[RP] Final Fantasy IX: Scars of Terra

Noblesse Oblige

The Dawn of a New Chronicle
Veteran
Gil
The Place I'll Return To Someday-Legacy

The City of Alexandria, it was a peaceful, yet bustling metropolis where the best minds of the Mist Continent come to share their genius among the people. Under the rule of Queen Garnet and King Zidane, much art, and culture had come to kingdom than it ever did with its predecessor, Queen Brahne.

It was cool March day. Spring was yet to come, and yet there were much rumors going around about a war being started by one of the Forgotten Continent Kingdoms. This of course was something that was not in the interests of the soldiers or the Royal Guard of the Royal Alexandrian Army. More in particular with Lieutenant Annelise Steiner, of whom was talking with a few friends from the academy.

“I can’t believe we’re going on our first mission, huh Jeanne?”

“Yeah I know!!! Hey Anne, are you looking forward to it?”

Anne wasn’t paying much attention to her friends; she was instead looking to the sky, seeing the birds fly up in the sky.

“Hey Anne!!!” Jeanne said, snapping Annelise from her little daydream. “Oh…I’m sorry.” Anne said, “Who are we waiting on?”

Maria, another of Annelise’s friends looked at the top of the steps, “We’re still waiting on our Commander, General Gisale to brief us on what we have to do, she’s still talking with the Queen on the final preparations with the plan and we may see Her Majesty as well.”

Jeanne added, “They also decided to send in three of the Knights of Pluto to be placed under the General’s command, though I’m not surprised that they’ll be coming in as well. I even hear that a Knight from Ipsen will be joining us as well, that means that’ll be thirteen of us.”

Annelise listened to all the information perceived, the nine of them from their regiment, the Blue Winged Knights would be teaming up three of the nine Pluto Knights and a Warrior from a faraway land. The situation must be dire for something of the sort to be happening. Annelise was unsure if she was ready for such a battle. Maybe her parents fought similar battles when they underwent their first missions.

Looking back up to the sky, Annelise wondered, would she be able to fight as hard as her friends, her fellow comrades?

Rior Laistan
Black Mage Village.

A slight wind rustled through the golden strands of a young genome boy. He was known as Rior and he'd lived in the tiny village since he was 1 year old. He wasn't any one important, he hadn't done anything worthy of being noticed, all in all he was just a normal 18 year old guy. He dressed in baggy sweaters made for him from the wool of Yams by the Black Mages, creamy cotton pants and soft leathery boots...yup just normal. This fact is what upset him most. During his childhood he'd been told the tales of Zidane Tribal, the Genome who saved Gaia, the courage and strength he posessed and how he ended up living a happily ever after.

Rior envied this, he wanted to be something other than the boy next door. The Genome no one had ever heard of... He crumpled his blond eyebrows, hazel eyes glaring out into the world. He'd barely ventured outside the Village, he was told it was dangerous, told he wasn't strong enough. Well he was sick of being told what to do. The male clutched at his sandybrown satchel, feeling the items inside. He was prepared to leave, he had a few potions tucked away, he had his healing magic, his sword Grimsilver, forged just for him by the Synth Mage No. 1904, yup. A lot of mages had been and gone in Rior's lifetime.

He took a few steps forward and swallowed, wind blowing the little bells and tassles tied around his golden tail, they made a soothing ringing sound. He was at the edge of the Village now, one more step and he'd be free, free to explore a world he'd never seen.

"..It's now or never......"
he whispered to himself and took a large step...There.... he was outside the village... It didn't feel any different.

"Ha!" He laughed "Ha, Ha, Ha!! Those stupid Mages, telling me I can't handle myself out he--Arghhh!!!!" Mid-sentence a large mushroom shaped monster appeared, it was known as a Myconid, but Rior didn't know that. It charged straight for the Genome, knocking him to the floor.

It looked like he'd have his first random encounter in the first minute of leaving his home town... Well that was just his luck...He got to his feet and readied himself, gulping loudly.

