navigate because I just went south until I found the next cutscene. It's also pretty simple to find what you're looking for using a map online, at least it was for me. The only problem I've ever had with it is that one time I was trying to get to Excalibur and I think I was overwhelmed by the monsters who kept beating me. Admittedly, if I didn't use a map to get to Ultima or anything else in there I probably would have split the controller in frustration. Also, it was a pain to get there since you had to go through Giruvegan every time you made the journey.

Honestly, though, whoever made this dungeon must have been out of their mind.

The great crystal took some getting used to but I did spend a lot of time in there to get all the rare items like Excalibur and the best shield and of course fighting ultimate and omega mk XII. It just takes some getting used to, to be honest.

The Great Crystal... First time I ever played this game, I got so frustrated, got lost and almost died because of the Mom Bombs. Lol. But after playing through this game about 2 times and going on my 3rd go, I did it from memory so I got to Shemhazai with ease. It's trying to get to Ultima or Omega is what got me. I can find Ultima, with help of course, but can't get to Omega. I also gave up trying to chain the Ash Wyrm for the Moon Ring or find the best dagger, and Excalibur.

The Great Crystal(and the entire area of Giruvegan) is a great place to not only grind on levels, but also get some serious loot. Like seriously, spend a good 1-2 hours in that place level-grinding/loot-grinding and you'll get a shitton of it. As for the extras(weapons and such), yeah it's pretty much hell. I don't hate it, but not really a fan of it either(in that sense only). xD

The Great Crystal(and the entire area of Giruvegan) is a great place to not only grind on levels, but also get some serious loot. Like seriously, spend a good 1-2 hours in that place level-grinding/loot-grinding and you'll get a shitton of it. As for the extras(weapons and such), yeah it's pretty much hell.
I couldn't agree more. I love the area. But yes, it's challenging, especially when it comes to late-game treasure hunting, finding marks, etc.

Also, it adds quite a bit to the story in a nice fashion.

I didn't mind it too much to be honest with you. I loved the place. Then again I had diamond armlet which let me pick rare items from chests, so I did eventually get the Excalibur from the Great Crystal. I didn't find Ultima or the Omega Mark so maybe I was just lucky that it didn't give me such a hard time. I didn't necessarily find the enemies in there to be hard as well. I don't even remember how long I was in there, but I know I enjoyed it all the same story wise.

Honestly, at first it was a big confusing mess. I mean I kinda used the Brady's guide to maneuver my way around most of the game, but the Great Crystal I had to deep into it to make sure I didn't get surprised by random ass-whoopins no where near a save crystal.

Once I got to the higher reaches of it and was looking for Omega mark XIII and one of the Esper's I believe may be up there somewhere, I kinda had fun destroying the mini-bosses and leveling up and grinding there.

Back