Your Favorite Moment

Zeith

Obsesive Completionist
Gil
What was your favorite scene from FFVI and why?

Mine would have to be the escape from the floating continent,particularly how shadow asks you to wait for him,then,if you wait until the last second,he shows up in the nick of time;I've always loved things like that,things that play with what you would ordinarily expect in a video game;it seems like Square was acutely aware by this point of video game cliches,and wasn't afraid to break and make fun of them in games like this and Chrono Trigger.

It's pretty nerve wracking too,trying to make it out in time.:blink:

(I think we might have had this thread before...?)

Ahem, on topic!

My favorite moment definitely has to
the ending, If not that, when Terra learns of her past and who and what she is. But onto the ending...

I just love the sense of hope, love, courage and strength it gives. You see 14 individual people, most hurt by the Empire, slowly gain ground against the Empire. Each with their own past, grief and pain and each with a tie.

At the end, they all gather up (depending on if you get the pickable characters) to confront Kefka for their own reasons and to save the world and bring an end to Kefka. The way the scene starts and ends makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, especially Terra, Celes, Locke and Edgar&Sabin's lines. Terra finds her love with the children, Celes learns to lean and trust on people, Locke learns to move on from Rachael and Edgar&Sabin find each other and become brothers once more.

Breaking the scene down some more, my most favorite part is when Terra and Co. flees and she offers up the last of her energy to help them escape Kefka's tower and then she tells Katrina not to give up hope and she wouldn't either, its so heart warming and fills the player (unless I'm the only one xD) with a sense of hope!
tomacry.gif

And then she falls to the Falcon, the world finally free of Kefka and the Empire's evil grasp.

The fact that Terra was willing to die guiding her friends out of the Tower even though her Father told her the Magicite/Espers would perish (and her, if she wasn't attached to someone/thing) is just so caring, I almost want to cry, especially when her Esper side dies and she falls straight down to the ship and releases her hair to feel the wind of freedom! Oh! Now I'm going to replay the game!
aww.gif

Each character (except for the few who aren't really tied to the Empire) has a believable reason to fight; love, friendship, life ect... When a game can make you feel like the characters actually have "reason" or if a scene can do that, its a great game.

Long post...but I really love this game. It was a bit hard determining which scene I loved the most since I love each little piece of the game xD

My favorite part was actually the opening to the game. I remember the first time I played it and the Overworld theme kicked on. I was like, "Daaaaaaaaaamn." I never really witnessed anything like that back in the SNES days. It still gives me goosebumps thinking about it. Sometimes I'll just start the game just to watch it.

Actually too many scene were too good in FF VI for me, But yes, if i must choose one as the best moment is when Celes finds hope when she is failing her suicide attempt and see Locke's bandana on a seagull. She is convince that her friend actually still alive and her determination is back.

My favorite moment was definitely the end of the game where the party is about to defeat Kefka. Just the mix of emotions and characters all sided up to take down a bad-ass boss makes the adrenaline of the last battle extra special and momentous.

I'm having trouble narrowing it down to a single moment, though...probably when Cyan totally beasts that guy at Doma and his whole army runs off. That was awesome.

I'm only halfway through the game right now but the entire haunted train sequence was really cool and quirky. Not to mention you can suplex the freakin train! That had me dying.

Back