"W-well here goes nothing..."
He said pulling his sword from its sheath as the monster drew close once again.

~*~

(OOC) Ok so @Bathoin, your character can help mine out if you want us to travel together :) Otherwise Rior will take this monster out himself

Last edited:
Koyomi was trying to get some sleep, after a hard day of fighting nearby foes in order to feed himself for another day, His home made of the Grand Dragons he frequently defeated in order to create his home, but instead of sleeping, he could not shake the feeling that something terribly huge was on it's way...

"dammit! Looks like i won't be sleeping tonight." He thought to himself, looking northwards, in the direction of Oeilvert.

Several hours passed, and morning was starting to rear it's head. "Urgh. After preparing all damned night, i guess i'm as ready as i'll ever be..." he said to himself, taking one final sigh, before he made his way to the edge of the island, staring at the shallows below him

While standing there, unsure wether he wants to waste energy 'treading water' from island to island, or wether to wait for a Daguerro ship to help him make his way, he looked back at the forests he once called home...

"you dragons will live to see another day...." he said calmly, before swaying his head to the shallow waters once again.

Koyomi looked up at the sky, checking to see if any ships were passing by, but by the looks of it, it seemed everyone was too focused on preparations, noticing the unusually thick black fog emnating from the back of Daguerra...

"seems i'm not the only one who's caught on..." he said to himself, shaking his head before grasping his twin swords..

"Time to be off....i suppose" He said once again, before taking a step onto the side of the island rocks, dashing past the islands, but as he got closer to the Forgotten Continent, his eyesight started to get blurrier and blurrier...

"urgh... this is what i get for not waking up properly before running such a long distance" He thought to himself, as he was starting to feel his legs sink into the water.

After much struggle and force, Koyomi did reach the Forgotten Continent, exhausted from the lack of Physical and Mental preparation, began swaying from side to side, no longer able to take another step...

*huff-huff-huff* "Urgh...this... is irritating" he said, struggingly, before his legs finally gave way, sending him face first into the ground, Koyomi giving a deep sigh, just laying there in the dirt, face first, not being able to move for a while...

(OOC:I decided to just hurry up and get Koyomi to the forgotten Continent, near Oeilvert so there's no need for ship detours and so the main storyplot can progress faster. Don't need 10 posts confusing other RPer's because my characters lagging, lol)

Ricard Fairne
Alexandria Castle

Attending to his patrols as always, Ricard occupied himself with a sweep of the West Tower, ensuring that nothing suspicious happened and no unauthorized citizens entered... Not that either ever happened. This day was just as dull as any other, another boring walk around the tower, after another sweep of the top and bottom he took a break at the top of the staircase, remembering his assigned mission. He was to be a part of a detachment of Knights that would be headed to Cleyra.

Hearing the sound of footsteps approaching from below Ricard stood up and proceeded to intercept the person, upon realising it was his commander he stood to attention, saluting him. "The mission is about to start, get moving to The Enterprise on the double!"

Without needing to be told twice, Ricard gave him an affirmative nod and walked down the staircase a final time, if he wasn't always here his legs would've given up long ago. Heading to the area that The Enterprise was housed he encountered the two Pluto Knights that he would be joining up with for this mission. "So, when are the babes getting here?" Ricard shook his head "They're not 'babes' they are knights just like us, why not get your mind out of the gutter for five minutes?"

His friends replied with a laugh "Aww c'mon! Hey, I know! Which one do you prefer?" the other knight laughed a little as Ricard crossed his arms "What do you mean 'which one do you prefer'?"

"You know, which one's your type!" Ricard expected something like that, shaking his head in disbelief "And you know every time you ask me to join your guy games about which of the soldiers I like that I tell you to shut up, right?"

Ricard walked past them at this point and started making his way on board The Enterprise, looking around the area from the airship was certainly more appealing than when on the ground.

