Votes: 21 37.5%
  • I <3 Cats!

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • I <3 Dogs!

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • I <3 NONE!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Definitely dogs. I have always had a dog in my home, and they are the best companions I've ever had. Man's best friend, as they say.

I've owned a few cats over the years too, and I really don't like them. They don't come when you call them, they are selfish, no fun, they don't do tricks, you can't take them for walks.. Idunno, they are just unpleasant to me.

The way I see it, dogs are there when you need them, cats are there when you have something for them.

I am so not a dog person. You dont have to walk cats or let them out to use the loo, and they are more likely to empty your bin and trash the house, and they bark :rage: Dogs jut annoy me. I prefer the independence of the cat, she doesnt need constant attention and she takes up less room on the bed

I love dogs.

Most of the liking probably came from the influence of a story I heard some time ago. I'm not sure when I heard it, but it probably was a time when I could really get influenced, eh?

The story went like this:

There was a rich man, and he raised two pets - a dog and cat. He treated both pets very well, such that they were probably comfortable the whole time they were there. Well, later on, the rich man somehow became poor, and was unable to provide the same treatment to both pets as before. The cat left, and the dog stayed.

Which basically ingrained in me a sort of logic. Cats are bad. Dogs are good, loyal.

It's quite funny now that I think about it, but right now, I'm definitely a dog person. I feel weird around a cat, some animosity, to be precise - amusingly. :D That, and I won't be able to, cos' my cousin has got a really terrible phobia of cats. Heh

I'm definitely a dog person. I just find them much more engaging and interactive - and if I'm going to have a pet I want it to be like a family member.

That being said - I actually do like cats if they're sociable. I just can't stand the fact that they shit in a box full of scented gravel that you have to keep in your house somewhere.

Cats <3 definitely much easier to take care of. I can leave the house and know they're okay because they have a litter box, a bowl to eat out of and a water bowl. I can leave my cat outside for a few hours and call his name, he'll just come running back from a few fences away.

A dog is something I'll have to commit a lot of time to because they require walks, bathing and they don't have a bathroom.

Dogs remind me too much of children - toddlers :rage: and its like, they are in that toddler stage their entire life, the constant care and attention they need.. nahhhhhh. I cant be doing with children, so like fuck would I ever have a mutt :8F:

As for folk saying cats arent as loytal or loving, id rather earn a cats affection, than have a dog that ju st blindly gave it regardless of how you treated it. And even though my cat is at my mums right now, being fed tuna and getting trewated like some sort of bloody queen, when I walk through that door later she will be all over me like a tramp on chips because she has missed her mum. She won't just snub me and be all, i aint interested in you no more, this woman feeds me luxury items everyday :mokken:

She will be all excited and have a pink nose :mokken:

We've never been apart this long :gonk:

I like dogs, but only when they belong to someone else. Then I don't have to walk them etc etc. :hmph:

I prefer cats because they take care of themselves and all you have to do is feed them. I hear dogs are more loyal and all that but I've had cats that are 'loyal' to the family and all that good stuff.

I just want a cute furry animal to purr every once in a while and then I'm good. :mokken: I can't be arsed with a high maintenance pet. :rage:

Dogs by default that i'm allergic to cats :wacky:

Most of my childhood was spent with an Alsation we had so i'm naturally biased to dogs tbh :hmmm:

Have to say though, if I had the choice i'd probably take the cat, think my patience would wear thin keeping them entertained :wacky:

So both, I guess really :hmmm:

Cats for me. My family always kept dogs and I didn't actually get a cat myself before 2009, but that beast totally managed to convert me from dog person to cat person.

Cats are very low maintance compared to dogs and in my experience can be just as loving and loyal. Oh and my cat comes when I call his name :wacky: I like dogs too, but they are just too much work and too dependent on you and I don't think that I get anymore out of them than I do cats. I'm also pretty lazy so cats are much more my pace haha.

I've always been more of a dog person myself although I am a bit more biased since I've only owned a dog and no cats. I generally don't mind cats so if someone brought one home it wouldn't be a big deal for me, my dog probably woudn't approve of it though. :P But eh, who knows. Maybe I may end up raising a cat one day and change my mind but for now I choose dogs.

Velcro comes when I call her name, and she plays fetch with bobbles

i tried taking her for a walk once, she wasnt having any of that though :wacky:

Velcro comes when I call her name, and she plays fetch with bobbles

i tried taking her for a walk once, she wasnt having any of that though :wacky:

I took my cat for a walk once, he loved it :8F: I didn't though, he's a small, fat cat, and people looked at me funny cos I had him in a harness, on a lead.

Proof that cats do everything dogs do :mokken: you can even take them for walks.

Proof that cats do everything dogs do :mokken: you can even take them for walks.
You proved nothing. :mokken:

A dog is man's best friend, and for a reason. Because of its dependency, it'll bend over backwards for you. Cats have that "I'm too good for you" attitude that doesn't make them a best friend. I'm still saying you can have more fun playing around with a dog. Cats can't be bothered with that for the most part.

I don't mind either to be honest, however I would never own a cat.

Messy things they are.

I love my friends cats. They are adorable, but whenever I go over all I smell is cat litter and see their torn up lounge and carpet and screen door etc.

