Ozma

Bleh. Levels won't really save you much... just your armour and special abilities (that being what you choose to defend yourself with; Insomniac, Auto-Reflect etc). If you can protect yourself against his negative status effects, you've essentially won the fight. And by the time you're able to take him on, you'll have some pretty good armour, so the battle would be much easier.

And yes, make sure you've completed the Friendly Monster quest. Additionally makes the battle easier and more copable.

YES I DID!!! It took me about 16-18 times to try to beat him. This battle was crazy! My party actually died about three times, but the rebirth flame came into effect all three times. I did NOT complete the friendly monster sidequest because I scared off the ghost in Treno, so that made it a little harder. I used my ONLY dark matter against him, and he gave me one back in return for beating him, along with a FULL PUMICE. The only thing I was after was the pumice piece and the Robe Of Lords that I know he carries. But anyway, although he was a complete and total bastard, the battle was definately worth it.

It's weird, Everyone says this is ridiculously hard but i didn't find him that hard.I beat him on my third go and I didn't do the friendly monster quest.My characters were about Lv 60-65 and i just kept using shock and things like that and he eventually died.I guess I was just lucky ;).Just have the right armour and abilities and it shouldn't be too hard.

Honestly, I didn't find Ozma challenging as it should've been... I mean, as long as you know what your doing, and if you fed all the friendly monsters, he is mad easy. Same with Hades, I've seen people say that he is so hard, and almost impossible to beat. Then when I did it for the first time, I was like, "What the hell?" I was ready for a nice, long, hard battle... What I got was a stupid dissapointment of not even 2 minutes. Arg, that angered me.

Beating Ozma is partly down to luck. You could beat it with a Level 1 party if you used the right strategy and it used the wrong one, yet using a combination of Meteor and Curse it could probably wipe out a Level 99 party pretty easily, no matter what you did to try and to defeat it.

Last edited:
I didn't find Ozma to be all that hard. I lost a couple of times but then i went and got the last Yan thing so i could use physical attack on him. After i got that i whooped his multi-colored spinning ass!!

Well...

I was low Lv (Steiner Lv 24)

My team was Zidane,Freya,Steiner and Eiko

that battle tooked for me 20 min...i used all my powerful attacks and magics

and there...Ozma defeated ^_^

Ozma was quite difficult, but I found the solution. Make sure that everybody is equipped with an armor that either absorbs or neutralizes shadow magic, this turns Doomsday into quite a helper. Secondly, have as many people as possible with the Return Magic ability...this will send Doomsday back at Ozma. With a good set-up, it is actually possible to kill Ozma in one-turn using this strategy. The cool part about it is that you don't have to spend hours upon hours trying to reach level 99.

Yes I did, but only after several attempts and some serious training though. After that it took me a couple of tries to finally develop a strategy for beating that sphere of whatever. Lol...

LOL, Rainbow stunk a crudload. I had to heal my party every other turn, and would still lose just 5 minutes after that. The closest I ever got to beating him was when my characters were level 80.
So no, never did defeat Ozma.

Yay! New server's up! And just in time for me to declare my victory over Ozma!

I finally beat him, took me six tries. My luck was going quite well for a while until he used Meteor and killed off Amarant and Vivi (not like they did me much good, just healed with items) and Zidane. Thankfully Zidane had auto-life, and so i just Shocked him and after another turn Ozma knocked Zidane into trance with Curse and SOMEHOW Mini actually missed Zidane, so i just pounded the bastard with Shock and Grand Lethal. Thank god for Pumice Pieces and Auto-Life xD

I cant believe i actually beat him, my heart rate is still up from the battle O_O

I beat Ozma. I used Zidane, Vivi, Garnet and Amarant. A trick I used was to put everyone on auto-revive and then summon Ark. By the time the summon was over, everyone had healed loads of health. :D

I don't remember my first kill on Ozma very well. I remember killing him rather quickly. I took me very few tires to kill him. Yes, Auto-life and absorb shadow armor helped in this fight. >_<

My party members were around level 75-ish. I had Zidane, Steiner, Freya and Eiko. I had Zidane near trance before the fight as well.

Auto-life isnt really very useful except for the fight against Ozma...it's an absolute necessity then. I also made sure that Grand Dragon's pummeled Zidane to one hit away from trance before i fought Ozma.

Steiner was lv 61 and Zidane was lv 60 when i beat Ozma...Vivi was lv 64 and Amarant was 60. Those two died quickly though and i just didnt bother wasting a turn to revive them. Even Auto-Potion seems to count as a full turn with Ozma's speed >_<

Then after the fight i plowed through all the bosses in Memoria (including Hades, he never even had time to begin his countdown) and then wiped the floor with Deathguise, Kuja and even Necron. Every boss is soooo pathetically easy compared to Ozma. Only thing in the game close to being as bad as Ozma are those Yans.

One of the toughest monsters in the entire FF series

Yes i beat Ozma with a party consisting of Zidane, Vivi, Quina and Freya

He was a really tough challenge i beat him twice
Once without the FMSQ
Once with the FMSQ

FMSQ = friendly monster side quest

if ozma killed me once, he killed me a thousand times. Even when i eventually killed him i think that was just lucky 'cause he never used that god awful attack on me....cant remember waht it was now,

Ozma The Terrible

I was browsing on youtube recently and stumbled upon a video of someone beating Ozma with all lvl 1 characters. I was wondering if anyone had completed this impressive task or if anyone has beaten Ozma at all. I remember trying but always coming up short. Maybe ill give it another shot.

Back