Lan Ester
Black Mage Village

It was a very big day for Lan. For the first time in his life, he was allowed to travel outside the safety of the village and explore the world for himself. His green robe fluttered slightly as his tail twitched in anticipation of what to expect on the outside world. Almost everyone in the village wished him luck. After all, they all are seeing the adopted son of Mikoto leave the village for the first time.

"Well, this will be the experience of the lifetime." Lan smiled as he pulled the tied brown satchel close to him. He felt the various items of potions, phoenix downs, at least 1000 gils and, for some odd reason, Chocobo feathers. On his hip, the old Cat Claws his mentor gave to him hung loosely as he walked past the boarders of the Village while in his mind, the tales of Zidane ran lightly through his mind.

Lan took in the sights as he then saw a lone Genome preparing to fight against a Myconid.

"Is that what master calls a Myconid?" Lan wondered as he put on the Cat Claws.

Lan ran up and tossed his pack at the charging Myconid, knocking it back a bit. Stopping beside the Genome, Lan prepared to fight as he looked at the genome. His style of clothing could be said at politest was unbearable. The sword at hand suggested that he was a warrior, but if there was anything Lan's mentor beat into him in the early days of training, it was to never judge a fighter by what weapon he uses.

"Looks like you got yourself into a bit of a mess already. Wanna take it out as a team?" Lan asked before rushing in for a strike with his tail marking the trail he took. The Myconid spun rapidly as it tried to slice Lan in half. Lan saw his chance and ducked while slicing the stem of the Myconid. It was a decent wound that would not put it out for the count as Lan jumped backward out of the Myconid's reach

F*** YEAH! FINALLY!

Alleria Stormseeker

There was a good reason for the 'Stormseeker' in her name. Walking up the boards onto the Enterprise, she immediately found her eyes scanning the deck. It had always been her dream to challenge a worthy opponent. Fingering the hilt of her broadsword, she sighed.

Not anytime soon, Alleria. Not anytime soon.

Hers was not a subtle entrance as the various knights turned to look over at her hair of indigo, and her outlandish dress. Suddenly self-conscious, Alleria walks over to a quieter part of the deck.

The weather was cool, even for the amply-dressed Alleria. Taking in a deep breath, she walks over to the knight closest to her. This female knight was about the same height as Alleria, except with chestnut brown hair - reminding vividly of the description used for Beatrix back at Ipsen.

Still, it was clear that wasn't the case - with both her eyes perfectly normal.

"Excuse me, may I know if General Gisale is around? I am a Knight from Ipsen, and am supposed to report in as soon as I arrive."

Garnet Til Alexandros XVII, Queen of Alexandria

"Is that so, General Gisale?"

Walking alongside, Garnet was trying her best to look at the General without accidentally stepping on her dress in the process. Even though she having pretty much grew up walking this way, she still had difficulties.

[OOC: Noblesse, just feel free to God-Mod Garnet if necessary. I'm not sure what General Gisale meant to speak about, but if the Garnet would show up briefly at the Enterprise, it would save time to simply GM her there. Feel free.]

Rior Laistan
Black Mage Village.

"Looks like you got yourself into a bit of a mess already. Wanna take it out as a team?" Came a voice from behind.

Rior turned to look at the owner of the voice, noticing a young Genome, he recognised him from the Village, he was the adopted kid of Mikoto. The young Genome threw himself at the creature, cutting into it's stem.

Well, Rior didn't think the little pip-squeak had any fight in him but he was just proved wrong, but now wasn't the time to think about that, the monster had been injured and it was now his turn. The blond resheathed his sword and began a small quiet chant, the floor glowing red beneath him, strange ancient symbols, those of magic users, appeared. He then thrust his left hand forward and instantly the myconid caught alight. Flames bursting out all over the thing, it screached in pain before falling silent, it had been defeated.

The older boy let out a sigh, well he'd beaten his first monster... although he'd had some help... which was kind of annoying. Turning his attention back to the boy who's name escaped him, he frowned.

