Help Is there a way of skipping scenes?

Jacqui

White Mage
Gil
I only ask because the copy of the game I'm using always freezes just as I'm going up the stairs to see Dagger sing- I've tried it five or six times and it just won't let me carry on with the game. I'm aware it's a fault in the disc but I was just curious...
Thanks

Are you playing it on a PS1 or slim PS2? Because if so, You could try immediately opening the lid as soon as the cutscene starts, and then close it after the screen goes blank. I tried this a long time ago back in the PS1 days, I'm not sure if it will work, but give it a try. Otherwise: http://www.ehow.com/video_892_repair-scratched-cds.html

Hope this helps

Unless you really wan't to ruin your system or game by keep on opening and closing your lid like Sultan said, not really sorry I'd recommend putting rubbing alcohol on the cd to clean it seems to work for me.

Are you playing it on a PS1 or slim PS2? Because if so, You could try immediately opening the lid as soon as the cutscene starts, and then close it after the screen goes blank. I tried this a long time ago back in the PS1 days, I'm not sure if it will work, but give it a try. Otherwise: http://www.ehow.com/video_892_repair-scratched-cds.html

Hope this helps

Actually, the slim PS2 just pauses the cutscene when you open it, I'm pretty sure. I would try it but I don't have the time/cables for my PS2. I know the fat PS2s skip the cutscenes though. I used to go over to my dad's to play FFIX because of it, until I got a new copy.

No, it's a chunky ps2...and I lead Zidane up the stairs and immediately the disc starts whirring and trying to load
I have skipped previous scenes by opening the PS2, but I think the damage on the disc is at exactly the wrong place

Just as an aside, all of those scratch repair things tell you to use rubbing alcohol- something I don't have. Is there anything else I can clean it with

Also, is there any way I can completely skip the Dagger in the tower scene? I doubt there is, but it's always worth asking

As long as you have the fat PS2, and it's an actual CG cutscene/FMV and not a normal scene, you can skip it by doing this:

1) Once the FMV starts to play, open the lid
2) Replace the current disc with another one, possibly another FFIX disc
3) Close the disc cover and wait a moment for the console to begin reading the disc
4) Open the lid again and put in the proper FFIX disc
5) Close the lid and wait for the game to resume
(taken from an Excalibur II guide on GameFAQs.)

It it's a normal dialogue scene where you're pressing X to progress the dialogue, there's no way that I know of to skip it. My discs were brand new and my game froze once on the Atomos disc and a few times during the last cutscene.

I think it's one of those talky cutscenes- it's a while since I've played past this part, but I seem to remember Dagger/Garnet telling Zidane a lot of things. I guess it's a trip to the game shop in Rhyl for me, they've got a disc fixing service. Thanks anyway :)

Back