Bambi

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
I know there's a Bomb, Cockatrice, Goblin and something else?

Who drops them and where? Ive had a bit of a google but Im not really finding anything specific. Ive encountered a L'il Murderer that drops a Goblin,
which it didn't... anyway, help...?

Anything else I should be looking out for, for completion sake?

edit* PSP version, if that makes any odds

There's also a Mindflayer as well as the three you mentioned. Any of the summons can be dropped by a monster of the same type, so for example, the goblin summon can be dropped by an Goblin-type monster, but it happens randomly, so it can take a bit of trial and error (about 1/64 chance if I remember right).

I know there's a Bomb, Cockatrice, Goblin and something else?

Who drops them and where? Ive had a bit of a google but Im not really finding anything specific. Ive encountered a L'il Murderer that drops a Goblin,
which it didn't... anyway, help...?

Anything else I should be looking out for, for completion sake?

edit* PSP version, if that makes any odds

Since I've beaten Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection and did 100% on Final Fantasy IV part and a bit in Interlude and After Years, I know how drops and everything in the PSP system works.

First of all, there's a 1 in 64 odd of getting the summon from all types. Secondly, the 1 in 64 chance only applies if items are dropped at all. It does not apply to every battle. It also does not matter how many of the enemies appear in the battle; you have the same chance of getting the Goblin Summon whether there's three Goblins or a Goblin, a Helldiver, and a Floating Eye grouped together, the same rules are for all summons.

Here are the monsters that drop summons and the best way to get them in Final Fantasy IV. Note, you should have auto battle turned on and battle speed to 1 to make this much quicker.

Goblin-This is found anywhere, but most commonly in Mist Cave. Goblin's drop item's kinda often so it shouldn't take too long. All types of Goblins drop the summon.

Cockatrice-This can be more annoying to get, just because it's not as often for you to encounter this enemy. All recolors of this enemy drop the summon, and appear around Baron, Eblan, and in the Mountain Areas. My recommendation, is to go to Lunar Ruins (if you have it), go into Rydia's trial and fight there. There's three types of enemies that appear there: Mist Summoner, which summons the other two, Mist Kraken and Mist Eagle. Mist Eagle drops the Cockatrice summon and appears fairly often compared to it's other counterparts. It still may take a while to get, but keep going, as it's not useless because it nets you good exp and Gil as well. It is good to note Mist Krakens drop the Mindflayer summon so you can shoot for getting that at the same time as this if you wish.

Mindflayer-This enemy is rarely encountered in the game, but it's spotted in Lodestone Cavern in a Treasure Room. (Can't remember which.) I'm gonna copy what I wrote above and modify it a bit; My recommendation, is to go to Lunar Ruins (if you have it), go into Rydia's trial and fight there. There's three types of enemies that appear there: Mist Summoner, which summons the other two, Mist Kraken and Mist Eagle. Mist Kraken drops the Mindflayer summon and appears fairly often compared to it's other counterparts. It still may take a while to get, but keep going, as it's not useless because it nets you good exp and Gil as well. It is good to note Mist Eagles drop the Cockatrice summon so you can shoot for getting that at the same time as this if you wish.

Bomb-Oddly, the normal Bomb enemy does not drop this, only it's stronger counterparts. (Minus the Gray Bomb.) So, the earliest point you can obtain this summon is the moon, in which it is a rare encounter. I recommend you go to Lunar Ruins (if you have it.), and go through it until you find the bomb room. This may take a while, but you'll know when you find it, it's a room filled with lava and bombs hopping out. Touching a bomb on the map sends you into battle with a certain type. Make sure they aren't the normal Bombs or Gray Bombs, and if they aren't, attack away. (Or just hold X if you have auto battle on.) Eventually, you will get this summon, but it will take a while, as the Bomb enemies rarely drop items.

Ugh, huge text wall, anyway, that just goes for the Final Fantasy IV portion. For interlude, I don't have as good tips and they are short. In interlude, since you can't go back, it's possible to miss these.

Goblin-Appears in overworld, and not in any dungeons as far as I can tell, so it will take a bit to get.

Cockatrice-Mt. Ordeals.

Mindflayer-Sealed Cave room.

Bomb-I'm not sure, but I think the Balloon appears in Mount Ordeals, which drops the summon, so go after that.

As for after years, you can't miss them as easily, but I don't have great tips for these. It IS possible to get all summons in Rydia's tale, however, which is what I will list.

Goblin and Cockatrice appear in the Passage of the Eidolons, you have access to this until you go to the Overworld, after that, if you don't want to redo the tale, Find them in another story, they are common everywhere, and Rydia won't need summons until the final tale, anyway.

Mindflayer summon can be obtained in Agart Mines, as it appears there kind of often. Bomb enemies appear in Rydia's challenge dungeon, so you can obtain the Bomb summon there.

Aaaand, that's all to my knowledge. Sorry for the text wall. I know all of this in my head because I played FF4 complete nonstop once it was out and got obsessed. Anyway, hope this helps!

Back