"Why're you out here? Run along home to your mother." He said flicking his wrist to shoo the boy away. Rior was not a social guy, that was probably why he went about his life mostly unnoticed and he felt this kid was going to mess up his plans.

He was about to take his leave when he realised he didn't actually know which direction to take.

"Errr...you wouldn't happen to know where the nearest exit off this continent would be, would you?"

Robert Crescent
Alexandria Castle

Robert entered into the castle where others had gathered. In all of his recollection, this was the first time he had come to Alexandria on his own. He was usually accompanied by his father Fratley and mother Freya, or sometimes just his mother. However, this was his journey now, and what better place to start than Alexandria.

He came mostly during his childhood and spent the majority of his time with King Zidane, and he would often refer to Zidane and Garnet as his aunt and uncle, as that's how he addressed them when he was still a kid. He also spent plenty of time playing with Sarah and later acted like an older brother towards Kuja. However, over those years he had begun to develop a crush on Sarah, and at times it felt as though she felt the same about him. During his journey from Burmecia into Alexandria, he had heard of a soon to come mission and thus wanted to lend his skills to the task. Something like this would truly test his skills as a fully knighted, top of his graduating class Dragon Knight.

After wandering the castle for a bit, he saw Queen Garnet walking alongside General Gisale. He walked up towards them from the side, so that he would not be in their way. Bowing his head, he waited to be recognized. "Good day your majesty." he greeted her in a formal manner, something he only did in the presence of strangers or other military figures that he was not acquainted with.

Last edited:
Lan Ester.
Black mage Village: Outskirts

Seeing the Monster die in a burst of flames told Lan one thing. The guy was a mage.

"Why're you out here? Run along home to your mother."

Hearing that, Lan was a bit annoyed himself as he took off his Cat Claw. Turning to see the man Lan retorted, " That makes both of us if you intend to bring me back. Besides, we both know that we want to explore the world. "

Now having a good look at the Genome, Lan remembers a quiet Genome that kept to himself. He didn't know the name of the person speaking to him, but yet again, the guy kept to himself.

"Errr...you wouldn't happen to know where the nearest exit off this continent would be, would you?"

Lan walked over to the pack that he threw and opened it. Picking through his items, he came across the map he was given from his mentor and waved it in plain sight of the guy.

"You decided to go out of the village without a map at hand? You are awfully unprepared considering you had your own pack. In any case, I have the map here. If you want to get out of the area, you'll need this map." Lan said smiling as he picked up his pack and started to walk away from the man figuring that if the man didn't want to get lost, he would have to follow him.

"My name is Lan Ester. What's yours?" Lan asked as he opened the map while keeping a firm grip on it in case the man decided to try and steal it.

Last edited:
OOC: @Fratley: You might wanna edit that post, as Garnet is walking with a normal human. Here is her image [link]
SPOILER ALERT:
To be fair, Gisale is a Genome, but her tail is hidden behind her cape, so it would not be east to spot. Her Genome heritage will be revealed later.

@Ravness: I'll GM Garnet for you, do you want me to have her stay on the Enterprise as we go, or have her stay in Alexandria?

IC:

General Gisale
"Is that so, General Gisale?"

"Yes, Your Highness." Gisale said, her long blonde-white hair fowing in the distance along with her cape. The General's Large Sword held in between the armor and her cape clanged as she walked with her Queen. Garnet almost found it hard to believe. The sword was almost as tall as she was and was nearly a foot in width. Perhaps that was what made her a top notch warrior in the Alexandrian Army.

"The Oeilvert Army moved faster than we had anticipated, and the Cleyran Stadtholder had requested assistance from both Lindblum and Alexandria. We do not know how long they will hold out, but we will allow a repeat of what happened seventeen years ago to happen here."

Garnet looked at her general whilst slowly walking, "I agree. I do not wish for such a tragedy to happen upon the Cleyrans again." As the two were walking, Garnet saw a familiar face kneeling a few feet from her. Garnet walked up closer to the figure and saw it was a Burmecian Knight, not just that, but someone she knew. "Sir Robert, it has been a long time since we've seen each other, how are you?"