They just aren't the sort of animal I'd want in my own home.

Dogs are easy. You can keep them outside in a fenced yard and take them for walks and such. Much more fun and energetic and they don't need to come inside and when I do get one, they most definitely will not ever set foot in the house.

It's harder with cats. You can't just stick them outside. They can easily hop the fence. =/

So yeah I love both, just wouldn't ever own a cat myself.

I'm more of a cat person. I've lived with cats since I was born, so I know how to take care of them. I love watching them in the garden too! :) They're relatively clean, lovely to cuddle, and they're reserved. :)

Furthermore, I enjoy the independence of cats. Dogs are extremely friendly, yes, and I love taking them for walks, but giving a dog all of the attention it needs every day would be hard. Having seen how much my grandfather's dog affects his life has made his very real for me... He hates going out if he can't take his dog and HAS to get back by 5 in order to feed him. He doesn't really go on holiday anymore, except in the caravan, so seems a bit unhappy if he visits us; we have cats, so the dog can't stay with us.

@Kandy: I think the cleanliness of a cat depends, in part, on how much its owner trains them and whether or not its owner encourages it to 'do its business' outside. My parents will always tell the cats off if they start wrecking the furniture and we don't have cat litter in the house unless one cat is too ill to go outside. Also, you can stick them outside. :P Haha. Close the catflap! ;) My parents keep the cats outside (though they do have their own room) at night because they enjoy fighting. :wacky: George will also go through the house talking to everything. :lew: They're perfectly happy, too. They'll often stay cuddled up in their baskets after we open the door in the morning.

I prefer cats to dogs though I quite like both, at the minute we have a dog. I do not really play with him but I occasionally take him for walks or let him sit on the couch with me. I much prefer cats because they are less maintenance and can't just sit on your lap. I am very allergic to them though

Hmm, I can't remember if I posted in here.

I think I'm a Cat & dog-person. Although, I like cats because I have a slight fear of dogs, at least if I don't trust them 100%. With cats they can cuddle up next to you and they don't really trash a house. But with dogs they can protect you and cheer ya up when you're down--but they destroy things.

I have both and I love my dogs and cats so, yeah, I'm a cat and dog person. :ryan:
When I move out alone by myself I'll probably have two really big and strong dogs for protection but also two cats. I love both. :ryan:

Hi Everyone :D

So, are you a cat lover or a dog lover or do you manage to share your love between the two?

I personally am a dog lover (although I do like cats too, just not as much)
I love dogs because they're so happy, flappin' their tails around when you come home, they're playful and smart and I feel that smaller dogs are pretty much cats with a personality (sorry cats)
They make me happy when I am sad and most of them are very cuddly.

NOW YOU! :D
:randompoke:

Said best here in the OP. While some cats have quite a bit of personality they are much more withdrawn than dogs. I love dogs and how attentive they are to you and want to snuggle with you, instead of in your laundry basket. They are much more personable, etc etc.

Also, this had to be posted in here.

I feel like updating.

I no longer hold any kind of love or tolerance for cats. I still find them cute, if they don't belong to me I will happily pet one or look at it and say "aww cute" but I will never, ever, EVER own another cat so long as I live.

I have two dogs and I had a cat. The dogs are sweet and lovely, they listen to me, they're tidy (most of the time) and they're well behaved. The cat (who now lives somewhere else) came along into my home, tore up the side of my leather couch, tore my curtains, it didn't listen, didn't come for a pat or a hug, it meowed constantly til it got what it wanted. Looking after a cat is a thankless task.

I do not see what people see in cats, they are a waste of space in my eyes :hmmm:

But each to their own I guess.

The cat (who now lives somewhere else) came along into my home, tore up the side of my leather couch, tore my curtains, it didn't listen, didn't come for a pat or a hug, it meowed constantly til it got what it wanted. Looking after a cat is a thankless task.

I do not see what people see in cats, they are a waste of space in my eyes :hmmm:
That cat sounds like a feral and/or stray. Some cats are certainly like that, and I'm not a fan of those types either...but you can liken them to aggressive dogs that attack people for no reason. They're just one personality-type.

The three cats we have have had loving owners since they were kittens. We got Tyke and George when they were each about 8 weeks old, so they're very adapted into the home, love attention, are calm, and whilst they're not trained in the same way a dog would be, they will stop sharpening their claws on the carpet when we tell them firmly to stop.

Leo was about 8 months when we took him from a home that couldn't keep him anymore. Their two large dogs kept picking him up by the legs and playing with him like a toy. :( He was so affectionate at first, then a bit standoffish (yet never destructive), and now he's very very affectionate again.

Food is certainly at the top of each cat's list, but they love attention before, after and during their breakfast and dinner, and that is a form of love and thanks! George and Tyke will sit and sleep by us throughout the day, George often meowing to find out where we are if he's not sure (he's a little stupid so doesn't search for us first :wacky:). Leo is more fickle, but tends to come into the house a couple of times a day. When he does, we can't get him to stop being affectionate! :lew:

Cats and dogs both develop in a way that reflects how they've been treated, I think. Since you say your cat 'came along into your home,' I'm assuming you first met this cat when it was already an adult, and therefore already had an established personality. They're very difficult to change. :wacky:

Back