----
Annelise Steiner

As Annelise looked at the skies over Alexandria, she heard someone speak. "Uh, Anne?" Maria said, "Look behind you."

Anne looked down at Maria, then quickly turned around to see a lavender-haired female with a sword and battle dress. Since she looked different from the Alexandrian soldiers, she must be the warrior from the Kingdom of Ipsen.

"Excuse me, may I know if General Gisale is around? I am a Knight from Ipsen, and am supposed to report in as soon as I arrive."

Annelise spoke, "She will be onboard the Enterprise soon. As we speak, she is currently running through the final plans with Her Majesty the Queen."

Trying to be friendly, Annelise smiled. "In the meantime, you could talk with some of the people on board, get to know who you will be working with."

Alleria Stormseeker

There was just an air about this knight, apparently known as 'Anne' to her fellow knights, that kept Alleria on edge. Perhaps it was her slight resemblance to the famed General Beatrix of legend; or was it a slight resemblance to the great Adelbert Steiner?

Alleria had seen many different portraits of the two, well enough to recognize some of their features in different people. Here, it was just the same, and with Anne being in Knighthood, it only made her more curious. She decided against asking, however.

"I am Alleria Stormseeker, Knight from Ipsen. They sent me because my swordsmanship is unmatched."

Which, in other words, meant that she sought to be proven wrong. Always arrogant whenever it comes to the subject of swordsmanship, Alleria occasionally steps on the toes of her superiors, but nothing too serious - most of the time.

[OOC: Noblesse Oblige Feel free to decide, though I suppose Garnet would be following, even if her duties dictate otherwise. She'll be more than willing to help when she knows of it.]

Rior Laistan
Black Mage Village.

Well it looked like the boy was out on his own adventure, he was so young though, Rior thought as he looked over the smaller Genome, all covered in green.

"You decided to go out of the village without a map at hand? You are awfully unprepared considering you had your own pack. In any case, I have the map here. If you want to get out of the area, you'll need this map."

He blushed, it was true, he'd forgotten a map, in fact he hadn't even thought about bringing a map, how stupid. The thought of grabbing the map from the kid and running crossed his mind but as he watched he noticed he had a tight grip on it.

"My name is Lan Ester. What's yours?"

Well it looked like they'd be traveling together, this Lan kid had the map and Rior had no way of knowing which way to go. The Mages never educated him about the surrounding areas of the Black Mage Village. Perhaps they wanted to keep him safe in there and hoped he'd never want to leave... well it had the opposite effect on him.

"Rior..." he finally answered. "My name's Rior Laistan. Now which way do we go?" He asked coldly. Rior wasn't one for making friends, he didn't open up to others easily either.

"And what's your class?" He followed after Lan as he spoke.

Listening to the female soldiers talk amongst themselves, one in particular caught Ricard's attention.

"I am Alleria Stormseeker, Knight from Ipsen. They sent me because my swordsmanship is unmatched."

Ricard couldn't help but let out a silent snicker, 'pride comes before the fall' he thought to himself. He would say it but right now he didn't need to be an instigator to causing disfunction within the ranks. Keeping his head down he walked down to the lower levels and stood next to the staircase leading downwards.

If nothing else it kept other people away for the time being, perhaps when they arrived at their destination he'd take the time to talk with the others.

Lan Ester
Black Mage Village: Outskirts.

Lan nodded after hearing Rior's name. Ignoring the cold tone in his voice, the green robed boy looked over the map once before folding it up.

"We will continue on this way. As soon as we pass some mountain ridges, we should take a left. After that, Fossil Roo should be there soon enough." Lan said as he and Rior marched through the forest.

"And what's your class?"

Lan smiled as that question reminds him of his mentor back in the Black Mage Village.

"My class eh. I'm a Monk. My fist and my Claws are the weapons I trained in and I owe it all to my mentor." Lan replied as the forest trees slowly became few. Soon enough, Lan started seeing the faint light beyond the trees as well as a growing smell of sea water filling his nose. His tail twitched as if it was enjoying the smell as well.

"What about you Ri? What makes you want to see the world? I'm just in it for the sights. But you must have wanted to do something if you left the village without a map." Lan questioned looking at his new companion while walking backward taking it upon himself to give Rior a nickname. It was a habit Lan fell into, giving people he knew or now knows.

Robert Crescent
Alexandria Castle

Robert rose to his feet and offered a smile to the queen. Unlike his parents, he didn't wear head gear which most Dragon Knights did. He held his father's lance straight up, resting the bottom of the polearm on the ground. "I am well, though I did not come for a casual visit. I was sent to explore the world as my mother did. Though with everything that is happening in Cleyra, and of what I have overheard of this mission, I would humbly ask to be allowed to join this mission of yours. I wish to aid my brethren in Cleyra, and now that I am a full fledged Dragon Knight like my mother and father, I wish to test my skills." Robert spoke with a calm and dutiful tone of voice.

While there were certainly many things to talk about regarding all of the recent events in his family life and in Burmecia as a whole, there would be time for idle chat later. His only hope was that he would not run into Beatrix. While he held no real hate towards her, she was still responsible for what happened in Cleyra and Burmecia, as well as another development that his family only recently discovered.

OOC: Fair enough, Rav. Knowing Garnet, she would not shy away from people at need, but she would be needed at the castle, more so cause that is what I put down on my plot spark notes. I'll have an event ready for Garnet though, most likely involving the evacuation of the Cleyrans from Oeilvert-occupied Cleyra.

General Gisale and Queen Garnet XVII

"I am well, though I did not come for a casual visit. I was sent to explore the world as my mother did. Though with everything that is happening in Cleyra, and of what I have overheard of this mission, I would humbly ask to be allowed to join this mission of yours. I wish to aid my brethren in Cleyra, and now that I am a full fledged Dragon Knight like my mother and father, I wish to test my skills."

"Then I implore you to aid us in the defense of Cleyra." General Gisale said at the Burmecian Dragon Knight. "After all, we will need all the help we can possibly get."

"Thank you Robert." Garnet bowed slightly in respect, "We must aid our friends and try to foster peace on the continent."

Garnet and General Gisale came down towards Alexandria Harbor, where the Airship known as the Enterprise laid in dock.

----
Annelise Steiner

Jeanne could not believe the words that came out of that warriors mouth. "Heh, I like to be the judge of that." But before Jeanne moved to draw her sword to challenge Alleria, Maria put her hand between the Knight from Ipsen and the soldier from Alexandria. "That is enough. Focus your attention on the enemy, not each other."

"Tch. Fine..." Jeanne said, letting go of the grip of her sword and crossing her arms, looking away from her. Anne looked at Jeanne with some indifference. Maria was right to prevent a fight from breaking out, especially more so when on a mission as important as this.

She then turned her attention to Alleria. Although Anne knew not to take such claims at face value, she noticed the air and grace that she feels is emanating from this knight. She seemed skilled from the sword, maybe even better than her.

There was a bit of an unease from Anne, but the knight did her best to hide that feelin from her, avoiding to make a just as bad first impression as Jeanne did. Anne did speak up however.

"My name is Annelise Steiner, of the Blue Winged Knights of Alexandria. These are my comrades, Jeanne Rubinas, and Maria Salzburg."

Theme-Blue Winged Knights

However Alleria would respond next, the next thing that was heard was, "All hands, ATTEN-HUT!!!" All of the knights, even the Pluto Knights on one end got into a line, their hands on their sides, eyes straight, chest out. General Gisale, along with Queen Garnet and her friend, was standing by. "At ease ladies and gentlemen. Our allies are in dire need right now. They are under siege from the Kingdom of Oeilvert and are requesting our help to help protect their homes."

"Oeilvert?"
Anne thought. Oeilvert had only recently came out of a Civil War, it seemed that they themselves finally snapped and let themselves loose against the world.

"For years, Alexandria has tried to shake off the bad sentiments caused by war Seventeen Years ago. Let us fight, not as Conquerors, but as Liberators and Protectors of our fellow man." The General raised her arm up, her hand clenched into a fist. "Let Us Fight In The Name Of the Alexandrian Kingdom!!!"

The soldiers all responded in unison, "For the glory of our Queen and our Kingdom, we will fight, Ma'am!!!"

General Gisale boarded the ship, while Queen Garnet turned to Sir Robert, "Please come back safely, and give Freya my regards."

Alleria Stormseeker

It was hard to deny her pleasure in seeing people keen to challenge her. She would have gladly took up the challenge if not for the reminder from one of the Knights. Indeed, the situation did not allow for such a challenge. Realizing that, Alleria couldn't help feeling just a little more guilty.

It wasn't about her claim though.

Looking at Jeanne in the eye as her friend dissuaded her; the female warrior reluctantly turned away. Alleria's guilt became disappointment. A friendly match would no doubt be more fun than standing around.

The people around her all emanated a sort of strength that her pathetic fellow Knights - who half the time discussed the latest gossip amongst themselves. Those were the females, and while the males were more focused on training, they never matched her.

"My name is Annelise Steiner, of the Blue Winged Knights of Alexandria. These are my comrades, Jeanne Rubinas, and Maria Salzburg."

That was it! Suddenly, the lavender-haired warrior was animated as she gasped at the revelation. The resemblance was not mere coincidence! Yet before she could respond, the General arrived, and by habit, Alleria found herself turning, moving behind the Knights with her blade raised upwards and held at chest level - a common Ipsen mark of respect.

"At ease ladies and gentlemen.," At these words, Alleria proceeded to sheathe her blade, keeping her sword-wielding hand on her chest, and her left hand by her side. "Our allies are in dire need right now. They are under siege from the Kingdom of Oeilvert and are requesting our help to help protect their homes."

Oeilvert, what in the world are they thinking?

Thinking to herself, she continued listening attentively.

"For years, Alexandria has tried to shake off the bad sentiments caused by war Seventeen Years ago. Let us fight, not as Conquerors, but as Liberators and Protectors of our fellow man. Let Us Fight In The Name Of the Alexandrian Kingdom!!!"

Having paid her due attention in her history classes, this information almost made Alleria scoff out aloud. She never experienced the atrocities of Brahne's reign - if any - but she certainly knew of her warmongering ways under Kuja's influence. The common debate in the textbooks was often about who was really to blame - Brahne or Kuja - but this answer is better left unsaid.

The last thing she needed was an all-out disagreement. She was, but one person after all.

"For the glory of our Queen and our Kingdom, we will fight, Ma'am!!!"

Alleria didn't join in, but she bowed slightly, just to show submission to the mission.

As the atmosphere started to lighten, Alleria just had to ask.

"Annelise! Daughter of THE Steiner and Beatrix?!"

Her eyes were wide with interest, and her tone was excited.

"You can't refuse me! I must challenge you... After this mission though."

Honestly, Alleria would have challenged any other person outright, but here, she didn't want to give away a bad impression. The Ipsen Knights were new, and Alleria was there partly as an Ambassador. The need for professionalism has never been so important - so important that it forced Alleria to change.

"You better stay alive!"

Rior Laistan
Black Mage Village - Outskirts

"My class eh. I'm a Monk. My fist and my Claws are the weapons I trained in and I owe it all to my mentor." The younger boy answered him, seeming quite pleased with himself, Rior thought.

The boys continued to walk through the thick forest, the sounds of creatures far and near filled the air, the woody smell which soon turned to the smell of the sea...The sea... Rior had never seen it, smelt it or touched it, he felt a well of excitement building up within his chest but his thoughts and excitement were broken as the boy startled him with his next words.

"What about you Ri? What makes you want to see the world? I'm just in it for the sights. But you must have wanted to do something if you left the village without a map."

Ri... the boy had given him a nickname already. Rior didn't like that at all, they were not friends.

"Well firstly, you may not call me Ri."
He scoffed, pushing a tree limb from his path. "and my reasons aren't anything special... I've been couped up in that tiny Village, being told the tales of great adventurers only to be denied adventuring myself... "

He then thought of one particular story, a story which sounded more like news to him, but those stupid mages could never get it right. Something about Oeilvert.

"How far is Oeilvert from here?"
He asked out of the blue, pointing to the map in the boys hand. "on the map, how far does it show the place from here?" He'd left the Black Mage Village without a real goal but suddenly knew what he wanted to do.

Rior was going to fight, he'd been told news of a war that was brewing between the people of Cleyra and Oeilvert, if he wanted to make a name for himself, he had to go there, he had to fight and he had to bring peace. It was a selfish reason, but what other reason did he have for anything right now?

"I'm going to make a name for myself, Lan. We're going to help stop the upcoming war!" Naive and stupid it sounded but Rior didn't care. If Zidane could do it, why couldn't he??

Robert Crescent

"Thank you. And I will give my mother your greetings. If anything, we may see her in Cleyra. I know father will most likely be at King Puck's side and preparing the Burmecia defenses, should Olivert attempt to try and strike at us." he replied to Queen Garnet. He would wait for Garnet to pass before following behind her and the General. He followed the pair through the castle and to the waiting airship where the Alexandrian Army had gathered.

Once aboard, he saw a familiar face in Annelise, the daughter of Rusty and Beatrix. There were plenty that wanted to challenge her, most likely to test their own skills or to see if she was as good as her parents. Robert already knew the answer to that when they sparred two years ago.

Robert stood in silence and listened to Garnet's speech. This was a new Alexandria, and one that was a strong ally of Burmecia, unlike Brahne who allowed her greed to cloud her mind and nearly obliterated both Burmecia and Cleyra. He still had mixed feelings about Beatrix. Growing up, he knew her as a pleasant woman, but he also later learnedabout her role in the events of Burmecia and Cleyra.

What made his relationship with her more strained was the recent revelation, when his father began recovering his memory, that Beatrix was the one responsible for his amnesia. However, Fratley was the one in that same battle atop the roof of Castle Alexandria, who took Beatrix's right eye when she was sent to stop him from warning Burmecia of the impending attack. However, niether of these hindered his friendship with Annelise or Rusty.

When the speech was done, he walked over to Annelise and offered a smile to her. "Good to see you again Annelise. How have you been?" Robert asked as he addressed his friend. Robert let his father's lance rest against his shoulder.

While he felt like a fish out of water being the only Burmecian aboard the ship, it at least wasn't his first time on an airship. Thanks to the aid of technology that Reagent Cid provided Burmecia to aid in the rebuilding, Burmecia had began to integrate steam technology into their kingdom, both for travel and for defensive military purposes. And given the almost never-ending rain, they were never in a shortage for water to provide steam power.

Many hours passed, and Koyomi was starting to feel his legs again, after many hours of just laying there from the sheer pain of water-running past those islands.

"Tsk.... I'll never try that again" He said to himself, giving a deep sigh, before attempting to drag himself to his feet. His legs were still shaking alittle, being stationary for so long after so much running, not to mention forgetting to stretch his muscles before running, has taken their toll...

"Guess i'm walking the rest of the way to Oeilvert..." He thinks to himself, slowly etching his way slowly towards the city, knowing he still has a long way to go.

Koyomi looked around the landscape, panning around to see if there was a safe place to rest, as his legs weren't fully recovered yet, and there, to the far east corner of the nearby rock formation, he saw something that looked like a small cave.

"Finally, somewhere to get out of this damned dust..." he thought to himself, yet again, sighing deeply before heading to his destination.

(OOC: Next post he'll reach Oeilvert, where he can maybe interact with a character and head to Alexandria somehow.)

Back